Hammock Parties 01:11 PM 07-20-2022
OH YEAH!

All the dragons roar as one.
The #HOTD trailer has arrived. pic.twitter.com/ug7ESvpg8U

— House of the Dragon (@HouseofDragon) July 20, 2022

[Reply]
Fish 08:32 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Another good episode. They really just swooped in there and took the crown before anyone knew what was happening.

Spoiler!

I really don't like Ser Criston. Dude is such a simp.

Spoiler!
Regarding the first question, I was really wondering that myself. That seemed out of place.

At the start of the series I thought Criston was gonna be a pretty cool good. Helluva fighter, loyal, etc. Then he had that fling with the princess, and just turned into an epic simp that I can no longer stand. Good effort by that actor. I hate the guy.

Regarding the second spoiler,
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:10 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
What an episode. So little talk or does it normally come during the week?

This is why I haven't checked out this thread until last week. Figured the show wasn't a big thing here.

Man what a show. Granted I'm an ASOIAF universe fanboy, but objectively it makes it REALLY hard for me to watch other TV. The acting, music, directing, production, everything is just so ****ing high-quality. And then I'm just a sucker for the world.
It’s a huge hit for HBO and with audiences.

The people posting in here think it’s a good show too. Just not traffic like GOT thread. It’s first season is better than some years of GOT and it’s spending all year explaining who and why the dudes are in the next 3 years of war. Maybe some are wanting a Hardhome, battle of bastards level show before moving on from the season 8 debacle of GOT.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:53 PM 10-17-2022
Awesome episode. Prime GOT with nothing but the music and acting conveying so much.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:10 PM 10-18-2022
Question for the group. If it’s a spoiler in the books, spoiler it but I’ve not read the books so no idea.

Bran can go back in time. All the way back to the first men. So could he be causing this or manipulating people and or events to keep their GOT history on trek?
[Reply]
CupidStunt 04:28 PM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Well.. didn't take long for Aemond to pine for the throne lol
That surprised me a little. I wonder how much they'll do with this in S2. Obviously that would depend on Aegon as well, how he adapts to being King. I like the way they handled Aemond's current mindset, but I don't think it makes sense to continue too hard down that path if Aegon takes an interest in defending his crown.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 04:39 PM 10-18-2022
Cargyll twins:

Spoiler!

That's how I see it at least. No book canon there. Heck, even the book canon is unreliable accounts of history. That's why it's such good source material, so much flexibility for the writers.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:07 PM 10-18-2022
Daemon is going to fuck some shit up, and I'm here for it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:41 PM 10-18-2022
She shoulda cooked 'em.
[Reply]
the steam 05:47 PM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Had your Dragon cocked and ready... WTF??
I thought that was really stupid. She leaves in the middle of the ceremony and is back on a dragon in like 3 minutes
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:52 PM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Had your Dragon cocked and ready... WTF??
A glaring WTF moment no doubt. Not understanding the motivation to not have a Targ BBQ right then and there.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:55 PM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Season 1 HOTD >>>> Season 1 GOT

This season is just setting up the story and has been much more entertaining than season 1 of Game of Thrones.
HOTD gets the benefit of learning about what everyone loved in GOT, so it's like jumping in mid-GOT in terms of production value.

And while i agree with your statement, GOT had the mystery and intrigue of the White Walkers, which is something missing from HOTD.

After finishing HOTD S1, i'm not left with the same kind of intrigue as i had with GOT S1.

There's going to be a war. Cool. We all knew that. There's no, "WTF are those zombie things and how is that going to come into play?" that GOT had.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:00 PM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
HOTD gets the benefit of learning about what everyone loved in GOT, so it's like jumping in mid-GOT in terms of production value.

And while i agree with your statement, GOT had the mystery and intrigue of the White Walkers, which is something missing from HOTD.

After finishing HOTD S1, i'm not left with the same kind of intrigue as i had with GOT S1.

There's going to be a war. Cool. We all knew that. There's no, "WTF are those zombie things and how is that going to come into play?" that GOT had.
You know that wasn't the finale though, right?
[Reply]
staylor26 06:02 PM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by the steam:
I thought that was really stupid. She leaves in the middle of the ceremony and is back on a dragon in like 3 minutes
I was confused at first, but I'm pretty sure the dragon pit is underneath, hence her smirk when she realized where everybody was going.
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:06 PM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You know that wasn't the finale though, right?
No. No i did not.

Well then....
[Reply]
staylor26 06:12 PM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
No. No i did not.

Well then....
Oh boy.

I'm not going to spoil anything, but based on what I've read about the book and the previews to next week....

We're in for a good one.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 37
« First < 202627282930 31323334 > Last »
Up