Media Center>Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett
Hammock Parties 10:26 AM 11-12-2021
Yeah, it gets it's own thread. Blow me.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:25 PM 02-06-2022

[Reply]
Bowser 08:27 PM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Kathleen Kennedy and her SJW writers ruined Star Wars.

[Reply]
Buehler445 08:30 PM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
2,1,nope,nope
[Reply]
notorious 08:42 PM 02-06-2022
There is video out there with Lucas and Spielberg talking and Kennedy was a glorified secretary.

She would throw dumbass ideas in the conversation which Lucas and Spielberg ignored or talked over.

She is an idiot.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:37 PM 02-06-2022
She’s gone now right?
[Reply]
Frazod 09:51 PM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
She’s gone now right?
I don't think she's gone, but she does seem like they pulled her teeth. I can't imagine she has any say in Mandalorian or Boba Fett. I mean, they don't suck dick, so how could she? It doesn't take a genius to figure out that bitch brought Star Wars to the edge of ruin, and Filoni and Favreau restored it to what it should be.

Too bad somebody can't clone them so the second pair could save Star Trek. Discovery seems to be run by a hoard of little Kennedys. With predictable results.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:05 AM 02-07-2022
I think she's still president of lucasfilm, which means she's over everything on the org chart, but Filoni was promoted early last your to executive bcreative director over the entire studio. So odds are anything we see on tv is his work. She supposedly doesn't have direct control over any of the mandalorian universe stuff, and has purportedly been unhappy with what Favreau and Filoni have been doing for the entire run of shows, but has little ability to change any of it.

These have been the rumors going back to 2019, at least.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:42 AM 02-07-2022
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I think she's still president of lucasfilm, which means she's over everything on the org chart, but Filoni was promoted early last your to executive bcreative director over the entire studio. So odds are anything we see on tv is his work. She supposedly doesn't have direct control over any of the mandalorian universe stuff, and has purportedly been unhappy with what Favreau and Filoni have been doing for the entire run of shows, but has little ability to change any of it.

These have been the rumors going back to 2019, at least.
Was she not responsible for the Gina Carson firing? Favereau got her back so I’m guessing it wasn’t him.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:25 AM 02-07-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Was she not responsible for the Gina Carson firing? Favereau got her back so I’m guessing it wasn’t him.
As much as I love Gina, the person most responsible for her getting whacked was Gina. They gave her every opportunity to back down - far more than most - but she just wasn't having it.

I'm kind of torn about it. On the one hand, I admire and respect the absolutely rare courage she displayed standing up to the Hollywood/media machine. The woman is a fighter, after all. But on the other hand, if she'd just kept her mouth shut/toned shit down a little, she'd still be on the show. And I really wish she was still on the show.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:20 AM 02-07-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
As much as I love Gina, the person most responsible for her getting whacked was Gina. They gave her every opportunity to back down - far more than most - but she just wasn't having it.

I'm kind of torn about it. On the one hand, I admire and respect the absolutely rare courage she displayed standing up to the Hollywood/media machine. The woman is a fighter, after all. But on the other hand, if she'd just kept her mouth shut/toned shit down a little, she'd still be on the show. And I really wish she was still on the show.
I thought she was going to be back.

https://www.deseret.com/platform/amp...n-return-rumor

But then I googled her to find the above article and see she tweeted out a bunch of shit on Disney about taking 2 weeks to fire Whoopi. So that now seems …. Unlikely at best.

https://www.deseret.com/platform/amp...erg-suspension
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:36 PM 02-07-2022
I cant describe how good it made me feel to watch the most recent episode.

All the things that went through my head in the late 80s.....now coming to realization......and damn near like time stopped (and the absurdity of the past 6 episodes of SW never happened).

Ahhh....nice to have some happy in my life.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:17 PM 02-07-2022
I believe she was fired by Disney, not Lucasfilm,, which means someone above Kennedy . But I could be wrong.
[Reply]
Fish 05:28 PM 02-07-2022
Nice touch.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:55 PM 02-07-2022
that’s not why they sucked. Lucas, The Godfather of them all did the 90’s ones himself. I sure enjoyed them , well besides the Jar Jar shit but now looking back, they could have been a lot better.
[Reply]
notorious 09:27 PM 02-07-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
that’s not why they sucked. Lucas, The Godfather of them all did the 90’s ones himself. I sure enjoyed them , well besides the Jar Jar shit but now looking back, they could have been a lot better.
The prequels are better than the sequels, which isn't saying much.

The sequels were just a cluster fuck. How they didn't have an arching story line in place is unbelievable, but when you see who was in charge it makes sense.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 24
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Up