Media Center>Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hammock Parties 11:24 AM 02-10-2022
May 25. Let's goooo!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:51 PM 06-05-2022
i'm ready for the training montage

i hope obi wan greets vader the next time with a "hello there"

i absolutely love how they did the first meeting, though

obi wan's PTSD is flaring up and there is no sign of cocky, confident obi wan, the absolute way it should be

PEOPLE ARE NOT ALL GOOD, LEIA

dude was fucking triggered, maybe the first time we've ever seen obi wan lose his shit outside of the death of his mentor and friend
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:46 PM 06-05-2022

[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:32 PM 06-05-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:
Young Leia was just an ends to a mean. Her presence is a necessary evil
yeah I don’t get the hate. It was an 8 year old girl that got the part. Are we expecting even good acting from an 8-10 year old?

Want to talk about bad casting decisions, let’s talk about one of the all time worst, Anakin. Not made by Kathleen Kennedy but the esteemed founder of this whole universe.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:36 AM 06-06-2022
I feel like Obi wan is going to have to wipe Leias memory of him to protect her. Given how she talks to him in A New Hope, it’s far less formal from a person who you likely remember saving your life when you were young. I’m looking forward to when he actually shows up though, I feel they made him look too weak in this episode, and expecting him to come back now, with a serious burn injury, and be able to beat Vader is a bit too far fetched. It’s been fun so far, looking forward to the last three episodes.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:35 AM 06-06-2022
"Where is Obi-Wan? Is he unsafe? Is he not alright?"

:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:44 AM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I feel like Obi wan is going to have to wipe Leias memory of him to protect her. Given how she talks to him in A New Hope, it’s far less formal from a person who you likely remember saving your life when you were young. I’m looking forward to when he actually shows up though, I feel they made him look too weak in this episode, and expecting him to come back now, with a serious burn injury, and be able to beat Vader is a bit too far fetched. It’s been fun so far, looking forward to the last three episodes.
Bacta + a couple weeks training. No big deal.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:45 AM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Are we expecting even good acting from an 8-10 year old?
She's a phenomenal actor. Way better than Jake Lloyd.
[Reply]
trndobrd 07:02 AM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:

Maybe he doesn't come back to defeat Vader. Could be that Obi Wan rescues Leia and returns her to Alderan, then goes back into hiding to keep watch over Luke.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:16 AM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by trndobrd:
Maybe he doesn't come back to defeat Vader.
"when i left you i was but the learner"
[Reply]
notorious 07:56 AM 06-06-2022
Yeah, crazy old Ben isn't beating Vader.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:39 AM 06-06-2022
Bet during their second duel it's more even and Reva ends up redeeming and sacrificing herself so that Obi Wan can get away. If they go that route the reception to it will be...... Interesting.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:10 AM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by trndobrd:
Maybe he doesn't come back to defeat Vader. Could be that Obi Wan rescues Leia and returns her to Alderan, then goes back into hiding to keep watch over Luke.

Spoiler!
I don't think there is any need to spoiler that. :-)

With all the additions to the story since 1977 (particularly Kenobi dispatching Maul like he was cutting through a paper bag), I think it's fair to assume that he probably could have defeated Vader, but instead deliberately sacrificed himself to create enough of a distraction to allow Luke and Leia to escape.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:17 AM 06-06-2022
:-)

[Reply]
staylor26 04:00 PM 06-06-2022
Clay, what’s your opinion of the Reva character?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:04 PM 06-06-2022
We'd talked about that earlier, and I think I sort of understand the perspective others have a lot more now. Does some of your dislike stem from the fact they've, for lack of a better way to put it, torn Obi Wan down in order to prop her up? Sort of like Rey and Luke from TLJ?
[Reply]
Page 22 of 54
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up