View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 119 of 343
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129169219 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:53 AM 07-16-2022
Maybe I haven’t seen this. What was Veach’s offer in total guaranteed money?
[Reply]
Valiant 09:01 AM 07-16-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Dude

You do understand that the deals get larger as time goes on, right?

And structure of the deal is everything?

I don't know what the team thinks about Brown, but he's clearly a better than average LT.

You're wrong, and this is a bad football take.
He is better than average, but he wasn't elite. The pro bowl nods are a joke with the set up now.

He probably did us a favor. Turning down that amount of money could have gotten us into another frank Clark situation. He is just chasing money at this point. We were not far apart in his max offer and he still said no.
Franchise and trade or let him walk next year..we could also franchise again. While it would suck. Better than paying for six years.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:07 AM 07-16-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think it was just over 70 million in guaranteed money.

For comparisons sake. Tyreek's contract gave him 72 million in guaranteed money.

Either Orlando has giant feelings of entitlement, or has reservations playing in KC long term. Either way, day 1 to start looking for a new long term LT should have started yesterday. There is no way of thinking other than there is a strong possibility that this next year might just be Orlando's last year as a Chief.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:25 AM 07-16-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I kind of thought KC would kick the tires on him at RT prior to the draft...he played his first season there.

Brown's agent knows he has KC over a barrel...they spent draft capital on him and have no suitable replacement. He also knows if Brown doesn't perform up to his asking price and signs his franchise tender...he wont get it in 2023. So it's seizing the opportunity...cant say I blame them. That's an agents job...

Chiefs staff have been around him for a year...so they have a pretty good bead on if they think he'll regress after getting paid.

Hopefully they meet in the middle...LT are going to get more expensive..so what seems expensive now...wont be in 2 years. Conversely, Brown would likely land a 2nd round pick in a trade...so Chiefs could hedge and replace him next year and save 15 million a year.

I think paying him a fair amount...keeping your OL intact and using your draft capital elsewhere is the smart play.
And what on earth makes you think that Brown is going to accept a 'fair amount'?

Good grief.

I guess there is still some debate about the guaranteed portion of the contract but Brown just turned down a sizable contract.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:26 AM 07-16-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Nothing has been mentioned other than the signing bonus.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:38 AM 07-16-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
He is better than average for sure, but he's closer to average than #1. IMO, the contract Veach offered was very fair for what OBJ has shown thus far. It was a far better than average LT contract for a better than average LT. I'm glad Veach didn't cave. I wanted OBJ to play on the tag this season. It gives KC time to plan for whichever way this goes.
I would agree with all of that.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:54 AM 07-16-2022
Originally Posted by Valiant:
He is better than average, but he wasn't elite. The pro bowl nods are a joke with the set up now.

He probably did us a favor. Turning down that amount of money could have gotten us into another frank Clark situation. He is just chasing money at this point. We were not far apart in his max offer and he still said no.
Franchise and trade or let him walk next year..we could also franchise again. While it would suck. Better than paying for six years.
Veach trades Jones. Uses draft capital to move up and get a LT he has had his eye on since middle school.
[Reply]
-King- 10:12 AM 07-16-2022
He is better than average for sure, but he's closer to average than #1. IMO, the contract Veach offered was very fair for what OBJ has shown thus far. It was a far better than average LT contract for a better than average LT. I'm glad Veach didn't cave. I wanted OBJ to play on the tag this season. It gives KC time to plan for whichever way this goes.
It played out exactly how us morons have been saying it should.
[Reply]
-King- 10:12 AM 07-16-2022
It played out exactly how us morons have been saying it should.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:31 AM 07-16-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Veach trades Jones. Uses draft capital to move up and get a LT he has had his eye on since middle school.
Okay, good. Then we have no one remotely capable of rushing the passer.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:34 AM 07-16-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Wrong. How about you find me a list that says he's a top 10 LT. There isn't one and that why Veach didn't cave. He isn't that good.

I’ve done the legwork on where he rates a few different ways. At the end of the day putting stock in lists is stupid, IMO.

Review the starting LTs listed in depth charts. Find the ones you think are clearly better than brown and post it.

Then we can talk about how that list is affected by being injury prone/old.

Or keep referencing arbitrary and potentially nonexistent lists, and keep being told you’re full of shit on this.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:52 AM 07-16-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Okay, good. Then we have no one remotely capable of rushing the passer.
I think there's a good chance we trade Jones after this season. If we moved Jones and Brown we'd have an insane amount of picks the same year the draft is in KC. The full blown rebuild draft would happen the year the draft is in KC.

That's some amazing PR. That'll stick in fan's heads. Tons of drama and good TV. I think it's something that's been discussed.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:53 AM 07-16-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I’ve done the legwork on where he rates a few different ways. At the end of the day putting stock in lists is stupid, IMO.

Review the starting LTs listed in depth charts. Find the ones you think are clearly better than brown and post it.

Then we can talk about how that list is affected by being injury prone/old.

Or keep referencing arbitrary and potentially nonexistent lists, and keep being told you’re full of shit on this.
God dammit, Duncan. Quit quoting this idiot. Hard to ignore his ignorant ass.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:56 AM 07-16-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I think there's a good chance we trade Jones after this season. If we moved Jones and Brown we'd have an insane amount of picks the same year the draft is in KC. The full blown rebuild draft would happen the year the draft is in KC.

That's some amazing PR. That'll stick in fan's heads. Tons of drama and good TV. I think it's something that's been discussed.
They already have I believe 12 picks. If they trade Jones, it has nothing to do with acquiring picks to gain a PR advantage. It’s because they’ve signed another high end pass rusher in free agency and are revamping the DL.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:58 AM 07-16-2022
https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/ins...every-position

I’d love to know how NFL executives think about OBJ. They only list the top 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RunKC 01:47 PM 07-16-2022
Looking at the Chiefs FA’s in 2023 and 2024 you’ve got this list

Orlando Brown Jr
Juju Smith-Schuster
Mecole Hardman
Juan Thornhill
Rashad Fenton
L’Jarius Sneed
Chris Jones
Willie Gay

The only players worth paying big money to here IMO is Brown Jr, Juju if he really takes off this year and shows he’s a WR1 and Chris Jones. However Chris Jones will be 29 when he’s a FA and I don’t think we’re giving him another contract.

Everyone else is replaceable. We will be drafting corners and safeties frequently, LB has been quality when we actually invest in it and yes I know we all love Trey Smith but G is easily replicable. WR’s like Hardman are easily replicable too. Skyy Moore will prove that IMO.

After Brown Jr, Juju might be the only player we give a nice payday to (not too nice but you get what I mean). But even then I wouldn’t automatically pay Juju bc WR is so openly available in this league every year.

Aside from that you’re definitely paying Creed Humphrey early in 2024 as well as Bolton. No way you chance them even sniffing FA or want them on the tag. And Creed will be CHEAP. Jesus the the top pod C is Kelce’s brother and he only gets $14 million AAV.

I don’t mind reworking the contract a little bit and giving in. Give him $32 million on the signing bonus. He’s a valuable player on this team.

But hey if you guys want to just trade him away then prepare for us to not be as competitive during Patrick’s prime. You still need pass rushers since Chris Jones is almost done here and now you need a LT. I’m sure that would be great.

Or you could suck it up and give him a little more of what he wants, cut Thuney in 2024 when we can get a clean cut (G is easily replicable guys) and have Brown Jr be the only OL making any real money for 2-3 years
[Reply]
Page 119 of 343
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129169219 > Last »
Up