ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Media Center>Spielberg/Hanks 'Masters of the Air' sequel is 'Band of Brothers' With Planes
BigRedChief 05:33 PM 10-10-2023
Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg produce Apple's upcoming follow-up to the epic WWII series, with Austin Butler and Barry Keoghan leading an up-and-coming cast

Based on Donald L. Miller’s book of the same name, and scripted by John Orloff, Masters of the Air follows the men of the 100th Bomb Group (the “Bloody Hundredth”) as they conduct perilous bombing raids over Nazi Germany and grapple with the frigid conditions, lack of oxygen, and sheer terror of combat conducted at 25,000 feet in the air.

Portraying the psychological and emotional price paid by these young men as they helped destroy the horror of Hitler’s Third Reich, is at the heart of Masters of the Air. Some were shot down and captured; some were wounded or killed. And some were lucky enough to make it home. Regardless of individual fate, a toll was exacted on them all.

Ranging in location from the bucolic fields and villages of southeast England, to the harsh deprivations of a German Prisoner of War Camp, and depicting a unique and crucial time in world history, Masters of the Air is enormous in both scale and scope, and a genuine cinematic achievement.

[Reply]
Kman34 06:28 PM 10-10-2023
Awesome.. I am extremely interested in the air war in WWII.. I love the American planes but I don’t know why I gravitate to the German aircraft.. The ME 109 and the FW 190 were the top of the line till America produced the P51..
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:38 PM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Awesome.. I am extremely interested in the air war in WWII.. I love the American planes but I don’t know why I gravitate to the German aircraft.. The ME 109 and the FW 190 were the top of the line till America produced the P51..
Band of Brothers level is a really high bar to take on. But, they got the right people involved and the budget to do it right.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:40 PM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Band of Brothers level is a really high bar to take on. But, they got the right people involved and the budget to do it right.
If they hit Band of Brothers performance it will be awesome.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 06:40 PM 10-10-2023
If you haven’t already, if you ever get a chance visit the Mighty 8th Air Force Museum outside Savannah, GA: https://www.mightyeighth.org/
[Reply]
raybec 4 06:58 PM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I thought The Pacific was excellent but still fell short of BOB.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:02 AM 10-11-2023
ahhhhh shit...

gonna have to see this.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:26 AM 10-11-2023
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
If you haven’t already, if you ever get a chance visit the Mighty 8th Air Force Museum outside Savannah, GA: https://www.mightyeighth.org/
My dad flew in the 390th Bomb Group in the 8th. I need to make the trek down there one day soon.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:35 AM 10-11-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
If they hit Band of Brothers performance it will be awesome.
I cant remember a better mini-series than BOB. Its at the top.

I watched a video recently about Bastogne. You can still go there and see the foxholes that easy company dug in those woods.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:38 AM 10-11-2023
{Fanboy Squeeeeeee!!!!!!!}
[Reply]
Donger 09:46 AM 10-11-2023
I'm in.
[Reply]
Donger 09:47 AM 10-11-2023
"The Germans always make good stuff."
[Reply]
Bowser 09:52 AM 10-11-2023
Originally Posted by Donger:
"The Germans always make good stuff."

[Reply]
Donger 09:57 AM 10-11-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Lol

[Reply]
ModSocks 01:58 PM 10-11-2023
I like planes.