ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 93 of 208
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143193 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****2021 NFL DRAFT THREAD - NO SPOILERS*****
Dante84 04:02 PM 04-28-2021
Version 2021 - REVENGE TOUR EDITION

Let's ****ing do this.

Rules for once the draft begins:
  1. No spoiled picks in this thread, all weekend. This means that as tweets are leaking picks a few minutes before the selection is announced live, you don't post it in this thread (ex: embedded tweets), reference it in this thread (ex: Joe Slapdick says it's So and So to Green Bay) or hint at it (ex: "it's a RB!").
  2. Don't be a dick.
Otherwise, have fun, talk shit, freak out and lose your goddamned minds. It's Draft Weekend. The hot takes in these threads are so funny. I'll also be starting player threads for each of our picks as they are made, with videos and notable stats/takes in the OP. Pure knee jerk gold to reference in the future.

Here is our current pick order:Here is a list of the prospects the Chiefs have shown interest in this year.

View the 2020 Draft thread here
View the 2019 Draft thread here
View the 2018 Draft thread here
View the 2017 Draft thread here

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:35 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Never ever do it. Ever.
I’ll never say never but it’s a very rare thing that should happen.

I don’t regret the CEH pick at 32, and I don’t think any of us will next year either. He’s gonna break out in a huge way. And those backs like him who are really just weapons that can be used all over, that’s a little different than your normal RB.

Idk the percentages, but it feels like those late R1 picks fail to meet expectations a lot. Large bust rate. CEH was a safe pick for a team that didn’t have many needs.

Etienne technically might be that but his coach is essentially saying he’s going to be a part time guy which is just ridiculous if you are using 25 on him.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:37 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

I don’t regret the CEH pick at 32, and I don’t think any of us will next year either. He’s gonna break out in a huge way. And those backs like him who are really just weapons that can be used all over, that’s a little different than your normal RB.

Etienne technically might be that but his coach is essentially saying he’s going to be a part time guy which is just ridiculous if you are using 25 on him.
ETN blows.

Jaguars are a horrible franchise.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:38 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
If that happened one would hope he pans out better than the last FA LB we signed from Dallas.
Damien Wilson was fine for the price
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:40 AM 04-30-2021
I have a 4th round grade on ETN.

Doesn't run great routes, mediocre hands, horrible pass pro, questions on vision and gets tackled too easily.

Rather have Damien Williams.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:51 AM 04-30-2021
I know y'all have been mocking the Raiders on Leatherwood, but I'm actually pretty excited about it today. Last night was a total WTF.

Walter football is the best draft site every year. They had him going at 17.

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingr...eatherwood.php

https://walterfootball.com/draft2021_1.php

Guy has all the traits that Cable wants in his OTs. Y'all were so excited about Slater's 9.71 RAS score. Leatherwood is right behind him at 9.68, and has longer arms.

He'll step in immediately at RT and is dominating in the run game, a huge weakness for us last year. Cable will likely be able to fix some of his technique issues in the pass game.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:53 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Urban still thinks he's coaching a college football team
Yep.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:55 AM 04-30-2021
My BIGGEST problem with the Etienne pick is dumbass Urban Meyer said he’s the 3rd down back, and Robinson and Hyde are their 1-2 punch.

25th pick on a ****ing 3rd down back? Are you serious?

I don’t like RB in round 1 much at all, but if you are gonna do it, they need to be a bell cow.
This is the sign of someone with no experience in an NFL war room.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:55 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by tmax63:
And KC has retooled the OL to be able to run on their asses if everyone drops 7.
All those corners aren't going to help them when the goal is to score more points than your opponent.

Even if Denver can hold the Chiefs to a full TD under their average, Denver can't fucking score because they don't have a QB.

It's laughable.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:56 AM 04-30-2021

Idk the percentages, but it feels like those late R1 picks fail to meet expectations a lot. Large bust rate. CEH was a safe pick for a team that didn’t have many needs.

CEH is too small to be a feature back. He's going to get hurt. We need Kareem Hunt 2.0.

Or so I've heard.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:59 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We need Kareem Hunt 2.0.

Or so I've heard.
Javonte Williams is the next Kareem Hunt.
[Reply]
O.city 08:01 AM 04-30-2021

If the Cheifs didn't have needs, they should have taken a position with alot more upside if they hit.

I like CEH. He's gonna be a good solid player. But the value just sucks. Get one in the 3rd or 4th round and cycle thru.
[Reply]
O.city 08:01 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
CEH is too small to be a feature back. He's going to get hurt. We need Kareem Hunt 2.0.

Or so I've heard.
I keep reading it, it's so dumb.

There are no feature backs in the league. Get a couple good RB's and rotate them thru. No one is getting 25 carries per game, Henry notwithstanding.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:03 AM 04-30-2021
If we want a versatile back to compliment CEH, Trey Sermon will be available later and he's got everything you want in a well-rounded back.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:08 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I keep reading it, it's so dumb.

There are no feature backs in the league. Get a couple good RB's and rotate them thru. No one is getting 25 carries per game, Henry notwithstanding.
Could argue that KC can have that feature back though given they aren’t gonna be seeing 20 carries a game probably. Might end up right around that number.

I just really wanna see them use CEH as the receiving mismatch he can be. We got it in small doses last year. He had a sick seam route late against LAC, he routed Patrick Queen up on a corner route in Baltimore, did some great things in space at Miami.

I think the offseason messed a lot of it up. They just didn’t have time to work through some of those concepts.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:15 AM 04-30-2021
Could argue that KC can have that feature back though given they aren’t gonna be seeing 20 carries a game probably. Might end up right around that number.

I just really wanna see them use CEH as the receiving mismatch he can be. We got it in small doses last year. He had a sick seam route late against LAC, he routed Patrick Queen up on a corner route in Baltimore, did some great things in space at Miami.

I think the offseason messed a lot of it up. They just didn’t have time to work through some of those concepts.
That Texans game was one of the more surprising debuts I can remember for a Chiefs rookie. I think we all thought he would have 100+ yards, but he was used like a workhorse RB. He maybe caught 1 pass.

That one really caught me off guard.
[Reply]
Page 93 of 208
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143193 > Last »
Up