ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3902 of 3903
« First < 2902340238023852389238983899390039013902 3903 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:04 AM 09-02-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Covid is still a thing?
It is never going away completely.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:12 AM 09-02-2023
Originally Posted by dolphinsneu:
Idaho is making it a crime to administer an mRNA vaccine.

I don’t get this. It should only be illegal to mandate the vaccine

you know sometimes I'm relieved that I'm out of fucks to give about idiotic decisions
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:59 AM 09-02-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
you know sometimes I'm relieved that I'm out of fucks to give about idiotic decisions
It did not pass. Most vaccines are mRNA based and have been for a while now.
[Reply]
LTL 01:04 PM 09-02-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I know there are several others that work at hospitals and such on here.
How are your covid numbers? Is your facility getting scared? Are you all preparing for another sustained surge?
The hospital where I work is having my department prepare as we have seen a steady increase in Covid numbers. Our numbers have gone from 5 or less for a while to where we are staying over 15 to 20; this last week, we have been over 30 daily.
We have redeployed a dozen HEPA air scrubbers. We have also had to go back to all the negative pressure settings in all covid areas.
Im in a smaller outlying hospital in south central KS. 125 maybe 150 bed. At our heighth we had 35 Covid pts.

Last month we had 4 or 5 when we hadnt seen any in months prior. Right now we have 1. About this time last year is when RSV started showing up. Its been awhile since we had a COVID vent. Maybe a year or more.

Will be interesting to see what the winter brings.
[Reply]
notorious 01:05 PM 09-02-2023
I cringed when I saw this thread bumped and double checked I wasn't in DC.
[Reply]
Eureka 06:37 PM 09-02-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
I cringed when I saw this thread bumped and double checked I wasn't in DC.

[Reply]
Rain Man 06:40 PM 09-02-2023
Thanks for the insights, hospital guys. It's good to hear what's going on. Are your patients mostly vulnerable people, or are they healthy people?

I've had all of the boosters up through last year, but given what I keep hearing about it getting weaker with each iteration, I'm not inclined to do other boosters unless I hear some compelling reason to do so.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 06:56 PM 09-02-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Thanks for the insights, hospital guys. It's good to hear what's going on. Are your patients mostly vulnerable people, or are they healthy people?

I've had all of the boosters up through last year, but given what I keep hearing about it getting weaker with each iteration, I'm not inclined to do other boosters unless I hear some compelling reason to do so.
This is where I'm at too.
[Reply]
007 07:23 PM 09-02-2023
Who bumped this shit
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:42 PM 09-02-2023
Originally Posted by 007:
Who bumped this shit
Someone with relevant info.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:34 AM 09-03-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:

Ours is varied. House Charge said that most are in school age, or college age with a few in their mid-life ages.
None of them are very bad to where they are even needing oxygen.
Her description made me think that some of them wanted some extra days off from whichever level of school they were in. We had 10 discharged yesterday and 5 new today. So we have 27 Covid positives today.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:34 AM 09-03-2023
Ive got a summer cold and its kicking my ass. So there
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:36 AM 09-03-2023
Originally Posted by 007:
Who bumped this shit
I fucking did, so that I could check with other planetiers that work at hospitals to see if they were seeing and hearing the same things as my facility.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:48 AM 09-03-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I ****ing did, so that I could check with other planetiers that work at hospitals to see if they were seeing and hearing the same things as my facility.
Small hospital here in e never really had a big number of Covid patients but I noticed last few staff were off because of Covid and we were having a hard time staffing departments , it’s going to suck
[Reply]
jdubya 12:19 PM 09-09-2023
My son has it now. First two days stuffy head with scratchy throat and fatigue. Last two days on the mend.

Guy I had coffee with 2 days ago just texted me saying he woke up yesterday with severe head ache and a 102.5 temp. Says his wife and daughter are also sick and all tested positive.
[Reply]
Page 3902 of 3903
« First < 2902340238023852389238983899390039013902 3903 >
Up