ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 56
< 1234 56781454 > Last »
Media Center>Indiana Jones 5: First Details
Hammock Parties 12:33 PM 05-21-2021
https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2021/...5gsE-j2lqNlXGk

Originally Posted by :
Plot and character details have still been kept tightly under wraps, until now. The Illuminerdi can exclusively reveal the roles of Mads Mikkelsen and Shaunette Renée Wilson. And on top of that, when the next installment of the Indiana Jones franchise will take place.

According to our sources, Mads Mikkelsen will be playing the villain in this new installment of Indiana Jones. His character is described to us as a Nazi scientist enlisted into NASA by the United States government to work on the space agency’s moon landing initiative.

Shaunette Renee Wilson will be playing Mads Mikkelsen’s villain’s CIA handler responsible for “babysitting” the Nazi scientist turned NASA recruit. There will also be a female villain, “an evil and brutal killer” who will work with Mads Mikkelsen’s character. According to our sources, Scarlett Johansson actually passed on this role previously.

Mads Mikkelsen’s character’s description not only reveals that he will be the villain of Indiana Jones 5, but when the franchise’s next installment will be taking place.

The next Indiana Jones adventure would logically be set during the 1960s space race. NASA’s Apollo 11 landed on the moon in 1969, so it wouldn’t be a shock for the film to be set later in the 1960s, especially since the fourth Indiana Jones film was set in 1957. And in classic Indiana Jones fashion it looks like our hat wearing, whip wielding, archeologist will have another chance to punch some Nazis, with Mikkelsen’s villain being a former scientist for Hitler’s Reich.

[Reply]
Frazod 07:10 PM 05-23-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
That’s awesome.
Yeah, he has/has had in the past some pretty cool shit. That's definitely near the top. He also had one of the whips. Again, no way of knowing if they were used by Ford, the guy from the opening scene, or a stuntman.

I've also had on my head the diving helmet worn by Ed Harris in the Abyss. That one was definitely worn by Harris, since for the scenes it was used his face was shown.

He's got one of Downey's Iron Man helmets, but I was fairly sure my big ol' melon head wouldn't fit in that one, and I didn't want to risk breaking it trying. This stuff is massively valuable.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:12 PM 05-23-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
What it's about? They're fighting over the goddamn sankara stones! It's not a complicated plot.

But the reality is it's about George Lucas' divorce. :-)

I get that people might not like Temple of Doom because it tries to be funnier, and a lot of it was shot on sound stages, but I've never heard anyone say they don't comprehend it.

After escaping Shanghai gangsters, Indy is on his way to Delhi, the plane crashes, some kind villagers take him in and demand he brings back their magic rock in return for helping him, so he overnights at a palace in the middle of nowhere and discovers an ancient thugee cult has stolen the magic rock and enslaved the village's children.

Then he has to go do Indy shit to make the world right again.

That's it. Now you understand the movie. Thanks and enjoy the bridge scene because it's fucking awesome.
It's an 80s adventure movie, dude. I didn't say I couldn't comprehend it. It's just so boring that I can't pay attention for more than 5-10 minutes at a time.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:14 PM 05-23-2021
You said you didn’t understand what was going on. :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:22 PM 05-23-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You said you didn’t understand what was going on. :-)
Show me where I said that
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:27 PM 05-23-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Show me where I said that

Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
but I've always found Temple to be boring. I've watched it a couple times and still have no clue what its about. It confuses me and hurts my brain.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:59 AM 05-24-2021
Did you figure out what it's about yet? I explained it for you in three sentences. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:18 AM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I don't think you're in the minority at all. I loved Raiders and Last Crusade, but IMO Last Crusade is better. Sean Connery was great as the dad, and I loved the opening scene with River Phoenix. When the guy says "You lost today, kid, but that doesn't mean you have to like it" and puts the hat on his head... perhaps the best scene in all of them.
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yeah, as much as I loved the original, The Last Crusade is my favorite for all of those reasons you listed.

If I'm flipping channels and it's on, it's one of those movies I just can't turn off until it's over.
Last Crusade is definitely the best 3rd movie of any franchises. I'm torn too. Loved the orginal but the Last Crusade was so well done, its close to the original and my favorite.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:41 AM 05-25-2021
Crusade all the way, the PEN is mightier than the sword!
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 10:42 AM 05-25-2021
Crusade was awesome because it got back to what Indy does...cool shit in the desert, in pursuit of an ancient (but well known) religious artifact, fight scenes and killing Nazi's. Though they calmed down the killing stuff in that one. Add in Sean Connery and shiiiiit...you have one of the best movies ever...

Temple was a departure, still Indy, but in a completely different context. He was not on the hunt for the Shankira stones, he literally fell into it...Then you had his screwable but annoying leading lady and the deathnell for most all movies...a kid side kick. Even with all that, I still loved Temple. I dunno. It's Indy.

****ing Crystal Skull was NOT Indy. It was a tired old man running around confused half the time. We all went in wanting it to be Indy, and instead we got a bunch of CGI shit and completely over the top fights and scenarios. Best fight in the whole thing was in the diner or whatever on the college campus.

Again, I have no confidence that they will not **** up another one. Hollywood has been screwing with my youth (Star Wars, Jurrasic Park, Ghostbusters, etc) for too long. They need to just knock that shit off.

...and yes, I will go and see this...
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:59 AM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Crusade was awesome because it got back to what Indy does...cool shit in the desert, in pursuit of an ancient (but well known) religious artifact, fight scenes and killing Nazi's. Though they calmed down the killing stuff in that one. Add in Sean Connery and shiiiiit...you have one of the best movies ever...

Temple was a departure, still Indy, but in a completely different context. He was not on the hunt for the Shankira stones, he literally fell into it...Then you had his screwable but annoying leading lady and the deathnell for most all movies...a kid side kick. Even with all that, I still loved Temple. I dunno. It's Indy.

****ing Crystal Skull was NOT Indy. It was a tired old man running around confused half the time. We all went in wanting it to be Indy, and instead we got a bunch of CGI shit and completely over the top fights and scenarios. Best fight in the whole thing was in the diner or whatever on the college campus.

Again, I have no confidence that they will not **** up another one. Hollywood has been screwing with my youth (Star Wars, Jurrasic Park, Ghostbusters, etc) for too long. They need to just knock that shit off.

...and yes, I will go and see this...
They know they have us by the balls.

Most of us will go drop a $20 bill on a Saturday afternoon to go watch Indy no matter how good or bad it is.
[Reply]
007 07:55 PM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, he has/has had in the past some pretty cool shit. That's definitely near the top. He also had one of the whips. Again, no way of knowing if they were used by Ford, the guy from the opening scene, or a stuntman.

I've also had on my head the diving helmet worn by Ed Harris in the Abyss. That one was definitely worn by Harris, since for the scenes it was used his face was shown.

He's got one of Downey's Iron Man helmets, but I was fairly sure my big ol' melon head wouldn't fit in that one, and I didn't want to risk breaking it trying. This stuff is massively valuable.

The diving helmet from the abyss? Godamnit that's awesome.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:17 PM 05-31-2021
Amazing location.

[Reply]
Bowser 01:47 AM 06-01-2021
Two headed serpent? Gimme Thulsa Doom!
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 06:33 AM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Two headed serpent? Gimme Thulsa Doom!
What is best in iife?
[Reply]