« First < 3434950515253 5455565763 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Is CEH a JAG?
lewdog 06:47 AM 09-20-2021
Is Clyde just another guy?

I’m writing a dissertation on this.

Thanks.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:47 AM 12-18-2021
CEH’s longest run this season: 17 yards.

CEH’s longest reception this season: 29 yards.

Zero big play ability.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:49 AM 12-18-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
We are in a CEH is a JAG thread where he's averaging 1 fumble a season, so far, and he apparently has a fumbling issue.

Well that's a separate argument.

To your edit, though, I'd imagine McCoy is top 5 in touches as well, correct?
[Reply]
MTG#10 09:52 AM 12-18-2021
We are in a CEH is a JAG thread where he's averaging 1 fumble a season, so far, and he apparently has a fumbling issue.
Who said CEH has a fumbling issue? The fumbling talk is about Shady Mccoy.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:58 AM 12-18-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Who said CEH has a fumbling issue? The fumbling talk is about Shady Mccoy.
There's more to this conversation than just the last 30 minutes. I know, I know, thats a strange thing to wrap someones head around in a 3 month old thread and the multple game day threads.
[Reply]
MTG#10 10:05 AM 12-18-2021
There's more to this conversation than just the last 30 minutes. I know, I know, thats a strange thing to wrap someones head around in a 3 month old thread and the multple game day threads.
I haven't read anyone claim he has a fumbling problem, but if someone did say that they're almost as dumb as Megatron96. He has 2 fumbles in his career so far. He is a JAG, but he doesn't have a fumbling problem.
[Reply]
-King- 10:05 AM 12-18-2021
What post specifically? I just searched "fumbling" "fumbles" "fumble" and none of the posts insinuated anything about CEH having a fumbling issues.
[Reply]
-King- 10:11 AM 12-18-2021
Can you define "never having fumbling issues in his career"? Because he had 22 of them before making his way to Kansas City. He's 4th among active/recently active, non-QB, in fumbles.
Didn't see this part. :-) What a weird way to count a stat.

Oh so the guy that had a 12 year career and just retired had more total fumbles than most active guys, most of whom won't even touch the ball 25% the number of times he touched it? You don't sayyyyy!
[Reply]
Coogs 10:17 AM 12-18-2021
FWIW, CEH had a fumble vs the Ravens and the Chargers in the back-to-back losses early in the season. Not the sole reason for those losses, but sure didn't help either. Especially the one vs the Ravens.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:20 AM 12-18-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Didn't see this part. :-) What a weird way to count a stat.

Oh so the guy that had a 12 year career and just retired had more total fumbles than most active guys, most of whom won't even touch the ball 25% the number of times he touched it? You don't sayyyyy!
What's weird about it? Go by touches if you want. He put the ball on the ground every 119th touch. Now thats not quite Adrian Peterson level bad who did it every 72 touches, but it sure as shit isn't someone that has never had a problem with fumbling in his career, someone like Kareem Hunt who does it every 237th touch.

And I have had the conversation with someone about CEH being the 3rd back or cut, can't rememeber which, because of his fumbling issues on this forum. It might not have been this thread but there are plenty of people on this site that think CEH has an issue with fumbling.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 10:31 AM 12-18-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
CEH’s longest run this season: 17 yards.

CEH’s longest reception this season: 29 yards.

Zero big play ability.
Not having a single run over 20 yards when you’re not a power back is absolutely embarrassing tbh
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:32 AM 12-18-2021
What's weird about it? Go by touches if you want. He put the ball on the ground every 119th touch. Now thats not quite Adrian Peterson level bad who did it every 72 touches, but it sure as shit isn't someone that has never had a problem with fumbling in his career, someone like Kareem Hunt who does it every 237th touch.

And I have had the conversation with someone about CEH being the 3rd back or cut, can't rememeber which, because of his fumbling issues on this forum. It might not have been this thread but there are plenty of people on this site that think CEH has an issue with fumbling.

There's a big difference between someone with fumbling issues, like AP, and someone who basically never fumbles, like Kareem. I'm not going to check the numbers, but McCoy's ball security has been decent. He was never known to have a fumbling issue.

Clyde's issue is that he's fumbled twice and they both resulted in losses. His fumble in the Ravens game was the nail in the coffin.

Jamaal Charles probably had 30-40 fumbles in his career. I can hardly remember any of them specifically, but everyone remembers the one that lost us the game against Denver week 2 of 2015.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:41 AM 12-18-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
There's a big difference between someone with fumbling issues, like AP, and someone who basically never fumbles, like Kareem. I'm not going to check the numbers, but McCoy's ball security has been decent. He was never known to have a fumbling issue.

Clyde's issue is that he's fumbled twice and they both resulted in losses. His fumble in the Ravens game was the nail in the coffin.

Jamaal Charles probably had 30-40 fumbles in his career. I can hardly remember any of them specifically, but everyone remembers the one that lost us the game against Denver week 2 of 2015.
Charles was awful with ball security. He put the ball on the ground every 59th touch. You tend to forget most of them because 2 plays later he might have broke one off in the defenses ass for a 60 yard TD and that's what you end up remembering.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:42 AM 12-18-2021
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
Not having a single run over 20 yards when you’re not a power back is absolutely embarrassing tbh
Charcandrik West had more big play ability.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:57 AM 12-18-2021
Charles was awful with ball security. He put the ball on the ground every 59th touch. You tend to forget most of them because 2 plays later he might have broke one off in the defenses ass for a 60 yard TD and that's what you end up remembering.

I agree. That's the argument I'm making. Clyde sucks. He absolutely cannot ever fumble because he just doesn't do anything well enough to cover for it.

Meanwhile Charles probably fumble 6-7 times per year and I didn't care so much because I knew in those 59 touches between putting the ball on the ground, he'd do something special.

Clyde just doesn't have that long of a leash.

But more to you McCoy argument, it's just a bad one. The numbers don't show it and the eye test didn't either.
[Reply]
FringeNC 11:04 AM 12-18-2021
We had 4 first downs running the ball the entire game. At least 1 was a Mahomes scramble, and one was on 4th down. CEH did not have a good game, but the Chargers dominated our vaunted offensive line until Mahomes went old school and started running around back there (plus they were tiring). Our run game was so bad that a running play just threw away a down. There was nothing.
[Reply]
Page 53 of 80
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763 > Last »
Up