ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Media Center>HBO Max
RunKC 09:21 AM 10-31-2019
Anyone see this yesterday? I’m excited for their lineup.

HBO vault
DC comics
Warner Bros vault
Adult Swim
Studio Ghibli-complete anime vault
Looney Tunes/Cartoon Network/Hanna Barbera vault
New HBO originals

They also paid half a billion for South Park :-)

Netflix is gonna have to work harder to keep up
[Reply]
Valiant 12:36 AM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Legendary not too happy about putting Dune and kong vs Godzilla on there. Might threaten legal action.

I’m hearing that Legendary Entertainment either has or will send legal letters to Warner Bros as soon as today, challenging the decision to put the Denis Villenueve-directed Dune into the HBO Max deal, and maybe Godzilla vs Kong as well. On the latter, Legendary reportedly had Netflix ready to pull the film from Warner Bros for around $250 million, before WarnerMedia blocked it. Sources said Legendary had no advance notice before last week’s announcement that both Dune and Godzilla vs. Kong were part of the HBO Max plan.

Legendary certainly seems to have the right to challenge WarnerMedia on its decision: Legendary and its partners provided 75% of the $165 million or so net budget of Dune, the adaptation of the Frank Herbert novel that was envisioned to be the first of multiple films exploiting the six-novel series. It put up a similar amount of the funding on the Godzilla vs. King film. Will the long-term viability of the franchises be tarnished by starting out as an HBO Max offering? It’s the same question the industry is asking about Wonder Woman. Legendary wouldn’t comment. I’m told there are three other films that have a right to believe movies they majority financed are being served up to provide a steroid shot to HBO Max’s paid subscriber base by undoing deals that were made for theatrical release and the traditional revenue waterfall.

https://deadline.com/2020/12/warnerm...ng-1234651283/
Can't blame them. Seems they spent most of the money and if they were going streaming, Netflix would pay more. Netflix currently is way ahead of everyone else with original content. I am dropping Disney plus as soon as mandolorian ends because it has Jack shit outside of that. Only worth it because it was free, and Hamilton.

Netflix was smart and lucky for their transitioning. One of the movie studios would be smart to partner with them.

Personally I dont watch them but Netflix needs to get some sports original content. Actual stockcar racing, wrestling, mma but like the NFL.

Real stockcars raced by non professionals, no nascar teams. Have brackets. Small, sedans, sports, exotic, trucks, open including drag. 100miles tops. New show each week.

Buy one of the smaller wrestling outfits and give them more production.

Mma, start with 12 cities. Teams from each one. Male and female. Weight divisions. Have it like a hs wrestling match.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:54 AM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Can't blame them. Seems they spent most of the money and if they were going streaming, Netflix would pay more. Netflix currently is way ahead of everyone else with original content. I am dropping Disney plus as soon as mandolorian ends because it has Jack shit outside of that. Only worth it because it was free, and Hamilton.

Netflix was smart and lucky for their transitioning. One of the movie studios would be smart to partner with them.

Personally I dont watch them but Netflix needs to get some sports original content. Actual stockcar racing, wrestling, mma but like the NFL.

Real stockcars raced by non professionals, no nascar teams. Have brackets. Small, sedans, sports, exotic, trucks, open including drag. 100miles tops. New show each week.

Mma, start with 12 cities. Teams from each one. Male and female. Weight divisions. Have it like a hs wrestling match.

Agreed. And I’ll bet sports comes next for them. There are rumors they want to bid for the NFL.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 08:26 AM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by :
HBO Max has grown to 12.6 million activated subscribers, up from 8.6 million at the end of the third quarter in 2020.
They also quoted total hours of engagement up 36% over the past 30 days. AT&T maybe a bumbling bag of dicks at planning & execution but HBO still has content that consumers seem to want.. for now.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:15 AM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
They also quoted total hours of engagement up 36% over the past 30 days. AT&T maybe a bumbling bag of dicks at planning & execution but HBO still has content that consumers seem to want.. for now.
The reason why activations are up is because HBO finally made an agreement with Amazon Fire, which represented more than 40% of their subscriber base.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:20 AM 12-10-2020
Netflix has a massive debt load along with a brand new 13 story building and a new 23 story building and campus that are sitting empty.

