ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 34
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>TheDraftNetwork.com's mock draft machine is pretty great.
Direckshun 01:41 AM 01-15-2021
Try it out here.

Post your results.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:29 PM 02-03-2021
I ran it today.

32. Dillon Radunz (No WR worth this spot, Ojulari was gone, scared of Phillips concussion issues now, I think the team grade is higher on him than for many - really, this is a perfect Andy Reid tackle)
64. Dayo Odeyingbo (Best value. 2nd round worthy OL did not make it here)
95. Tylan Wallace (best-rated WR there, though KC might prefer Marquez Stevenson or Dyami Brown or the Louisville kid here)

I don't think that site's rankings are quite as good as a place like PFN.

Here's what I just ran at PFN, which lets you make trades AND has an AI trade engine that is pretty good. I think their board is a little better right now, too.

41. Terrance Marshall, Jr. WR (trade down)
64. Dillon Radunz, OT
72. Quinn Meinerz, C (the second trade down pick, let's me use it on a IOL upgrade)
95. Dayo Odeyingbo, DE (super excited about his potential, think this may be more of a 2nd round pick)
137. Monty Rice, LB (trade down, speedy LB for depth/ST, could develop into a good nickel/dime LB alongside Gay)
163. William Bradley-King, DE (this is another scheme fit; Bradley-King is a long, physical end with some upside)
168. Jaelon Darden, WR (this pick moved up in one of my trades; with it, I go BPA and get someone who can be used in the return game to allow Hardman a bigger role in the offense. He's a poor man's Kadarius Toney, IMO)

A draft like this shapes up as a best-case scenario for KC, IMO. They get a bunch of guys who can help. You'd have to bring Remmers back in this situation, because I think Radunz needs a year in an NFL S&T program before he can really take off (the reason he's more of a Day 2 than Day 1 guy, IMO). You'd roll the dice with Radunz and Niang and hope one of them is ready to start.

Meinerz would give you an instant starter at C, let you save money on Reiter, and potentially upgrade in a big way there.

Odeyingbo and Bradley-King are developmental guys who fit the system well, can contribute as rotation guys next year, and give you more pass rush juice. Lot of upside there, IMO.

Rice is depth. Darden is depth. Both have a little upside.

And i've saved the best for last. Getting Marshall Jr AND trading down seems too good to be true, and might be. But adding a 6-3 WR who is versatile enough to play inside or out, with the RAC skills different look he'd add to this offense would be phenomenal.
[Reply]
Hoover 04:07 PM 02-03-2021
32. Liam Eichenberg - OT
64. Amon-Ra St. Brown - WR
95. Patrick Joned II - Edge
136. Deommodore Lenoir - CB
175. James Empey - IOL
176. Ihmir Smith-Marsette - WR
180. Cole Van Lanen. - OT
211. Grant Stuard - LB
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:05 PM 02-03-2021
My problem with Eichenberg at 32 is that I don't know if he can even play tackle in this scheme. His ability to play in space is questionable at best. He's a good run blocker but he's a guy that would probably be a guard in this offense.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:55 PM 02-03-2021
Let the draft come to me primarily. If anything, knowing how it went down, I'd wait even longer on WR. So much talent available all through there.

Kansas City Chiefs
Alijah Vera-Tucker
IOL, USC

Kansas City Chiefs
Jevon Holland
S, Oregon

Kansas City Chiefs
Patrick Jones II
EDGE, Pittsburgh

Kansas City Chiefs
Anthony Schwartz
WR, Auburn

Kansas City Chiefs
Bobby Brown III
IDL, Texas A&M

Kansas City Chiefs
Josh Imatorbhebhe
WR, Illinois

Kansas City Chiefs
Marco Wilson
CB, Florida

Kansas City Chiefs
K.J. Britt
LB, Auburn
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:20 PM 02-03-2021
What does drafting Vera-Tucker get us? We'd still have needs at C and OT.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:25 AM 02-04-2021
You could theoretically put Allegretti there.

Or you could re-sign Reiter for $$$ or re-sign Kilgore for $.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:26 AM 02-04-2021
kccrow,

Concerned at all about Patrick Jones' Senior Bowl performance?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:39 AM 02-04-2021
I've run 3 again this morning.

What it comes down to for me is that the guys that are most likely to be there are Leatherwood, Eichenberg, and Vera-Tucker (Mayfield again went in the 20's all 3 times). The WR's I covet, particularly Marshall, are also going off the board before 32 most of the time. Vera-Tucker is a guard and I just can't justify the pick. We need an OT more than anything else. Leatherwood is also probably going to be a guard.

