ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Media Center>Army of the dead (Netflix)
bdj23 08:15 PM 05-23-2021
It's getting mixed reviews and people are saying it's kinda cliche but I enjoyed the shit out of it. I love Zombie flicks, and I'll always have a special place in my heart for Las Vegas.
[Reply]
unlurking 09:04 PM 05-23-2021
I was looking forward to this, but ended up shutting it off early. Acting was so bad it felt like a SyFy movie of the week. Didn't make it past the intro of the Star Trek Discovery mechanic.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:06 PM 05-23-2021

[Reply]
Rasputin 09:07 PM 05-23-2021
Originally Posted by unlurking:
I was looking forward to this, but ended up shutting it off early. Acting was so bad it felt like a SyFy movie of the week. Didn't make it past the intro of the Star Trek Discovery mechanic.

The trailer sure looks good

That sucks you say that cuz I love zombie movies but I don't like smart zombies I like dumb slow ones.
[Reply]
SAGA45 12:15 AM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
That sucks you say that cuz I love zombie movies but I don't like smart zombies I like dumb slow ones.
Its a blend of fast and slow zombies in the film. There is a batch of em called Alphas ...ones bitten and turned by ...well...the Alpha, the patient zero. These are your parkour guys...and gals.

There's a queen....and she's pregnant. A tiger....a horse. Some impressive zombie boobs in the opening montage as well if that helps you in your decision making process.

On that note I"ve watched it twice. Its a fun flick and its clear Snyder had a blast making it and gave zero ****s what anybody thought.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:59 AM 05-24-2021
Watched this last night and thought it was pretty fun.

I liked how they portrayed the zombies. Fast, bullet dodging, hierarchical, and empire building.

Also, the Vegas setting was a cool choice not only for the visual effects but it allowed them to match a score with classic Vegas tunes and Vegas-based one liners (who's got the hot hand??).

It also has some plus kill scenes throughout.

Also, while her character was super annoying, Hester Argyle (Kate) is cute as a motherfucking bug in a rug.

What I didn't really care for was some of the acting and sub-stories. Like the dad/daughter reconnection and the hard headed beefy stud realizing he got it all wrong with his lady...blah, blah, blah.

All of which made it entirely too long that I started checking out even at peak moments towards the end. Its a 2.5 hour zombie movie. I'm in for an hour and half tops with this kind of movie.

All in all though, its a fun movie with a lot of cool visuals and enough substance to overcome its obvious eye roll moments.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 05:51 AM 05-24-2021
It was okay. The intelligent zombie society was kinda cringey, all of the emotional scenes fell flat. It is at its best with the action, a Snyder hallmark.
[Reply]
Otter 05:51 AM 05-24-2021
6/10

The many insignificant subplots kind of suck the life out of a zombie flick. Tig Notaro was horribly miscast.

Dawn of the Dead remake was much better but it's still a decent watch.

Pop corn flick.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:11 AM 05-24-2021
Agree with others. Too long. Bad acting. But, worth the watch. It has its moments.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:51 AM 05-24-2021
I thought it totally succeeded in being a zombie action movie. Have no major issues with it.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:55 AM 05-24-2021
I don’t know what it is with Netflix....but the vast majority of their original content is very meh.

Getting close to the point of canceling them.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:43 PM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I don’t know what it is with Netflix....but the vast majority of their original content is very meh.

Getting close to the point of canceling them.
HBOMax is the king of streaming services atm.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:16 PM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
HBOMax is the king of streaming services atm.
Content yes. I think Netflix has the best interface. But their content selection is basically ‘lets just throw sh*t against the wall and see what sticks”
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 07:28 PM 05-24-2021
Chambers was fucking badass as all hell. She was the best part of the whole movie.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:42 PM 05-24-2021
I watched this last night. Debated because it was 2 1/2 hours long but dove in anyway. I liked it and got out of it exactly what I expected - another attempt at a "zombie" movie. I enjoyed it but would not recommend it. My opinion, if you want to watch it by all means do so, if your expecting something to talk about at the water cooler, don't waist your time. 3/5 stars.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up