ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 111 of 138
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 02:28 PM 03-14-2021
Tampering period ends tomorrow. Post all the signings in here.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:05 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If you're going to use a 1 in 1000 outlier like Marcus Peters' emotional problems then you might as well just not have a 1st round pick at all.

Your beloved LT might be a head case too so he's not worth drafting. Nobody would be if that's the case.
Everything in the draft is a calculated risk. Every dollar spent in FA is a calculated risk. Every player trade is a calculated risk.

The risk lowers as players show the ability to effectively do things in college games and understand concepts during meetings and workouts as well as show on tape how they matched up against players that ended up in the nfl or were drafted.

You may think the risk is minimal staying out of trades and drafting at 31...Veach might look at the risk in 3-5 of the OTs much lower than the rest of the pool.

I won’t be shocked if we use premium resources to move up to get someone they identify and a franchise left tackle, if one falls far enough where Veach can go get him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:08 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Everything in the draft is a calculated risk. Every dollar spent in FA is a calculated risk. Every player trade is a calculated risk.

The risk lowers as players show the ability to effectively do things in college games and understand concepts during meetings and workouts as well as show on tape how they matched up against players that ended up in the nfl or were drafted.

You may think the risk is minimal staying out of trades and drafting at 31...Veach might look at the risk in 3-5 of the OTs much lower than the rest of the pool.

I won’t be shocked if we use premium resources to move up to get someone they identify and a franchise left tackle, if one falls far enough where Veach can go get him.
That's all well and good except we have zero idea who they're going to identify. Every name we're throwing out there is based on internet searches and us watching games. We don't know at all who the Chiefs value

In fact, given Veach and Reid's recent history, the guys they value are guys we haven't even considered.

I can't wait for the draft when they take a CB at 31 and everybody goes apeshit.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:08 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Hes an extremely impatient guy when he sees a need. He wanted to trade a first and some picks for Patrick Peterson and 2 firsts for Ramsey a few years ago.

If we move up to get a LT were giving up what we gave for Mahomes.
If we’re going to go up to 10-12, sure.

Honestly, I’d be fine if they did that...but that’s a big risk. I’d trust their evaluations if they made that move.

Left tackle is the second most important position in the nfl and I’d love to see Pat have the time to go through progressions and let deep routes get open more often.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:10 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
If we’re going to go up to 10-12, sure.

Honestly, I’d be fine if they did that.

Left tackle is the second most important position in the nfl and I’d love to see Pat have the time to go through progressions and let deep routes get open more often.
Unless they're getting Sewell for trading up that high, no thanks.

I'm not giving up the Patrick picks package for fucking Rashawn Slater. I saw plenty of him in college and he's fine but he's not a premier LT prospect and not worth that kind of scratch.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:23 PM 03-25-2021
Unless they're getting Sewell for trading up that high, no thanks.

I'm not giving up the Patrick picks package for ****ing Rashawn Slater. I saw plenty of him in college and he's fine but he's not a premier LT prospect and not worth that kind of scratch.
Yup actually think Slater would be better at guard
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:24 PM 03-25-2021
Yup actually think Slater would be better at guard
A lot of the scouting reports do too. But it's not a popular opinion around here.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:29 PM 03-25-2021
Is the gap big enough between Darrisaw and Cosmi?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:31 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Is the gap big enough between Darrisaw and Cosmi?
Not in my mind.

If Darrisaw is two 1st's plus and Cosmi is a 1st and a 3rd, I'm taking Cosmi 10 times out of 10.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 03:38 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Quit this "Robinson is our #2" shit. It's not a thing. There's nothing that would suggest that's true.
So who is? Pringle? Hardman? A rookie? The other options are not really better than drob at this point.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:47 PM 03-25-2021
I think they sit tight and take either Cosmi or Eichenberg.

Notre Dame lineman are always pretty damn good out of the gate.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:52 PM 03-25-2021

Some of y'all act like you didn't see the Chiefs go 14-2 and make it to the Super Bowl with Remmers, Allegretti, Reiter, Wylie, and Fisher getting most the snaps at OL.

— Gary McKenzie (@Super_G_Chiefs) March 24, 2021

[Reply]
staylor26 03:53 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I think they sit tight and take either Cosmi or Eichenberg.

Notre Dame lineman are always pretty damn good out of the gate.
I know this board is extremely high on Cosmi, and I’d prefer him to Eichenberg, but there’s a better chance that Cosmi makes it to 31 than people think IMO.

I don’t get the sense that he’s as highly regarded around NFL circles as he is in here and by some experts. A lot of questions about his balance. He’s not a prospect that every team will love. I could totally see teams like the Steelers and Colts preferring Eichenberg for their offense/philosophy.

Like I’ve said before, Kiper, DJ, and Zierlein don’t even have him going in the 1st. I think this idea that he’s a top 25 lock isn’t really the case.
[Reply]
O.city 03:54 PM 03-25-2021
Are you seriously going to pretend there were no extenuating circumstances? Like they traded away Marcus Peters because he sucked or something?

You're being extremely disingenuous.
I’m saying they haven’t exactly been very good at drafting in the first round and they’re one of the beat teams in the nfl.

So you’re theory that it would cripple them is off
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:54 PM 03-25-2021
If we bring back Reiter.....then all we need is average at LT and we’ll have a better offensive line than last year.

LT - Obvious question
LG - Improved
C - Same
RG - Improved
RT - Remmers is the same. Niang could be an improvement.
[Reply]
O.city 03:57 PM 03-25-2021
Hes an extremely impatient guy when he sees a need. He wanted to trade a first and some picks for Patrick Peterson and 2 firsts for Ramsey a few years ago.

If we move up to get a LT were giving up what we gave for Mahomes.
When the need is at LT, yeah, I’d be pretty impatient
[Reply]
Page 111 of 138
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121 > Last »
Up