They’ve been undergoing internal reorganization and they’ve come under fire lately for trying to poach executives at the other major studios, so they’re not exactly in good standing around town.

Studios aren’t going to “partner” with Netflix when they have their own streamers and distribution outlets.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:25 AM 12-10-2020
Agreed. And I’ll bet sports comes next for them. There are rumors they want to bid for the NFL.
Sports? No, I don’t think so. That’s completely against brand.

They might bid on Sunday Ticket, which only requires a streaming distribution network and not production but again, it’s counter-intuitive to their model.

And considering they’ve raise their monthly packages, Sunday Ticket would most certainly come with a a premium subscription, which would be a big gamble for them that most likely, wouldn’t pan out.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:30 AM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Netflix has a massive debt load along with a brand new 13 story building and a new 23 story building and campus that are sitting empty.

They’ve been undergoing internal reorganization and they’ve come under fire lately for trying to poach executives at the other major studios, so they’re not exactly in good standing around town.

Studios aren’t going to “partner” with Netflix when they have their own streamers and distribution outlets.
Yea. I’ve heard about their debt load before. Do you see them
Implodeing at some point?

Their entire strategy seems to be “throw everything against the wall and see what sticks”.

A lot of their programming is cheap garbage, but they do have a lot of worthwhile stuff too.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:30 AM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by Valiant:

There is absolutely no way this happens.

Netflix has zero experience with live sports productions and to do so would come with a massive startup cost and very little in the way of new subs, especially as they continue to raise their monthly.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:17 AM 12-10-2020
Yea. I’ve heard about their debt load before. Do you see them imploding at some point?
Imploding? No. But they've raised their prices again for a reason and it's not because they're offering something new to their service.

Their entire strategy seems to be “throw everything against the wall and see what sticks”.
That was their early strategy for sure. But in the past few years, they've been doing business with the biggest names in the entertainment business, from Martin Scorsese to Michael Bay, from Alfonso Cuarón to the Russo Brothers and so on.

Of course they'll continue to have "cheesy" content because Content is King. That's why you'll see shitty Bruce Willis and Mel Gibson movies; Netflix needs content of all kinds to fill time. Same with Amazon (which has far more cheesy offerings than Netflix IME), Hulu and so on.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:58 PM 12-10-2020

Interesting strategy when you consider the seismic shift to remote work during COVID that is not all going away when it's over.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:02 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Interesting strategy when you consider the seismic shift to remote work during COVID that is not all going away when it's over.
Construction on the 13 story building on Sunset & Bronson began in 2017 and was completed in mid-2019.

The construction on the 23 story tower began in late 2018 and it's called The Academy on Vine.

The build has a giant "A" and it looks like the Avengers building in shape.

I couldn't find any recent pictures so I'll try to take a pic in the next few weeks but here's a picture mid-construction:

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:06 PM 12-10-2020
This is a good one:

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:13 PM 12-10-2020
HBO Max and now Disney have decided to release feature films simultaneously to their services and movie theaters.

#RayaAndTheLastDragon will premiere on Disney Plus at the same time it hits theaters. The film will be available to rent on Premier Access, which comes with a hefty nearly $30 rental fee https://t.co/cJ0xyls8o5 pic.twitter.com/PkwOSSHvCo

— Variety (@Variety) December 10, 2020

[Reply]
vailpass 04:18 PM 12-10-2020
This is a good one:

That's cool. Fitting.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:30 PM 12-10-2020
Disney just announced a 10 year partnership with the SEC, which begins in the 2024 season.

They're paying $300 million per year for broadcast rights with some games appearing on ABC while the majority will be on ESPN.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Up