ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>Who is the Best Cover Band you have heard or seen?
ROYC75 01:40 PM 05-28-2021
IMHO, I would have to say The Classic Rock Show does about as well as any I have ever heard. IMHO. they are as diverse as any I have heard so this is my take. If you have never heard of them, look them up, there isn't anything they can't do. They have a video list available to watch and listen to that even if you weren't watching them in person it will leave you fully entertained.

So what's yours? Who would you recommend? Please list some that we all can share each others experiences.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:29 PM 05-28-2021
I think The Main Squeeze has been brought up here before, but these are the best musicians in a cover band I've witnessed recently.

The guitar solo deserves to be known up there with the legends of melodic soloists, like Prince and Knopfler and Clapton.

And an underappreciated aspect of good melodic soloing is that the rest of the band stays right with him on every twist and turn, turning improv into an organic cohesive whole.

[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:50 AM 05-29-2021
I've seen these guys - put on a good show:

[Reply]
vailpass 10:38 AM 05-29-2021
Dred Zeppelin could bring it.
[Reply]
lcarus 01:51 PM 05-29-2021

[Reply]
EPodolak 02:34 PM 05-29-2021
She covers a lot of great music. I like her versions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBLeEJzZfqE&list
[Reply]
srvy 02:40 PM 05-29-2021
Leonid and Friends for anything Chicago or Earth Wind and Fire.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:55 PM 05-29-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Leonid and Friends for anything Chicago
Excellent choice, they nail it down. It's uncanny and quite joyful.

Also, not on the subject of the thread. But your inclusion of the Terry Kath clip reminded me, NNF spent the afternoon with James Pankow.

Some great reminisces about how Terry and Jimi were a couple of kids with guitars who admired the heck out of each other.

[Reply]
ROYC75 04:32 PM 05-30-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Leonid and Friends for anything Chicago or Earth Wind and Fire.

That was an excellent Earth Wind & Fire track.

Here is a few selected songs from some concert show of The Classic Rock Show. IMHO. It starts off less that good but gets much better. There is a sweet SRV blues tribute in there. If you like a variety of songs by other artists, they do a good job.

https://youtu.be/EMER73lEPJo

Somebody may have to embed this since I'm on my phone.
[Reply]
ROYC75 05:31 PM 05-30-2021
The instrumentals are good on Bat Out Of Hell.

[Reply]
srvy 11:50 PM 05-30-2021
Lexington Lab Band does so many covers you pretty much do a search of a song with LLB and it pops up.

[Reply]
cosmo20002 12:49 AM 05-31-2021
I don't think a regular "cover band" has ever been so great that they made a lasting impression on me, but I saw tribute band KC/DC at Knuckleheads a couple weeks ago and I thought they were pretty damn good. They did a Bon Scott set with one singer and a Brian Johnson set with a different singer. I thought they really nailed the voices.

"Bon Scott" was also "Paul Stanley" in Almost Kiss, who played before KC/DC. They were pretty good.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 05:53 AM 05-31-2021
Mini-KISS. All midget kiss tribute.

Manchester Mariachi. Mariachi group that does Smiths covers.
[Reply]
Cheater5 06:25 AM 05-31-2021
Heard a lot of covers, but have only seen one cover or tribute band in person— Super Diamond.

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:35 AM 05-31-2021
Every year Hairball comes to the Ralston Arena here, just south of Omaha. I hear good things, but I've not seen them yet. It seems they cover a ton of different shit, all Arena rock, Poison, Alice Cooper, Twisted Sister, probably more.

http://www.hairballonline.com/the-band/

I'm gonna go one of these years. They are there this Friday but I've already got stuff going on, though I'm still gonna try. 25.00 gen admission...totally risk free at that price.
[Reply]
eDave 07:33 AM 05-31-2021
Hairball wins for best cover band name. haha.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up