ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Media Center>I'm going to stab Comcast in the face...
Mecca 10:04 AM 07-06-2020
They are literally the worst fucking ISP...

So Comcast how will you handle what is going on...well you see we will make 3 months of our service not have a data cap..ok even though data caps are complete bullshit, fine. But when we bring them back in July...we're going to take away 1 of your courtesy months without telling you because we think adding 200 gigs to your cap is sufficient...

Also we are going to take that other courtesy month because June is going to count when we calculate data even though we said it wouldn't count...

Is there a worse company out there than this, their customer service motto should be, bend over and take it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:34 PM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
I use a old Netgear C-7000 is a few years old (intro'ed 2015) and has been updated 33 times. Never had an issue.

Any AC to DC power adapter should be swapped out when tests bad or has fluctuating voltage when tested. I have a device to test which I use for phone chargers that cost about $20
The older Netgears are much better than some of the new ones. Their combo routers (like the C7000) are also more stable than the R-series units. My old WNDR lasted 5 years before I needed to upgrade to get more speed. It still works to this day some 10 years later. My R7800 got sent back after 2 months of firmware issues and crashing.

I have a tester too. It's one of the most common failures anymore. Wall warts just aren't built to last.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:32 PM 08-07-2020
Welp, my internet is fixed, swapped out my modem with a different model, he said the one I had which is the newest is crap and has all kinds of issues.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:44 PM 08-07-2020
Fucking cable company........
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Welp, my internet is fixed, swapped out my modem with a different model, he said the one I had which is the newest is crap and has all kinds of issues.

[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:54 PM 08-07-2020
What gateway did they install?

look for model number on back or bottom or a pic?

[Reply]
vailpass 12:30 PM 08-08-2020
Hopefully you are using your own equipment and not renting whatever they give you from the cable provider.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:18 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Hopefully you are using your own equipment and not renting whatever they give you from the cable provider.
I gave up on using my own when A they will blame every issue on it no matter what it is and B you can rent a modem and have unlimited no data cap net for 25 bucks and with your own modem it's 50 to be uncapped. I said fuck it, paying extra to use my own isn't worth it cause I have to be uncapped.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:39 PM 08-08-2020

Originally Posted by vailpass:

[Reply]
vailpass 05:53 PM 08-08-2020
I gave up on using my own when A they will blame every issue on it no matter what it is and B you can rent a modem and have unlimited no data cap net for 25 bucks and with your own modem it's 50 to be uncapped. I said **** it, paying extra to use my own isn't worth it cause I have to be uncapped.
$25/month penalty for owning your equipment? WTF? Well, glad to hear you got it working the way you want.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:25 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I bought mine in 2018.
My kid told me to get an ampifi so we did. Its a 4" cube and came with wifi extenders (I think they were called HD meshpoint something or other). It does its own updates. He gets over 100mbps down and 30 plus on up. I guess its the "thing" to get for gaming. His room is a pretty far away from the cube but the extenders seem to work pretty well. He plugged it into the Ethernet port on the hardwired xfinity router. With the extenders I can use my laptop on the patio in the back yard. I think I paid around $400.00 for the amplifi set up.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 08:32 PM 08-08-2020
Ouch

That hurt from here...
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
My kid told me to get an ampifi so we did. Its a 4" cube and came with wifi extenders (I think they were called HD meshpoint something or other). It does its own updates. He gets over 100mbps down and 30 plus on up. I guess its the "thing" to get for gaming. His room is a pretty far away from the cube but the extenders seem to work pretty well. He plugged it into the Ethernet port on the hardwired xfinity router. With the extenders I can use my laptop on the patio in the back yard. I think I paid around $400.00 for the amplifi set up.

[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 09:04 PM 08-08-2020
Ouch

That hurt from here...
I had no choice. Our Xfinity router signal would go out more than it worked. They replaced it a half dozen times to no avail and then blamed it on our location ( RF off of the High Def towers up on lookout mountain- 8 miles away- as a crow flies). I need it when I am working from home and I leaned on my 17 year old son to help fix the problem.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:31 PM 08-08-2020
But your neighbor doesn't have the same problem?

What did your gateway look like? what service plan are you on?

I had no choice. Our Xfinity router signal would go out more than it worked. They replaced it a half dozen times to no avail and then blamed it on our location ( RF off of the High Def towers up on lookout mountain- 8 miles away- as a crow flies). I need it when I am working from home and I leaned on my 17 year old son to help fix the problem.

[Reply]
htismaqe 01:09 PM 08-09-2020
Mesh networking is all about coverage. In many cases, the radios in the pucks are inferior in range to standalone router with external antennas but because you can add access points into the mesh wherever you need them, you improve performance because you’re closer to the signal. Strong signal is always better than extreme range. I have an ASUS AX router and since our house is a ranch, it covers everything I need. When/if I move I will be going with a mesh setup. It’s just superior.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:12 AM 08-10-2020

https://www.approvedmodems.com/xfinity-xfi-xb6.html

It's this one.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:39 PM 08-10-2020
https://www.approvedmodems.com/xfinity-xfi-xb6.html

It's this one.
That is what I have.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up