ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3785 of 3903
« First < 2785328536853735377537813782378337843785 3786378737883789379538353885 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:01 PM 11-12-2021
Monday Ill get my booster jab. So glad we have these vaccines
[Reply]
TLO 08:12 PM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
In the medical instruction manual, euphoria is right next to euthanasia. It sounds like you got lucky.
Obviously has nothing to do with the vaccine. A hard week of productive work. Just happy to be relaxing.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:18 PM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Nope.

On a separate but related note, although not a ton, I have seen kids die of COVID. I've seen a larger number that needed a vent, and many, many kids that were hospitalized for either acute treatment, or MIS-C as a result of post-COVID effects. I've seen NICU kids delivered over three months early because of COVID + moms. I haven't personally seen any kids that required treatment as a result of vaccine side effects. Get your kids vaccinated. If you're worried about them feeling under the weather for a few days, try to schedule the shot on a Friday.
Thanks. We’re planning on getting the twins vaccinated here as soon as we can schedule an appointment.
[Reply]
Coach 08:54 PM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Nope.

On a separate but related note, although not a ton, I have seen kids die of COVID. I've seen a larger number that needed a vent, and many, many kids that were hospitalized for either acute treatment, or MIS-C as a result of post-COVID effects. I've seen NICU kids delivered over three months early because of COVID + moms. I haven't personally seen any kids that required treatment as a result of vaccine side effects. Get your kids vaccinated. If you're worried about them feeling under the weather for a few days, try to schedule the shot on a Friday.
That’s what I did on my first two shots, I did it on a Friday, so that I won’t have to worry about the weekend if I started to feel any side effects. I only felt a small headache and was slightly more tired on the 2nd shot, but the next day, felt fine.

So yeah, definitely agree with your suggestion on doing it on a Friday.
[Reply]
TLO 09:45 PM 11-12-2021
Few hours in. Some very mild soreness in my arm. Maybe a 2 out of 10. I'm taking some Tylenol before bed in hopes to ward off any pain that may come later.

That's it so far.
[Reply]
PHOG 07:04 AM 11-13-2021
Woke up just fine, just a minor pain in the arm. No worries.
[Reply]
TLO 08:17 AM 11-13-2021
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Woke up just fine, just a minor pain in the arm. No worries.
Minor pain in my arm as well. Slept well last night.

I'm noticing some minor fatigue, but it isn't awful.

Unless it hits me hard later the side effects from the 3rd shot were much more mild then the 2nd
[Reply]
PHOG 08:46 AM 11-13-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Minor pain in my arm as well. Slept well last night.

I'm noticing some minor fatigue, but it isn't awful.

Unless it hits me hard later the side effects from the 3rd shot were much more mild then the 2nd
Well, the wife woke with a small bump at the shot site, with a little soreness and minor fatigue also. Nothing major.
[Reply]
TLO 04:30 PM 11-13-2021
Arm still hurts. Some noticeable tiredness and fatigue. Really not bad at all, but I'm glad I have the day off today and tomorrow to just chill.
[Reply]
TLO 06:30 PM 11-13-2021
I don't like this

Today in the USA, over 132,000 new cases, 7-day average back up to ~80,000
Over 2,100 deaths
Test positivity >5% for the first time in a month
Fasten your seat belts pic.twitter.com/OGinZwyRBA

— Eric Topol (@EricTopol) November 13, 2021

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:39 PM 11-13-2021
I don't like this

We are headed into winter, an uptick should have been expected. Covid is headed towards a flu-like recurrence. We as a medical society are learning more and more every day about treatment and all the other stuff.
[Reply]
TLO 06:44 PM 11-13-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
We are headed into winter, an uptick should have been expected. Covid is headed towards a flu-like recurrence. We as a medical society are learning more and more every day about treatment and all the other stuff.
I'm curious we'll have a quiet flu season again with covid still on the block
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:52 PM 11-13-2021
I'm curious we'll have a quiet flu season again with covid still on the block
I bet not. People are relaxing, kids returning to school, along with all the other similar things. Flu season will return to somewhat normal and we will still have Covid. Hopefully, the testing will be more accurate for both and we will be able to gather proper data for all things, and then we will be able to get closer to viral normalcy next year.
[Reply]
InvinciBill 11:14 PM 11-13-2021
FWIW my 6 and 8 year olds have had no side effects from the pediatric Pfizer 1st dose.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:46 AM 11-14-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I bet not. People are relaxing, kids returning to school, along with all the other similar things. Flu season will return to somewhat normal and we will still have Covid. Hopefully, the testing will be more accurate for both and we will be able to gather proper data for all things, and then we will be able to get closer to viral normalcy next year.
I think people really underestimate the effect of so many kids doing remote school last winter and how that pushed down the spread of the flu. Add to that a lot of people working from home, masking, and social distancing and we had a perfect situation for reduced flu spread.
[Reply]
Page 3785 of 3903
« First < 2785328536853735377537813782378337843785 3786378737883789379538353885 > Last »
Up