ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 135 of 324
« First < 3585125131132133134135 136137138139145185235 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:46 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
And watching Vrabel run Henry 350-400 times as well.
That offense is really going to stall once Henry hits the wall...
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:47 PM 06-07-2023
He's chasing money. If he wasn't he wouldn't even visit the Titans.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:49 PM 06-07-2023
Oh my goodness that's awful sounding.
If you combine it with how he eats bananas without peeling them he's basically a war criminal
[Reply]
Mecca 12:50 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
He's chasing money. If he wasn't he wouldn't even visit the Titans.
If you knew there were only 1 or 2 teams you really wanted to play for but 3-4 others were interested, it makes business since to take the visits to try to max your value.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:52 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If you knew there were only 1 or 2 teams you really wanted to play for but 3-4 others were interested, it makes business since to take the visits to try to max your value.
That's where he will need to make a decision on. He's not going to max his value while playing for a current contender.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:53 PM 06-07-2023
That's where he will need to make a decision on. He's not going to max his value while playing for a current contender.
Even if he's willing to take less having a high offer to pitch may get him a few extra bucks. When I say max your value what I mean is if he can get the Titans to offer him 1 year 12 million he might be able to get the Chiefs to be willing to give an extra year or offer him 9 or 10 instead of 6.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:55 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Even if he's willing to take less having a high offer to pitch may get him a few extra bucks. When I say max your value what I mean is if he can get the Titans to offer him 1 year 12 million he might be able to get the Chiefs to be willing to give an extra year or offer him 9 or 10 instead of 6.
That makes sense and I could see that. Now how does an incentive laden contract affect the cap?
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:56 PM 06-07-2023
Never hurts to have a free trip to Nashville
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:57 PM 06-07-2023
Can't see him going to any of those teams outside of Buffalo. Cincinnati is loaded at WR and would not benefit from him. Eagels and 9ers both have two good receivers already. The Bills have Diggs and that's it. I don't think they are all in on Gabe Davis.
Not speculating he would, just saying outside of those teams or the Chiefs, i havent a single fuck to give. He will probably be trade bait at the deadline for the Titans.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:04 PM 06-07-2023
He’s going to go for money just like OBJ.

Veach not budging on his offer is a good thing
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:06 PM 06-07-2023
The fact that hes not on a plane today headed there, while its announced when hes going, makes me think its all to pressure who ever has an offer in to up it a little.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 01:08 PM 06-07-2023
He said Tennessee bbq is far superior to KC bbq, and that was a major factor in his decision. F that guy!
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:14 PM 06-07-2023
Now how does an incentive laden contract affect the cap?
It depends if those incentives are likely to be earned. You have to add them in to this year's 2023 cap if they are likely to be earned. Example: 50 catches or 700 yards for $200,000 would fall under the likely to be earned and would have to be accounted for in the cap. If he does not earn them then the money rolls back into next year's 2024 cap. An incentive like 1,500 yards would probably fall into the 2024 cap if it is earned.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:15 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Fail to score for multiple weeks in a row? You mean like when the Chiefs had troubles on offense in 2021 for like 6 or 7 games and they still put up an 11-5 record and were a freak Mahomes implosion away from going to the Super Bowl again?

How do you think they got out of that rut? Was it because Tyreek Hill started playing better? Or was it because Mahomes and Reid figured their shit out and started beating defenses that had slowed them down?

I'd give SOME credit to your bad argument if you framed it around, "The Chiefs can't keep having the injury luck that they do-- statistically they should have been bit hard by now." But no, it's all, "Lack of #1 WR generating #1 offense in the NFL isn't sustainable!!!!" And that's a bunch of BS.
First off, I've said consistently and repeatedly that we don't need DHop. But that we do need a true veteran high football IQ WR to leaven all the young/inexperienced WRs we have. Once, after a couple Scotches, I said we need DHop, maybe a month ago. That's it.

In the last half dozen posts I've stayed out of the speculation business. I literally posted facts, statistics, measurable data. I also tried to skew the data in favor of the passing offense, by omitting the first 8-9 games, because we rebuilt the entire WR room, and I didn't think it was fair to include all the early games when the WRs struggled the most. They were still learning everything, so i unilaterally gave them a pass for the first half of the season.

The data pretty strongly suggest that the WRs underperformed significantly last season. That's been my point over the last half-dozen posts, period.

The responses I've read have been mostly speculation/conjecture.

Again, I didn't speculate that the Chiefs would lose a ton of games, or that they wouldn't make the playoffs, etc. In fact, I've said 100% of the time that I think the Chiefs will probably make the playoffs, and the AFCCG.

I simply laid out the data, and poked a couple holes in the idea that the title "best scoring offense/most yards/etc." meant that the offense was rolling along perfectly in 2022.

The data clearly doesn't support that. It shows that the WRs underperformed. That Travis performed at an extremely high level to hide some of the WRs inefficiencies. That McKinnon also overperformed and hid some of that inconsistency by the WR room.

The data even shows that in the latter half of the season, the defense played a bigger part in some of the Chiefs victories in 2022 than the WRs did. But this is a thread mostly about offense, so I left that out as well.

You're a pretty smart football guy. Always read your opinions with interest. Let me ask you objectively: of the three weapons groups, RBs, TEs, and WRs, is it satisfactory for the WRs to produce less than 30% of the total offense? Knowing that for every other playoff team over the last twenty years or so the WRs almost universally account for closer to 40% of the total offense? Is it sustainable if Travis isn't playing up to his OPOY standard?

Actually, forget 'sustainable.' Does it look like 'the plan' to have the WRs account for significantly less production (nearly 400 yds/19 fewer TDs) than the TEs/RBs? Does that even sound like an Andy Reid plan?

Here's where I speculate: it looks like Andy saw that the WRs were unable to consistently produce around Week 9, and put a band-aid on it by getting McKinnon/Pacheco more involved. Idk 100% that this is true, but based on the stats/data it certainly appears that way after Mecole went down around Week 9. JM caught just 19 balls through Week 8, and 37 between Weeks 9-17. Pacheco 3/12.

It seems pretty straight forward to me. If it doesn't to you, I'd love to read your statistically-backed, data-driven (non-speculative) retort.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:15 PM 06-07-2023
That'd be nice. He can wallow on a bottom half team and collect his checksm
[Reply]
Page 135 of 324
« First < 3585125131132133134135 136137138139145185235 > Last »
Up