ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Media Center>Tool
Donger 05:49 PM 06-01-2021
Yes, my favorite band. And a dedicated thread.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:48 PM 06-06-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I can't stand Tool and it's really not them or their music.

I had a friend that went through a "tool" phase where that's literally all he listened to for months. I got so sick of it that I can't listen to them even now, 20 years later.
I worked with a guy that loved Chevelle but hated Tool. I didn't get that at all. Very similar with Tool being more long form experimental (in a way like the Floyd.) I really like theme albums, long experimental shit, and the whole art associated with the music.

I think of Tool as "precision anger." Or surgical anger. It's not raw guitar and vocals - it's focused and prolonged. Great for cutting the lawn or lifting weights.
[Reply]
vailpass 05:03 PM 06-06-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
:-)

My son grew up riding my old deck. Sims Screamer. I looked it up on eBay. Some of those old boards go for $1,000 now.
Mine was older than that. Green Kryptonics wheels, Gull Wing trucks, German bearings. I want to say it was an Alva board but that probably couldn’t be right since he was still riding.
[Reply]
Mennonite 11:45 AM 06-07-2021
The first titty bar I ever went to had a dancer with a killer body and a face like a Waffle House waitress. She danced to Stinkfist.

This is still my favorite Tool song:

[Reply]
SuperChief 10:09 AM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I worked with a guy that loved Chevelle but hated Tool. I didn't get that at all. Very similar with Tool being more long form experimental (in a way like the Floyd.) I really like theme albums, long experimental shit, and the whole art associated with the music.

I think of Tool as "precision anger." Or surgical anger. It's not raw guitar and vocals - it's focused and prolonged. Great for cutting the lawn or lifting weights.
I might be preaching to the proverbial choir here, but there are a few bands I love who do the theme album justice - The Books and Native Construct. They kick ass.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:12 PM 12-13-2021
Carey hits more than drums in KC!

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/to...RDT_Rm1gdOdvJE
[Reply]
hometeam 08:22 PM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Carey hits more than drums in KC!

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/to...RDT_Rm1gdOdvJE
Nice!

For 60 years old hes a pretty fuckin stout dude.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:56 AM 12-14-2021
Saw a Donger thread entitled "Tool" and couldn't resist the urge to say "yes, yes he is".

:-)

In all seriousness, I can't stand Tool. :-)
[Reply]
MTG#10 06:36 PM 12-18-2021
The title of this thread could be "The Greatest Band of all Time" and it would mean the exact same thing.
[Reply]
Donger 12:45 PM 03-06-2022
Love this:

[Reply]
Third Eye 01:34 PM 03-06-2022
9 days until the KC show!
[Reply]
SuperChief 09:57 AM 03-07-2022
Originally Posted by Donger:
Love this:

Really well done. The creativity on display with these guys is incredible.
[Reply]
MTG#10 07:06 PM 03-07-2022
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
9 days until the KC show!
Missed out on tickets, I have to settle on the St Louis show a week from this Fri instead.

Really hope they cut Culling Voices out and add 7empest back before then. Love CV but I can't die without seeing 7empest live.
[Reply]
Third Eye 08:23 PM 03-07-2022
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Missed out on tickets, I have to settle on the St Louis show a week from this Fri instead.

Really hope they cut Culling Voices out and add 7empest back before then. Love CV but I can't die without seeing 7empest live.
7empest would be great, but they’ll have to cut a couple songs to make it fit. Guess if they cut CV and CC Trip, I’d be good with that. Drum solos are boring as hell. Even DC drum solos. Ideally they’d drop The Pot as well. The Pot and CV are probably their only 2 non-segue songs that I just don’t care for.
[Reply]
Stewie 08:29 PM 03-14-2022
Some great seats available from sellers that can't go. I wasn't planning on going, but if I can get a great seat that'll change.
[Reply]
eDave 11:47 PM 03-15-2022
Friend of mine streamed a lot of this show on FB. Looks like it was great.

Radiohead is far superior though.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up