6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
siberian khatru 02:23 PM 08-16-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
Yeah Holland looked gassed. Brentz and Barlow are probably the next ones to watch. Particularly Barlow since we've already put a ton of miles on his arm the last 3 years.
Which is why I was for trading Barlow, as much as I like him. They're gonna burn him out before he can contribute to a competitive team.

Maybe they'll shop him in the offseason. But they're more likely to hold on to him until he's a smoking wreck and has no value.
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:13 PM 08-16-2021
I ignored the Royals all weekend, and my weekend was much better for it.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:36 PM 08-16-2021
Baseball America has us rated #3 now, huh? Well, there goes any chance of Moore leaving anytime soon.

Hopefully he is smart enough to cut bait with Matheny and his staff (yeah, I already know he won't).

Maybe Sherman will step in at some point and overrule? Doubtful, but that's all we have to hold on to at this point.

Sad to see a lot of good young talent go to waste.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:40 PM 08-16-2021
Interesting comments by Matheny. Says scar tissue from prior injury was causing "pain when swings from the left side". So Matheny isn't saying he's injured, just saying that he is in pain. Interesting to me he chose to phrase it that way unless they are frustrated with him.

Sounds like Mondesi asked to go to RH only, but the team wanted him to stick it out. Then he developed the opposite side injury from compensating.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:45 PM 08-16-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Interesting comments by Matheny. Says scar tissue from prior injury was causing "pain when swings from the left side". So Matheny isn't saying he's injured, just saying that he is in pain. Interesting to me he chose to phrase it that way unless they are frustrated with him.

Sounds like Mondesi asked to go to RH only, but the team wanted him to stick it out. Then he developed the opposite side injury from compensating.
This gives a lot of context to Moore's comments from a couple of weeks ago. Basically the Royals believe he can play this out, seeing that it's a scar tissue issue and not from a deeper underlying cause, while Mondesi doesn't believe he can.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:29 PM 08-16-2021
Brady McConnell. I read the prospects rankings today and said “McConnell is a waste. 2M on this guy”

Then I read his story. I got it wrong.
[Reply]
cabletech94 06:32 PM 08-16-2021
Someone has to do something about that “woooooooooohoooooooooo” fan at the games. So flipping’ annoying…..
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:43 PM 08-16-2021
If this is the case that he can't play through this pain, then I don't even know what to do at this point. If it's pain caused by scar tissue, then nothing can be done, can it?

Maybe Mondesi doesn't trust the Royals medical team and thinks he's worse than he is? Doesn't want to mess himself up permanently to play for a bottom feeder with no chance of a post season?
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:04 PM 08-16-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
If this is the case that he can't play through this pain, then I don't even know what to do at this point. If it's pain caused by scar tissue, then nothing can be done, can it?

Maybe Mondesi doesn't trust the Royals medical team and thinks he's worse than he is? Doesn't want to mess himself up permanently to play for a bottom feeder with no chance of a post season?
Could be that.

Or maybe Mondi is just ‘soft’ and doesn’t have that old school mentality. If that be the case, nothing you can really do about that besides either coddle them or move on when their contract is up.

Generally speaking, I side with the players on these issues. The whole ‘they know their body better than anyone, etc.’ But when you consider Mondi’s body of work with the Royals since 2016, you gotta wonder if maybe Mondi just isn’t cut out to be an everyday major leaguer. Some guys aren’t, no matter how talented they may be.

It is what it is.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:05 PM 08-16-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Could be that.

Or maybe Mondi is just ‘soft’ and doesn’t have that old school mentality. If that be the case, nothing you can really do about that besides either coddle them or move on when their contract is up.

Generally speaking, I side with the players on these issues. The whole ‘they know their body better than anyone, etc.’ But when you consider Mondi’s body of work with the Royals since 2016, you gotta wonder if maybe Mondi just isn’t cut out to be an everyday major leaguer. Some guys aren’t, no matter how talented they may be.

It is what it is.
Oblique injury has to suck donkey balls in baseball. No really good way to heal that other than rest and then working out to prevent it.

His shoulder injury is one that just kept coming on in 2018 and 2019, which a shoulder does that. I'll vouch for that I've had shoulder injuries problems since high school. You think it heals, then you fuck it up again. That's a bitch injury unless you just completely go under the knife. Tatis with the Padres is dealing with the same shit.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 08:42 PM 08-16-2021
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
Someone has to do something about that “woooooooooohoooooooooo” fan at the games. So flipping’ annoying…..
I mentioned it the other day,but nobody seems to know who it is,here at least.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:09 PM 08-16-2021
Salvy is the fucking man!
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08-16-2021, 09:10 PM
This message has been deleted by Chiefspants. Reason: Oops
BWillie 09:10 PM 08-16-2021
Im convinced Perez could hit .300 every year if he was okay with hittinh 15 HR.
[Reply]
tk13 09:16 PM 08-16-2021
Shove that one in your trash can.
[Reply]
cabletech94 09:24 PM 08-16-2021
Remember NDA me of a good old fashioned R’s win!!!! Woooooooooooooooooh!!!!
[Reply]
Page 328 of 440
« First < 228278318324325326327328 329330331332338378428 > Last »
Up