« First < 8485455565758 5960616268 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Is CEH a JAG?
lewdog 06:47 AM 09-20-2021
Is Clyde just another guy?

I’m writing a dissertation on this.

Thanks.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:25 PM 12-23-2021
I’m all for a constant carousel at running back. You could make an argument to draft one in the mid-late rounds every year. Guys at that position wear down so damn fast, that you can’t plan on any of them being there the next year.

Stay young and flip them for more picks once it’s time to pay them. Never fall in love with a running back.

You know how many running backs had over 4,000 rushing yards with the Patriots during their dynasty run (2000-2020)? Zero.

The most was Kevin Faulk with 3,600. Followed by Corey Dillon (3,200), LeGarrette Blount (2,900), Stevan Ridley (2,800), and Antowain Smith (2,800).
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:26 PM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
What would this offense do with fucking Taylor?

You'd be sitting here pissing and moaning about him not getting used enough. Whereas Frank Reich is currently getting questions left and right about whether or not Taylor can handle the workload.

You're comparing apples to oranges.
This is where you know I'm correct, your cussing and losing your cool
[Reply]
O.city 12:29 PM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Nope. We should do what working. We have many games this year that running was more effective but we just don't take advantage.
Throwing the ball with a HOF QB to a HOF TE and a HOF WR will always work and should always be the preference.
[Reply]
mabbott 12:31 PM 12-23-2021
Complaining about drafting a RB is absurd... comparing him to running back greats is dumb as well. The 2017 draft class was loaded and we got Kareem hunt in the 3rd round!

Andy Reid is not going to become a smash mouth running coach... ffs He wants pass catching running backs and prefers running back by committee. It is what he does.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:39 PM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by mabbott:
Complaining about drafting a RB is absurd... comparing him to running back greats is dumb as well. The 2017 draft class was loaded and we got Kareem hunt in the 3rd round!

Andy Reid is not going to become a smash mouth running coach... ffs He wants pass catching running backs and prefers running back by committee. It is what he does.
Just looked at the game logs in Hunts 2 years with us.

In 2017 he had two games with 29 attempts. Against Houston and Miami. In 2018 his highest attempts in a game was against Jacksonville with 22 carries that year. So this seems to prove that Chiefs will obviously pass more with PMII at QB.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:42 PM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Just looked at the game logs in Hunts 2 years with us.

In 2017 he had two games with 29 attempts. Against Houston and Miami. In 2018 his highest attempts in a game was against Jacksonville with 22 carries that year. So this seems to prove that Chiefs will obviously pass more with PMII at QB.
Hunt had more games with LESS than 10 carries than he did games with 20 or more, IIRC.

This should be obvious to people by now.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:43 PM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
This is where you know I'm correct, your cussing and losing your cool
I'm cussing because the whole argument is fucking stupid.

It's barely worth discussing, let alone fighting about.

And I'm plenty cool. I'm not animated at all.

You're arguing about something that doesn't matter at all and I'm pretty, pretty confident in that.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:05 PM 12-23-2021
I’ll bet if we do draft a RB next year it’s going to be in the smaller speedback variety over the big bulky workhorse back.

And all of the RUNTEHBALL weirdos are going to be pissed
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:13 PM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I’ll bet if we do draft a RB next year it’s going to be in the smaller speedback variety over the big bulky workhorse back.

And all of the RUNTEHBALL weirdos are going to be pissed
Yep.

Reid compared CEH to Darren Sproles. Think about that for a minute outside of Sproles' talent.

What was his role his ENTIRE career?

This team is never going to run the ball the way these people want. It's not going to happen.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 03:18 PM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep.

Reid compared CEH to Darren Sproles. Think about that for a minute outside of Sproles' talent.

What was his role his ENTIRE career?

This team is never going to run the ball the way these people want. It's not going to happen.
Of course not. That doesn’t mean we can’t improve the talent at running back though. We could use a speedier back that is a threat to bust open a long run/catch. The lack of speed/ explosive play ability is the biggest disappointment about CEH, especially for an offense that has been built on speed/big-play ability.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:22 PM 12-23-2021
Any good prospect this year? I’m specifically thinking of third round running backs
[Reply]
mabbott 03:23 PM 12-23-2021
CEH is averaging just above 10 attempts per game and has a 4.5 ypc average. That is really good considering he isn't allowed to get in any type of rhythm to run.

CEH has been targeted 22 (yes, read that again for effect) times averaging just over 3 targets per game... this is for a RB that was drafted to be a pass catching RB.

Please don't blame the player when they are not given the opportunities to perform and don't talk about wanting a power rusher when the team only runs the ball if they have to or wants to kill time!
[Reply]
mabbott 03:23 PM 12-23-2021
CEH is averaging just above 10 attempts per game and has a 4.5 ypc average. That is really good considering he isn't allowed to get in any type of rhythm to run.

CEH has been targeted 22 (yes, read that again for effect) times averaging just over 3 targets per game... this is for a RB that was drafted to be a pass catching RB.

Please don't blame the player when they are not given the opportunities to perform and don't talk about wanting a power rusher when the team only runs the ball if they have to or wants to kill time!
[Reply]
Direckshun 03:26 PM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Yet, again he was not needed in the win during the win streak because Darrel held his own filling the spot.

CEH has no impact on the game like the pick of the litter 1st round RB should
I remember seeing a chart somewhere on this board that measured “expected yards” vs “yards gained,” which is kind of a sketchy stat anyway.

But Clyde was right on the line of yards expected. And while it’s someone else’s research that I haven’t verified, that sure seems to pass my eye test. It sure seems like Clyde will give you pretty much exactly what the OL gives him on a snap-to-snap basis. (Darrel was deep below the line; not good.)

Clyde and Darrel are okay runners but neither of them can break a tackle to save their lives — which is what made his TD run last week so surprising. Clyde usually just can’t break arm tackles, which makes him close to useless, especially since the Chiefs don’t trust him to block and avoid him like the plague in the passing game.

Not all of it is his fault. One problem I think I’m seeing more as I watch more tape is that our run game is underwhelming due to structural reasons. We like splitting Kelce out and Brown at LT is never going to work well in space. So we’re largely going to stay between the tackles.

But I was watching Pollard for Dallas kill teams in off tackle runs and Javonte Williams break a million tackles. This offense has room for a guy who has that skillsets.

We just currently do not have that guy.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:30 PM 12-23-2021
I don't believe we've seen the best of Clyde yet. His second TD against LV was a thing of beauty. We need more of that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:32 PM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Of course not. That doesn’t mean we can’t improve the talent at running back though. We could use a speedier back that is a threat to bust open a long run/catch. The lack of speed/ explosive play ability is the biggest disappointment about CEH, especially for an offense that has been built on speed/big-play ability.
You have get opportunities to make those plays.

Taylor's biggest run in terms of impact, probably of the year, was the TD last week, which happened on 2nd and 8.

Do you how many times the Chiefs even run the ball on 2nd and 7 or more?

Look at it this way.

CEH has 70 carries on first down to Taylor's 147. About 1:2 in terms of ratio.

On 2nd down, that ratio drops to 1:3. CEH has 30 carries on 2nd down all year. Taylor has 94.

And on 3rd down? CEH has 2 carries. Two. Taylor has 25.
[Reply]
Page 58 of 80
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268 > Last »
Up