ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Media Center>MCU: Eternals (2021)
Tribal Warfare 07:12 AM 05-24-2021

[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:02 PM 05-26-2021
Chris Pratt sort of jumped from TV to movie star but he was also in some movies while doing his TV show. Is it just the exposure in both forms that allowed it to work, just finding the right movie roles, or just him?

Also, every time I read about an actor I seem to find myself surprised at all the connections amongst them. For example, Pratt is the son in law to the terminator. Who knew.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:36 PM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Chris Pratt sort of jumped from TV to movie star but he was also in some movies while doing his TV show. Is it just the exposure in both forms that allowed it to work, just finding the right movie roles, or just him?
It's a combination of the above, along with Pratt's decision to shed his baby weight, take serious acting classes and make himself presentable as a possible movie star.

Anna Faris played a HUGE role in his transformation but let's not forget that Pratt was not the star of Parks & Rec.

Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
For example, Pratt is the son in law to the terminator. Who knew.
:-)

Who knew? Anyone and everyone that pays even a tiny bit of attention to Hollywood actors and actresses. I mean, he married into the Kennedy family.

[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:53 PM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Madden has a shot. His brooding looks are natural. I think Kit has to put in the effort. Also, Kit is a tiny little dude. I know that hasn't stopped every tiny dude in Hollywood, but that's got to be a challenge to make a 5'8" dude heroic.
Doesn't seem difficult at all honestly.

They've been doing it with Tom Cruise his whole career. I was shocked to learn that Robert Downey Jr and Daniel Craig are both 5'9"ish as well.

Hell, Dane schooled me to the fact that Arnold Schwarzenegger is likely only around 5'10". That was a real mindfuck.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 04:00 PM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It's a combination of the above, along with Pratt's decision to shed his baby weight, take serious acting classes and make himself presentable as a possible movie star.

Anna Faris played a HUGE role in his transformation but let's not forget that Pratt was not the star of Parks & Rec.

Who knew? Anyone and everyone that pays even a tiny bit of attention to Hollywood actors and actresses. I mean, he married into the Kennedy family.

Good point about him not being the star. Probably prevents him from being typecast in people’s minds. I didn’t watch the show much but from what I gather it also let his personality shine a bit more as opposed to like a Kit Harrington who just had to play a no nonsense all business guy.

Okay so now he’s part of the Kennedy family? Yes, I had to look up how. :-)
[Reply]
mr. tegu 04:03 PM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Doesn't seem difficult at all honestly.

They've been doing it with Tom Cruise his whole career. I was shocked to learn that Robert Downey Jr and Daniel Craig are both 5'9"ish as well.

Hell, Dane schooled me to the fact that Arnold Schwarzenegger is likely only around 5'10". That was a real mindfuck.

The first two you can sort of tell just on their build and I think Cruise specifically was one of the first most talked about examples I heard where people talked about the camera tricks. But Craig I hadn’t noticed. And Schwarzenegger? I had no idea, never crossed my mind, and yeah I’m floored by that one as well.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:08 PM 05-26-2021
When short actors are paired with taller actors, the shorter actors have to wear lifts in their shoes or stand on a platform.

If a shorter actor is paired with a taller female, same rule applies and the shots are usually blocked in such a way that it won't take people out of the scene.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:17 PM 05-26-2021
Ok I really liked this guys "breakdown" since I am an ABSOLUTE NOVICE here

[IMG][/IMG]
[Reply]
Bowser 05:32 PM 05-28-2021

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:51 AM 08-19-2021

[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:28 AM 08-19-2021

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:43 PM 08-22-2021
Final trailer got me interested...first 2 didn't show much.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:57 PM 08-22-2021
I am unknowledgeable on the ETERNALS. Never heard of this and had to actually research to be informed. Saw this trailer breakdown and thought it was educational...

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:16 PM 08-22-2021

[Reply]
Aries Walker 11:39 PM 08-23-2021
I'm going to see it because I see all of them, but it does seem like they're keeping everything super-vague. I'm also concerned that Marvel is moving SO MUCH to the outer-space acid-trip Liquid-Sky-like parts of the Marvel world that people aren't going to see anyone they can identify with in the central roles.

I mean, this was the final trailer and they still haven't even hinted at Black Knight, an actual human who is apparently in this movie.
[Reply]
unlurking 12:53 PM 08-24-2021
Originally Posted by Aries Walker:
I'm going to see it because I see all of them, but it does seem like they're keeping everything super-vague. I'm also concerned that Marvel is moving SO MUCH to the outer-space acid-trip Liquid-Sky-like parts of the Marvel world that people aren't going to see anyone they can identify with in the central roles.

This is something I always enjoyed in the comics (though i haven't read comics as they dropped in 30 years, so things may have changed). As much as a universal story was told across multiple series, they weren't constant. You'd get an arc across each character at different times for maybe 2 or 3 issues. The main story characters could go for a year, but there was always the "normal" stuff for other characters. I really liked the Defenders series on Netflix for this during the MCU Infinity events. As much as I enjoyed WV and Loki, it would be nice to have a few shows that are more or less disconnected. I know many people weren't happy with FtWS, but I enjoyed it for being more of a stand alone arc.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up