ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 15
« First < 3910111213 1415 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Wentz traded to the Colts
staylor26 10:48 AM 02-18-2021

Philadelphia has agreed to trade Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a first, league sources tell @mortreport and me.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 18, 2021

The conditional second-rounder in 2022 becomes a first-rounder if Wentz plays 75 percent of the snaps or 70 percent and the team makes the playoffs. https://t.co/quAYwcz7bd

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) February 18, 2021

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:07 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You're assuming that the back wasn't an issue and that his problems were all mental.

What I've seen is a guy that's been tentative and doesn't trust his body a lot of times. True, that may be mental but in the end, the injuries are still the cause of the problem. We'll see if he can work it out.

I've learned long ago not to trust in guys with injury histories like his. They don't often work out.
But the weird thing is he's not tentative in ways you'd expect from someone who is hurt. He wasn't preserving his body. The opposite. The dude was running head on into defenders way more than he should have. He holds on to the ball too long because he isn't trusting his reads.

I think he could stand a year of running a baker mayfield like offense where you dont ask him to do too much. Slow the game down a bit. A lot of the mental stuff might be a confidence issue.
[Reply]
mkp785 04:48 PM 02-19-2021
He's had a back injury and other injuries since then.
...and Phillip Rivers couldn't throw the ball 40 yards. Yet he still had a respectable season. If Wentz stays healthy-which that oline will help do. He is great candidate to turn it around.
[Reply]
mkp785 04:50 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
But the weird thing is he's not tentative in ways you'd expect from someone who is hurt. He wasn't preserving his body. The opposite. The dude was running head on into defenders way more than he should have. He holds on to the ball too long because he isn't trusting his reads.

I think he could stand a year of running a baker mayfield like offense where you dont ask him to do too much. Slow the game down a bit. A lot of the mental stuff might be a confidence issue.
....like relying on a monster running game and defense. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Colts jump on Ertz if he makes it to FA either.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:00 PM 02-19-2021
Eagles allowed the 2nd most pressures of any team per PFF. Now he’s going to a team that was top 5 in fewest pressures allowed.

Big change
[Reply]
staylor26 05:26 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Eagles allowed the 2nd most pressures of any team per PFF. Now he’s going to a team that was top 5 in fewest pressures allowed.

Big change
That will certainly help, but I’m not really feeling the weapons in Indy outside of Pittman.

They also lost their LT to retirement.

That offense needs to run through Taylor and the running game.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:33 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That will certainly help, but I’m not really feeling the weapons in Indy outside of Pittman.

All the more reason to swing that 1st for Brown at this point. Put that fucking giant next to Nelson and you're opening a hole the size of a Freightliner on that left side.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:52 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Teams can get Darnold for a 2nd round pick right now. That’s the guy that’s an interesting reclamation project.
yeah, but Wentz has actually played well in the NFL.

Darnold hasn't.

Will either from here forward?

No idea.
[Reply]
Sorter 08:21 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
If you're not in a position to draft an elite QB, then your next best option is a reclamation project.

This was kind of a no-brainer. If you're Reich, and you're convinced Wentz is healthy, this is your best bet.

^^^This.

Wouldn't surprise me to see the Colts look similar to Kubiak systems this year while they figure out what they have in Wentz (e.g. lot of outside zone with boot action, guard pull concepts making up 20-23% of their runs).

They (Colts) may just say fuck it and run 70% plus out of the gun (and rely on RPOs/ZR) but I don't think that's likely given Taylor's performance this year from under center. I'm going off memory and will look at numbers this weekend to see how far off I am.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:40 PM 02-19-2021

Even after that trade Ballard still has $43 million of cap space to sign a WR.

They can easily draft one of the first round OT’s to go with Quienten Nelson, Ryan Kelly, Mark Glowinski and Braden Smith. Goddamn that line is good.

Speaking of...they got Carson Wentz for a hell of a steal financially. They’ve got him for 4 years and his highest cap hit is $26 million. Damn

IF he hits, they’ll be one of our top 2 biggest challenges in the conference
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 08:41 PM 02-19-2021

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:32 PM 02-19-2021
Amazing that Chiefs fans of all people are sucking off dealing for an injury prone, failed retread.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:00 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by FAX:
I fail to identify the lie.

FAX THE SEE WHAT YOU'RE GETTING AT
Fixed it for ya
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:00 AM 02-20-2021

They tried last year and their running game just wasn't that great.

They have a great pass blocking unit but the run blocking wasn't anywhere near good enough. At one point they were averaging less than 4ypc as a team.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:34 AM 02-20-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Even after that trade Ballard still has $43 million of cap space to sign a WR.

They can easily draft one of the first round OT’s to go with Quienten Nelson, Ryan Kelly, Mark Glowinski and Braden Smith. Goddamn that line is good.

Speaking of...they got Carson Wentz for a hell of a steal financially. They’ve got him for 4 years and his highest cap hit is $26 million. Damn

IF he hits, they’ll be one of our top 2 biggest challenges in the conference
Wait until they sign Hammy Watkins this offseason...
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 09:02 AM 02-20-2021
They tried last year and their running game just wasn't that great.

They have a great pass blocking unit but the run blocking wasn't anywhere near good enough. At one point they were averaging less than 4ypc as a team.
To be fair, they lost Marlon Mack in the first game of the year and it took the rookie Taylor awhile to get going. I believe they had a top 10 rushing offense the last 8 weeks of the season.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 15
« First < 3910111213 1415 >
Up