I'm not sold on Eichenberg being a top flight tackle with some of his issues but he's by far the safest pick here in terms of getting immediate return. I could always take Phillips here despite the concussions or Ojulari but I'm not 100% convinced Ojulari can be a 4-3 every down DE.

For that reason, I think the only sure pick is Eichenberg.

32. Liam Eichenberg, OT Notre Dame

As I explained above, I'm looking here for return on investment. Eichenberg at this pick probably has a floor of starting RT and a ceiling of starting LT. Due to the holes we have, he's going to play right away and certainly, the Chiefs staff can work on his technique to help him in space.

64. Dayo Odeyingbo, Edge Vanderbilt

Another potential Day 1 starter. As you'll see in the rest of my picks, I value versatility, especially because I think the Chiefs value it as well. Dayo played several positions in college, even sliding inside to 3T. He also could play OLB in a 3-4. He's a chess piece and we all know how Spags loves that.

95. Amari Rodgers, WR Clemson

Slot WR, built like a RB, can figure into the running game as well as the return game. Needs work on his route running but he's a great, versatile fit for a WCO.

129. Richard LeCounte III, S Georgia

Another player with versatility, a little bit in the HB mold. He can cover slot WR's, he can cover RB's, he can play in multiple sub packages. He could also be a full-time participant in ST right away.

175. Sadarius Hutcherson, IOL South Carolina

Again, it's all about versatility. He's played OT and OG, he's played on the left and on the right. He has a great chance to make the team because he can play every position except C. I took Hutcherson and the previous pick (LeCounte) in pretty much every mock I ran. I like them both a lot for the value.

176. Ihmir Smith-Marsette, WR Iowa

Developmental WR with size and speed. Has the ability to contribute in both the running and passing game. A lot of unrealized potential in Iowa's pro style offense.

180. Josh Imatorbhebhe, WR Illinois

Another Big 10 WR here but this one is a pure developmental prospect. I don't know if Imatorbhebhe will ever be able to adjust to a WCO but his measurable are off the chart so it's worth a shot.

211. Naquan Jones, IDL Michigan State

A big body that didn't get to play much at a school that is usually stacked with talent on the DL. What few snaps he did get, he flashed but he needs a lot of development. However, guys that weigh 325 and are quick are rare.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:41 AM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
You could theoretically put Allegretti there.

Or you could re-sign Reiter for $$$ or re-sign Kilgore for $.
Reiter is likely too expensive, Kilgore is JAG.

Allegretti is probably the most likely candidate but he's also a pretty good LG.

I'm not suggesting we have to take a center, it just seems like a waste to take a guard when we have several already.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:18 AM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Reiter is likely too expensive, Kilgore is JAG.

Allegretti is probably the most likely candidate but he's also a pretty good LG.

I'm not suggesting we have to take a center, it just seems like a waste to take a guard when we have several already.
They signed Britt. Maybe they think they can plug him in and he’ll be average.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:23 AM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
They signed Britt. Maybe they think they can plug him in and he’ll be average.
If that's the case, then we need a guard even less.

I honestly don't get the discussion sometimes and it's not really specific people, it just seems to come in waves. It's several days of "we have to get a tackle" and then mock draft a guard and no tackles?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:29 AM 02-04-2021
So I wonder what happens if Wylie looks at least average on Sunday. Do they think about bringing him back as a starting RT?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:33 AM 02-04-2021
So I wonder what happens if Wylie looks at least average on Sunday. Do they think about bringing him back as a starting RT?
He's a RFA so they probably bring him back regardless unless somebody gives him a big offer. I don't know if they would play him at RT or LG though. They seem to prefer him at guard.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:37 AM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He's a RFA so they probably bring him back regardless unless somebody gives him a big offer. I don't know if they would play him at RT or LG though. They seem to prefer him at guard.
So this is all going to hinge on Schwartz and if he’s done. If he’s back healthy next year, then I would bring back Remmers and either put Remmers at LT or give Niang a shot in camp.

I’m just not seeing that we absolutely need to draft a LT at 32.

Niang/Remmers - Allegretti - Britt/Rookie - LDT - Schwartz
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:44 AM 02-04-2021
I’m just not seeing that we absolutely need to draft a LT at 32.
Me either.

But when I suggested it, I got pounced on for saying it.

That's what is confusing me.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 34
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up