ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>Henry Cavill is the new Highlander
Mephistopheles Janx 01:40 PM 05-21-2021
https://io9.gizmodo.com/is-henry-cav...der-1846943392

:-):-):-):-):-):-)

It's guess better than the original Ryan Reynolds casting. I never realized that one of the worst parts of getting older was rewatching shit I've already seen... but with new actors.
[Reply]
Valiant 05:02 PM 05-22-2021
Him. Hopefully they keep it more like the series.
Maybe each generation immortals are born.

The quickening and dark quickening were fun stories.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:32 PM 05-22-2021
Loved the first one, didnt hate the 2nd one.

I really wish movies would just go the Playstation route, and just upgrade with next-gen graphics, color-correction, etc.

I would go see the original highlander - upgraded - in the theater.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:54 PM 05-22-2021
So who is going be the next Superman? That's hard shoes to fill after Henry Cavill.

I'm actually more interested in when/if we are going get the Flash movie
[Reply]
listopencil 09:29 PM 05-22-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'd never heard that before but it's not unsurprising.

I mean, I don't have any problem with his casting, or really any of the casting in the original. But even back in 1987, I knew it was weird that a Scottish born and raised man would have a French English accent.

:-)
Well, the movie also gave us a character that was born in ancient Egypt, moved around and settled in B.C. Japan, then moved to Spain for quite a while but finally traveled to Scotland...who talks like Sean Connery because he's Sean Connery.
[Reply]
Miles 10:27 PM 05-22-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Well, the movie also gave us a character that was born in ancient Egypt, moved around and settled in B.C. Japan, then moved to Spain for quite a while but finally traveled to Scotland...who talks like Sean Connery because he's Sean Connery.
Scrolling down I was waiting for someone to chime in with that amusing bit.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:05 PM 05-23-2021
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Loved the first one, didnt hate the 2nd one.

I really wish movies would just go the Playstation route, and just upgrade with next-gen graphics, color-correction, etc.

I would go see the original highlander - upgraded - in the theater.
Yeah, but that won't the t ththe younger crowd back in the theaters.

Highlander has a cool concept. I will watch if they remake it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:04 PM 05-23-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I get that but I've also seen how people's accents change in a very short period of time.

My SIL's Kansas accent went full on Texas after less than 5 years of living there and it's never coming back. Same with people that have moved here from other nations. They have a heavy accent at first but when you check in with them 20 years later, they have little to no accent at all. So I guess the bottom line is that I can overlook that aspect of the film.

But what I've never been able to get past is the fact that a man who was born and raised in Scotland and never left his village speaks English with a French accent.

I mean, I can buy into "There can be only one!" and that there are several men across time that have been immortal. But a Scottishman who speaks English with a French accent?

That's just a bridge too far. :-)
[Reply]
listopencil 01:00 AM 05-24-2021
I get that but I've also seen how people's accents change in a very short period of time.

My SIL's Kansas accent went full on Texas after less than 5 years of living there and it's never coming back. Same with people that have moved here from other nations. They have a heavy accent at first but when you check in with them 20 years later, they have little to no accent at all. So I guess the bottom line is that I can overlook that aspect of the film.

But what I've never been able to get past is the fact that a man who was born and raised in Scotland and never left his village speaks English with a French accent.

I mean, I can buy into "There can be only one!" and that there are several men across time that have been immortal. But a Scottishman who speaks English with a French accent?

Heh, I know what you mean and I find it hilarious without ruining the movie for some reason. I've always loved that movie and I guess I embrace the cheese. It's one of a list of movies that I compelled my children to watch.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:02 AM 05-24-2021
Duncan > Connor
[Reply]
Frazod 08:16 AM 05-24-2021

Back in the late 90s I worked at my old's firm's New York office for a couple of weeks. The main people I worked with were a couple of Brooklyn girls who both had hardcore Brooklyn accents (on top of being vulgar as hell, which was hilarious). I found myself starting to drop my "R"s after the first week. It was disturbing. :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 10:13 AM 05-25-2021
So Superman is going to decapitate people with a sword?

I'm in.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 10:20 AM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
So who is going be the next Superman? That's hard shoes to fill after Henry Cavill.

If by Flash you mean Flash Gordon...I'd be completely down with that...

But I loved the original. (or at least the color one from the 80's).
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:42 AM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:

The Flash movie, starring Ezra Miller, is set for November 2022
[Reply]
Rausch 03:24 PM 05-25-2021

If there is ever a contest of battle to the death it's not going to be a man with a french accent leaving with the belt...

(and fuck off ahead of time with your GSP nonsense...)
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 10:14 AM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
So Superman is going to decapitate people with a sword?

I'm in.
Superman is going to be "crowned the new Highlander." But somehow, there can be only one.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up