ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>Who is the Best Cover Band you have heard or seen?
ROYC75 01:40 PM 05-28-2021
IMHO, I would have to say The Classic Rock Show does about as well as any I have ever heard. IMHO. they are as diverse as any I have heard so this is my take. If you have never heard of them, look them up, there isn't anything they can't do. They have a video list available to watch and listen to that even if you weren't watching them in person it will leave you fully entertained.

So what's yours? Who would you recommend? Please list some that we all can share each others experiences.
[Reply]
ROYC75 01:51 PM 05-28-2021
https://youtu.be/wLx3-9JorHk
[Reply]
ROYC75 01:59 PM 05-28-2021
They pull off AC/DC Thunderstruck well, I mean very well.

https://youtu.be/eAYhtB2orSk
[Reply]
eDave 02:02 PM 05-28-2021
Brit Floyd. Hands down. I see them every chance I get. Still have two great seats for their covid cancelled show. They are back at it, touring Europe and then coming to America.

Perhaps Led Zeppelin.

[Reply]
ROYC75 03:03 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Brit Floyd. Hands down. I see them every chance I get. Still have two great seats for their covid cancelled show. They are back at it, touring Europe and then coming to America.

Perhaps Led Zeppelin.

Correct me if I am wrong, what does Brit Floyd play that is excellent besides Pink Floyd's music?

The Classic Rock Band covers a lot of everybody well, as in very well, males, females, rock, blues, etc. That they are so diverse I just can't put any other cover band above them.
[Reply]
eDave 03:08 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
Correct me if I am wrong, what does Brit Floyd play that is excellent besides Pink Floyd's music?
Nothing else. Given the musicianship and production quality, anything they tried would be top notch. It's a big production hardly differentiated from the original. I prefer them way over Australian Floyd.

Here's my video from a couple of years ago.

[Reply]
ROYC75 03:20 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Nothing else. Given the musicianship and production quality, anything they tried would be top notch. It's a big production hardly differentiated from the original. I prefer them way over Australian Floyd.

Here's my video from a couple of years ago.

Oh I like Brit Floyd, they are awesome it's just that I like a variety of artist when it comes to music. As a variety show, it's hands down The Classic Rock Band.

If you are not familiar with them, hit some of their numbers, since 2010 when they formed, they have been touring until the pandemic.
[Reply]
eDave 03:35 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
Oh I like Brit Floyd, they are awesome it's just that I like a variety of artist when it comes to music. As a variety show, it's hands down The Classic Rock Band.

If you are not familiar with them, hit some of their numbers, since 2010 when they formed, they have been touring until the pandemic.
Ah. There are a number of great ones around Phoenix. There's also Dead Floyd, who mixes Grateful Dead and Floyd tunes. They mesh rather well. They are out of Colorado and always swing through here.

No Idea Band out here is really good and friends of mine. Lead guitarist is my luthier. My cousin, Nicki Park, is pretty popular and always gigging and is pretty good, though I think it's missing something.

I saw The Zero's at Knuckleheads last time I was back in KC (a few months ago). They were really good. More 80's stuff though.
[Reply]
MatriculatingHank 04:02 PM 05-28-2021
Greta Van Fleet does a half decent Led Zeppelin tribute I hear...
[Reply]
eDave 04:10 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by MatriculatingHank:
Greta Van Fleet does a half decent Led Zeppelin tribute I hear...
I've never seen them cover a Zep tune. Surely they have earlier but I assume they don't do any at their show. Don't really know though.

Wouldn't make them a cover band cover band anyway?
[Reply]
EPodolak 04:33 PM 05-28-2021
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR4cIe9vS0Y

Pretty clumsy cover here. Wonder if they amounted to much.

Interesting thing, to me at least...the next year the guy on the left would write and record the most covered song in history.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 05:32 PM 05-28-2021
Not a cover band... but a band that does a lot of covers.

The Devil Makes 3

--

--

--

[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:31 PM 05-28-2021
I saw Classic Rock Show in person about 2 years ago perform Dark Side of the Moon and it was perfect. I collect tribute bands videos on youtube, have about 1500 in 3 folders. One of the best is "Get the Led Out", here they are.

This Journey tribute band "Voyage" is terrific, the singer Hugo looks just like Steve Perry. He had a couple of solo albums back in the 90s, I used to sell them online.

This German Tribute band for Depeche Mode "Forced to Mode" is better than the real band, they're like DP in '93.

This Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac Tribute band from LA is excellent, the band is tight and the girl looks hot.

There are so many, Queen, Foreinger, I could put 50 tribute bands if I wanted.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:49 PM 05-28-2021
Marc Martel doing Queen. Sounds just like Freddie. Even looks like Freddie.

Its one of life’s great mysteries why Queen uses Lambert instead of Martel.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:51 PM 05-28-2021
Had a buddy in choir in college and he got me hooked on Straight No Chaser. If you’re into a capella.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up