ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Media Center>Army of the dead (Netflix)
bdj23 08:15 PM 05-23-2021
It's getting mixed reviews and people are saying it's kinda cliche but I enjoyed the shit out of it. I love Zombie flicks, and I'll always have a special place in my heart for Las Vegas.
[Reply]
Fish 12:07 PM 05-28-2021
What was up with the guy lugging around the 40lb concrete saw the entire movie, and never actually using it? LOL.

And the stupid stubborn daughter directly resulted in the deaths of multiple people. Including her father. Fuck that cunt.
[Reply]
Otter 12:31 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
What was up with the guy lugging around the 40lb concrete saw the entire movie, and never actually using it? LOL.

And the stupid stubborn daughter directly resulted in the deaths of multiple people. Including her father. Fuck that cunt.
She was the 2021 version of Gilligan.

Should have been neutralized after the consequences of her existence became obvious.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:31 PM 05-28-2021
Or the 2 military guys at the beginning who bypassed the running Humvee to take their chances escaping through the desert. Reminded me of that whatever commercial spoofing bad decisions in horror movies when they bypass the running vehicle to hide behind the collection of saws.

Most of this was obviously intentional which would've played better in a 75 to 90 minute flick. It just got too cute and over indulgent.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:58 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
Dawn of the Dead remake was much better but it's still a decent watch.
Yeah, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The Dawn of the Dead remake is my favorite zombie film of all time.

Leader of the group: "Don't leave, please. There are people here who could use your help."

Ving Rhames: "............... Fuck y'all"

:-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:00 PM 05-28-2021
Oh, and Army of the Dead was decent. Turned my brain off, had fun even though I hated everyone except the locksmith, black dude and Bautista.
[Reply]
SAGA45 11:20 AM 05-29-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Zach Snyder’s musical cues taken from ‘Excalibur’. I guess he’s a big fan of that movie. So am I.
YES!! Something I caught is well...love that track! Upon the 2nd viewing I realized the safe/vault itself, when the safecracker was reviewing the blueprint, is named after the actual musical piece "Götterdämmerung" ...

[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:38 PM 05-29-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Other cool things.

Zombie tiger and zombie horse. Especially zombie tiger eating that Martin dude.

Blondie/euro commando girl. Yes please!

Zach Snyder’s musical cues taken from ‘Excalibur’. I guess he’s a big fan of that movie. So am I.
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
YES!! Something I caught is well...love that track!
Excalibur is one of my favorite movies of all time. :-)
[Reply]
notorious 12:01 AM 05-30-2021
My daughter and I made it about half through and stopped for the night.

What the **** is up with the camera work? The shallow depth of view is terrible.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:27 AM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
My daughter and I made it about half through and stopped for the night.

What the **** is up with the camera work? The shallow depth of view is terrible.
The movie also featured a lot of close-up or narrow angle shots, which I guess is indicative of its modest budget, but doesn't make a lot of sense for a zombie movie that features words like "army of the dead" in the title.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:35 AM 06-02-2021
I put it on in the the background and it never caught my attention.

It lost me when that hispanic chick died.

So she blasts her way through the kitchen like a total badass, the rest of the team is headshotting zombies at like 100 kills a minute, she bursts through the window and instead of killing the 3-4 zombies and saving their teammate they all just stand there while she struggles to fight them off.

Then they just watch her die. No one bothers to fire a single shot at all.

And THEN, in her death, she doesn't even mention the dude that totally fucked her over.

That scene told me A LOT. I might give this another go, idk, but i mean damn that was so dumb it was hard to ignore. I pretty much tuned out and ignored the movie after that.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:55 PM 06-02-2021
I mean, the fuckery started within the first 5 minutes.

The two military dudes who initially escaped into the desert were laughing and grabassing around literally seconds after watching their entire squad get murdered by an unknown creature.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:49 PM 06-02-2021

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:17 PM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
That was weird. Probably for budgetary reasons? Although it did have some cool shots with the zombie king and queen.
[Reply]
Fish 10:18 PM 06-02-2021
:-)
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:25 PM 06-03-2021
I think the lesson here is this, dont give/take head while driving. Otherwise you could become the catalyst for a god awful shitty zombie movie like Army of The Dead.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up