ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 324
« First < 253132333435 363738394585135 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
Chiefaholic 06:19 AM 05-27-2023
Extend Jones and you get instant cap relief. win/win
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:27 AM 05-27-2023
If he's looking for an opportunity to re-build his value, I think the Chiefs offer that better than anyone. They need to get a Jones deal done and create some cap space, but if they can I'm on board.

If he's just looking for the biggest payday right now and the longest deal, I don't think it will be KC.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:41 AM 05-27-2023
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
no, instead you bet on james, watson and two ross’ who haven’t done jack shit in the NFL.
No, and you're deliberately choosing the bottom of the roster guys to poorly make a point.

You're betting on the two second rounders and the first rounder you traded for. You're betting on your scouting, and your coaching.

If Hopkins wants to play mostly for his Arizona money and get a ring and increase his value next off-season, come on in.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 06:58 AM 05-27-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
DHop is going to go to some shit hole team and sign a contract like 2/$40-$50 mil or something absurd like that. I don't think KC is even in the running and there WR room is completely filled out and they're ready to roll with what we got. Hell KC didn't even want to pay JJSS $8 mil/yr and he would easily upgrade the position. No way they're gonna give $15+ million for DHop.
If someone is willing to pay DHop that kind of contract they would have also been willing to flip the Cards a 7th rounder in a trade and this entire ordeal would be over.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:03 AM 05-27-2023

There are no official league transactions until Tuesday, so the Cardinals announcement that DeAndre Hopkins has been released is a direct message that it's time for teams that would be interested in making a deal to step up.

— Howard Balzer (@HBalzer721) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:17 AM 05-27-2023
Money shouldn't be an obstacle for us if we make it a short term deal. Again I think people are confusing long term deals that locks you in for the long haul versus one bandaid you can tear right off. If a veteran like dhop wants to take a one year prove it deal it is not going to cripple our cap even a little bit and we can be a little flexible. Two years is tougher but still reasonable. It's 2+ where you run for the hills. And it's perfect for a team like KC that just needs a little extra time to sort out their WR room.
[Reply]
Otter 07:22 AM 05-27-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
My guess is the Ravens.
Gonna piggy back on this response.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:32 AM 05-27-2023
Players over 31 that have had over 1000 yards receiving (not named Travis Kelce) are basically non existent that last few years. Hopkins could end up being an outlier, but Veach can’t overspend on a deal to get him and push us over the top when the data shows it won’t provide the ROI that it might in madden.

I think giving him a similar deal to Beckham would end up being a mistake, but I’d be excited if it happens because of the upside.

The offense could have a year of being close to completely unstoppable.
[Reply]
TLO 07:33 AM 05-27-2023
Originally Posted by carcosa:
If KC Chiefs don't sign Hopkins I will kill myself on live TV!
YES!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Otter 07:39 AM 05-27-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Players over 31 that have had over 1000 yards receiving (not named Travis Kelce) are basically non existent that last few years. Hopkins could end up being an outlier, but Veach can’t overspend on a deal to get him and push us over the top when the data shows it won’t provide the ROI that it might in madden.

I think giving him a similar deal to Beckham would end up being a mistake, but I’d be excited if it happens because of the upside.

The offense could have a year of being close to completely unstoppable.
Does he want a ring or be paid?
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:12 AM 05-27-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
The flim-flam is phlegming
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:22 AM 05-27-2023
Can’t believe it’s 9:20 on a Saturday and he hasn’t even officially been released yet and the Chiefs haven’t announced they’ll be signing him. So sick of Bart sitting on his rich ass counting his GM money while this team flounders in Super Bowl glory. It’s time to fly another banner.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:29 AM 05-27-2023
I want to taste the tears of the rest of the NFL if we add Hopkins.

:-)
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:29 AM 05-27-2023
Goodell will make sure the Cardinals get some special ref treatment. For having hot NFL wet dreaming over the holiday weekend gatherings
[Reply]
Meatloaf 08:37 AM 05-27-2023
I'm not sure I even want this guy. Young guys are hungry guys, and this guy isn't young. How bad does he really want it? Furthermore, according to Nate Taylor, Hopkins does not practice much. The guy probably has something left in the tank, but how motivated to excel is he? Chemistry-wise, I've got concerns. Pass.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 324
« First < 253132333435 363738394585135 > Last »
Up