ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 412 of 488
« First < 312362402408409410411412 413414415416422462 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:13 AM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by nychief:
Most of these vets are on one or two year deals, though. Those won't hamstring the cap. I agree with drafting youth as a principle - speed - dynamic athletes - but that is putting a lot of pressure on a draft class to produce ASAP.

We'll see, I hope they do amazing things with the flexibility.
And there are still a TON of guys out in FA that Veach can bring in to better this team after the draft.
[Reply]
O.city 10:23 AM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It's about youth, depth and opening up our window for the next 4-5 years.

All these other teams are going all in to catch up to us. What no one is talking about....is that only one team gets to come out of the AFC every year. And this year is about to be a ****ing gauntlet for every team.

But while they're taking on contracts because of rookie QB deals....they're going to eventually **** themselves and have their window closed once they have to pay said QB.
Every year is another year older for our QB. This isn't gonna last forever.
[Reply]
Woogieman 10:35 AM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm willing to take a small step back for an intensive roster rebuild that will take this year and next year. I think the payoff will equal more Super Bowls over his career...hell I don't want to just win a few more SBs, I want to see an all out anal-pillaging like Seattle did to Denver in 2014. I have high standards.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:36 AM 04-15-2022
He's 26. Calm the fuck down.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:38 AM 04-15-2022
Same for Kelce and Jones. They are very close to the end of their primes.

But you can’t go all in every year or you’ll burn out. Smart teams do what we did and have a reload year. Patriots did this fairly frequently. It just looked different bc the AFC East and conference in general was nowhere near as talented then as it is now.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:45 AM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
He's 26. Calm the fuck down.
Exactly JFC.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 11:02 AM 04-15-2022
Paying defensive players a 3rd contract always works out well.
Colts got one good year and one bad year out of Xavier Rhodes and everyone said he was washed.

I hope we get at least one decent year out of Gilmore.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:03 AM 04-15-2022
I'm gonna go full staylor on your ass here. This is a fucking stupid mindset. Makes you sound like a whiney bitch.

By continually going "all in" we're not actually going "all in." Each roster surge of "all in" is progressively less and less potent than the others, while continually kicking the can down the road.

A year or two in which the roster regroups doesn't mean we go 4-12. We're still a playoff team and I'd still argue we're the favorites to win the division. We might even go back to the Super Bowl during one of these "down" years, because we have Patrick fucking Mahomes.

If you're going to go all in, do it the right way. Do it with a mixture of young vibrant talent and key vet signings, and make strategic moves that actually push you over the top instead of just catch up to the moves your competitors make.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:08 AM 04-15-2022
You can't go all in every year eventually you have to pay up. We happened to land a boat loaf of picks and cap space doing so. We wouldn't have that luxury in the future.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:10 AM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I'm gonna go full staylor on your ass here. This is a fucking stupid mindset. Makes you sound like a whiney bitch.

By continually going "all in" we're not actually going "all in." Each roster surge of "all in" is progressively less and less potent than the others, while continually kicking the can down the road.

A year or two in which the roster regroups doesn't mean we go 4-12. We're still a playoff team and I'd still argue we're the favorites to win the division. We might even go back to the Super Bowl during one of these "down" years, because we have Patrick fucking Mahomes.

If you're going to go all in, do it the right way. Do it with a mixture of young vibrant talent and key vet signings, and make strategic moves that actually push you over the top instead of just catch up to the moves your competitors make.
The young talent we’ve added the past two offseason have made a huge impact. We have more and better draft capital than we did in those years as well.

CEH, Gay, Sneed, Bolton, Humphrey, and Bolton have all been big time contributors.

I wouldn’t be shocked if we added 2-3 more immediate impact players in this draft with a few more that take a couple seasons to develop.

Acting like draft picks need 3+ years to provide an impact just isn’t true. Especially, when you have QB set.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:10 AM 04-15-2022
Mahomes is for sure that QB that will play into his mid to late 30s....easy.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:10 AM 04-15-2022
Bukkake on O.City!
[Reply]
staylor26 11:14 AM 04-15-2022
Here’s some perspective, Mahomes is 8 years young than Wilson…
[Reply]
-King- 11:41 AM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

And we could have done that. It's only after people noticed we weren't going to be active in FA and we traded Tyreek that this whole rebuild narrative set in. Before that, we were sure we could compete while still keeping the roster young and future bright.

I mean, we celebrated Mahomes contract structure because it meant we could go all in basically every year. What happened to that?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:45 AM 04-15-2022
Aaaaaand more crying from King Pussy about Tyreek Hill
[Reply]
Page 412 of 488
« First < 312362402408409410411412 413414415416422462 > Last »
Up