Page 606 of 934
« First < 106506556596602603604605606 607608609610616656706 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 05:08 PM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
A friend of mine is considering buying a house. He's got enough money to pay cash for it, but he's considering getting a loan because he thinks he can earn more money investing the cash than he'll pay in interest on the loan.

I completely understand his logic, and with interest rates so low it seems like this is an environment where that's quite possible. But I still don't like it. I hate paying interest to anybody, and the investment returns aren't guaranteed while the mortgage costs are.

This guy's pretty savvy so I suspect he'll do fine. And he's affluent enough that it won't really change his lifestyle even if the investing tanks. But psychologically I wouldn't do it. I'd rather get a lower return at lower risk.

The one thing that I might think about, though, would be something that's really low risk like an annuity. If I could put $X in an annuity at a 3.5 percent return and then get a mortgage for that same amount at 2.7 percent, then I guess I'd do it. But I'd still feel weird about it. I really like being debt free.
I'm with you. When we bought our last car I was going to pay cash. I didn't want a car loan. I ended up financing at 1.9% and took the cash I would have paid in a CD the length of the loan at 2.3%. I wasn't going to take that cash and invest it in anything with risk so there was no other opportunity cost.
[Reply]
MTG#10 06:45 PM 04-13-2021
Today ended up pretty good, I like these bear traps. Don't see them very often
[Reply]
TinyEvel 07:13 PM 04-13-2021
I bent and bought in to Nano Dimensionals today for the long haul. I just feel like chip tech is so huge and not gonna slow down. If this 3D printed robotics takes off this could go large over time. Down 50% since Jan so Looking to get back into a growth stock. I'm saving the rest of my cash for when the supposed Oatly IPO comes up.
[Reply]
MTG#10 07:22 PM 04-13-2021
^^^ I've had NNDM in my watchlist for a couple months now but for whatever reason haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

EDIT: It appears Cathy Wood bought almost 700k shares today
[Reply]
MTG#10 08:16 PM 04-13-2021
Anyone buying any COIN tomorrow? Sounds like it's going to open around $250/share but most think it'll be more than double by the end of the year. I've never bought a stock on the release day, is there a certain time they usually open for trading?
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:41 PM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Anyone buying any COIN tomorrow? Sounds like it's going to open around $250/share but most think it'll be more than double by the end of the year. I've never bought a stock on the release day, is there a certain time they usually open for trading?
Might want to wait on crypto stuff. I listened to an interesting podcast about it and the IPO from the money talks podcast.

The greenies are likely to come after crypto. The carbon footprint of the mining of Bitcoin is hilariously huge. Hilariously. And it’s getting some attention.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:48 PM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
:-) I wish I could. I have money pending to buy, but I bet it wont be available until COIN is out of reach.

My COIN account is going crazy today. I got Free Bitcoin to sign up and then another $39 worth to watch a few videos.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:51 PM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Might want to wait on crypto stuff. I listened to an interesting podcast about it and the IPO from the money talks podcast.

The greenies are likely to come after crypto. The carbon footprint of the mining of Bitcoin is hilariously huge. Hilariously. And it’s getting some attention.
The crazy liberals can't stop crypto- even if they are stupid enough to try. Billions will be made every day this year.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:02 PM 04-13-2021
NNDM seems like a really weird story. Basically, it's a $4 million revenue company that has suddenly raised $1.5 billion and plans to use that to buy other companies. So are you really investing in 3D printing, or are they going to go out and buy a coal mine or something? Whatever they buy will be far bigger than the core business.

$4 million in revenue is tiny. That's probably 30 to 35 employees. Good luck to those who invest in it, but I think I'll let others roll that dice.

https://investorplace.com/2021/04/nn...big-questions/
[Reply]
banyon 10:08 PM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
The crazy liberals can't stop crypto- even if they are stupid enough to try. Billions will be made every day this year.
I would say the bigger threat is the fed and their talk of a “digital dollar”.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:17 PM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
I would say the bigger threat is the fed and their talk of a “digital dollar”.
They have crypto tied to the US Dollar already. Does not look like it is doing well. The dollar is dropping in value nearly every day.

Coin is decentralized and can't be controlled by a single entity. The Fed can go fuck themselves, they can try to disrupt it with a lot of empty talk, but can't stop it.
[Reply]
neech 10:24 PM 04-13-2021
NNDM seems like a really weird story. Basically, it's a $4 million revenue company that has suddenly raised $1.5 billion and plans to use that to buy other companies. So are you really investing in 3D printing, or are they going to go out and buy a coal mine or something? Whatever they buy will be far bigger than the core business.

$4 million in revenue is tiny. That's probably 30 to 35 employees. Good luck to those who invest in it, but I think I'll let others roll that dice.
I can't get on that train as well. I looked into 3D product that I think will have a future in home building by a company called SQ4D. This is a private company but I think once they get the first few homes built they will go public. Another called ICON is building 50 homes in Mexico.
Another called
3Strands is building homes in Austin, here is the link right below. Interesting stuff. Look for 3D homebuilding to be in the Dow one day, Its the future.

https://www.east17thstreetresidences.com/

[Reply]
Buehler445 10:40 PM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I don’t have a dog in this fight. Like everything else it’s a pretty complicated structure. But I’m not sure I buy it.

The list of things that have happened in the last 5 years that I would have said prior were inconceivable, and similarly the things I thought would be stone cold locks that didn’t happen is long. In fact the amount of stuff that happened that I was right on (including the sun coming up in the east) is probably shorter.

Nonetheless I’m out.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:49 PM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by neech:
I can't get on that train as well. I looked into 3D product that I think will have a future in home building by a company called SQ4D. This is a private company but I think once they get the first few homes built they will go public. Another called ICON is building 50 homes in Mexico.
Another called
3Strands is building homes in Austin, here is the link right below. Interesting stuff. Look for 3D homebuilding to be in the Dow one day, Its the future.

I'm a big fan of 3D printing. I think the potential is amazing, both for large scale stuff and individual stuff. I'd like to own a 3D printer for personal projects.
[Reply]
neech 11:03 PM 04-13-2021
I'm a big fan of 3D printing. I think the potential is amazing, both for large scale stuff and individual stuff. I'd like to own a 3D printer for personal projects.
For home building one of these companies should go public I'm thinking it will be ICON. Right now it is in the beginning stage getting the kinks out.
And yes the potential is there absolutely.
[Reply]
Page 606 of 934
« First < 106506556596602603604605606 607608609610616656706 > Last »
Up