ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 56
< 123 45671353 > Last »
Media Center>Indiana Jones 5: First Details
Hammock Parties 12:33 PM 05-21-2021
https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2021/...5gsE-j2lqNlXGk

Originally Posted by :
Plot and character details have still been kept tightly under wraps, until now. The Illuminerdi can exclusively reveal the roles of Mads Mikkelsen and Shaunette Renée Wilson. And on top of that, when the next installment of the Indiana Jones franchise will take place.

According to our sources, Mads Mikkelsen will be playing the villain in this new installment of Indiana Jones. His character is described to us as a Nazi scientist enlisted into NASA by the United States government to work on the space agency’s moon landing initiative.

Shaunette Renee Wilson will be playing Mads Mikkelsen’s villain’s CIA handler responsible for “babysitting” the Nazi scientist turned NASA recruit. There will also be a female villain, “an evil and brutal killer” who will work with Mads Mikkelsen’s character. According to our sources, Scarlett Johansson actually passed on this role previously.

Mads Mikkelsen’s character’s description not only reveals that he will be the villain of Indiana Jones 5, but when the franchise’s next installment will be taking place.

The next Indiana Jones adventure would logically be set during the 1960s space race. NASA’s Apollo 11 landed on the moon in 1969, so it wouldn’t be a shock for the film to be set later in the 1960s, especially since the fourth Indiana Jones film was set in 1957. And in classic Indiana Jones fashion it looks like our hat wearing, whip wielding, archeologist will have another chance to punch some Nazis, with Mikkelsen’s villain being a former scientist for Hitler’s Reich.

[Reply]
Frazod 02:00 PM 05-23-2021
Temple of Doom sucked balls. If Spielberg ever made a shittier movie I haven't seen it. And I've seen 1941.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:15 PM 05-23-2021
Temple of Doom is better than Crystal Skull, c'mon.

Not to mention The Lost World.

:-)
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:23 PM 05-23-2021
Temple is better. But shortround and whatshername make repeated viewings painful.

The jungle monkeys cgi and Indy surviving a nuke by hiding in a fridge that gets blown a 1/4 mile away.....for shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Frazod 02:43 PM 05-23-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Temple of Doom is better than Crystal Skull, c'mon.

Not to mention The Lost World.

:-)
I've never watched Crystal Skull, and never will. To me, it's like Arthur 2 and Alien 3. Doesn't exist in my personal universe.

And while Lost World was no prize, it was still better than Temple of Doom. I remember seeing it in the theater when it first came out. Walked in expecting Raiders; walked out thinking "what the fuck?" That stupid ass opening scene where they escape the plane in a raft, slide down a mountain and land in a river was the big budget version of the opening of Land of the Lost. The only thing missing was the banjo music. :-)

And that annoying little brat and constantly screaming Kate Capshaw were Jar Jar before there was a Jar Jar.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:47 PM 05-23-2021
Ancient Aliens WERE a religion for some cultures, is the way you have to look at it.

It's how they handled that concept that was off. A giant ****ing grey and a flying saucer in your face at the end ain't it.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:54 PM 05-23-2021
Brilliant!

To each his own, I suppose, on Short Round and Willie. I love 'em both.

I suppose it's a lot like Phantom Menace for kids. I couldn't have been older than 11 or 12 when I saw Temple of Doom and instantly loved it.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:01 PM 05-23-2021
Brilliant!

To each his own, I suppose, on Short Round and Willie. I love 'em both.

I suppose it's a lot like Phantom Menace for kids. I couldn't have been older than 11 or 12 when I saw Temple of Doom and instantly loved it.
I saw that when I was in A School in Mississippi (between boot camp and the ship), so I would have been 18 or 19. Perhaps I would have liked it more had I been a bit younger.

It certainly didn't help that the original was so good.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:15 PM 05-23-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I saw that when I was in A School in Mississippi (between boot camp and the ship), so I would have been 18 or 19. Perhaps I would have liked it more had I been a bit younger.

It certainly didn't help that the original was so good.
I saw Temple of Doom in the movie theater when I was 17 years old. I clearly remember looking at my brother mouthing "What the fuck is this shit?".

I thought the movie from garbage from start to finish. Short Round was annoying as fuck and Kate Capshaw wasn't much better.

I might be in the minority but I absolutely loved Last Crusade and still believe it was the perfect ending for Indy and his pals.

Nothing beats riding off into the sunset...
[Reply]
Frazod 03:38 PM 05-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I saw Temple of Doom in the movie theater when I was 17 years old. I clearly remember looking at my brother mouthing "What the fuck is this shit?".

I thought the movie from garbage from start to finish. Short Round was annoying as fuck and Kate Capshaw wasn't much better.

I might be in the minority but I absolutely loved Last Crusade and still believe it was the perfect ending for Indy and his pals.

Nothing beats riding off into the sunset...
I don't think you're in the minority at all. I loved Raiders and Last Crusade, but IMO Last Crusade is better. Sean Connery was great as the dad, and I loved the opening scene with River Phoenix. When the guy says "You lost today, kid, but that doesn't mean you have to like it" and puts the hat on his head... perhaps the best scene in all of them.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:14 PM 05-23-2021
I don't think you're in the minority at all. I loved Raiders and Last Crusade, but IMO Last Crusade is better. Sean Connery was great as the dad, and I loved the opening scene with River Phoenix. When the guy says "You lost today, kid, but that doesn't mean you have to like it" and puts the hat on his head... perhaps the best scene in all of them.
Yeah, as much as I loved the original, The Last Crusade is my favorite for all of those reasons you listed.

If I'm flipping channels and it's on, it's one of those movies I just can't turn off until it's over.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:19 PM 05-23-2021
Connery was only 12 years older than Ford, but they sold that very well.
[Reply]
notorious 05:20 PM 05-23-2021
The lead-in to Indy getting punched in the face on the boat was the perfect opening.

Crusade is pretty close to a perfect movie for me. The first as well.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:55 PM 05-23-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
The lead-in to Indy getting punched in the face on the boat was the perfect opening.

Crusade is pretty close to a perfect movie for me. The first as well.
I've mentioned before that one of my friends deals in movie memorabilia. At one point he had one of several fedoras used in that movie. While there is no way of knowing which hat was used in any particular scene, it's quite possible that I've actually had that hat on my head.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:09 PM 05-23-2021
I've mentioned before that one of my friends deals in movie memorabilia. At one point he had one of several fedoras used in that movie. While there is no way of knowing which hat was used in any particular scene, it's quite possible that I've actually had that hat on my head.
That’s awesome.
[Reply]
notorious 06:15 PM 05-23-2021
Kick ass.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 56
< 123 45671353 > Last »
Up