« First < 81415161718 19 >
Media Center>Joker - Warner Bros. movie
Sure-Oz 08:45 AM 04-03-2019
New teaser....I'm intrigued

https://youtu.be/t433PEQGErc
[Reply]
Stryker 11:47 AM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Definitely a character piece and not an action comic movie. I loved it, but I love slower paced movies like this that let actors (good ones) go full tilt.
Yep that is exactly what this movie was.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:21 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
How can they take this any further unless they bring in a superhero to counter him?
By copying Fight Club.
[Reply]
eDave 01:33 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
How can they take this any further unless they bring in a superhero to counter him?
Batman, perhaps. And there are lots to choose from. The Joker in Gotham was well done and he didn't really have a nemesis other than other criminals. Granted, I didn't make it through most of the series before boring out.

There's a whole lot to explore there, IMO.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:40 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Never saw the J. Phoenix one, but him being good at being a creep wouldn't surprise me.
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I thought this was horrible. I don't get why so many loved it.
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm with you. One of the more overrated movies I've ever seen.
I thought Phoenix’s performance was one of the best ever.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:20 AM 05-29-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Batman, perhaps. And there are lots to choose from. The Joker in Gotham was well done and he didn't really have a nemesis other than other criminals. Granted, I didn't make it through most of the series before boring out.

There's a whole lot to explore there, IMO.
Just do a Fight Club but the alter ego wins.
[Reply]
Rausch 12:29 PM 05-31-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I thought Phoenix’s performance was one of the best ever.
Same here. In fact it was perfectly timed. It was a film about what was going on in real life but didn't spoon feed you what to think. It spoke directly to the political polarization happening right now.

Don't like orange man and his policies? Boy, that pappy Wayne remind you of anyone?

Don't like angry and mindless mobs running through the streets setting the world on fire because they're fed up and don't get what they want? Boy, that remind you of anything?

The point of the first one isn't that some bad guy overlord is making things bad. The point is that when hard times happen and people don't have good role models or don't have something to believe in THEY become villains...
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:55 AM 06-14-2022

Lady Gaga is in talks to join Joaquin Phoenix in the 'Joker' sequel, which is now reportedly a musical. https://t.co/gGGl2QEgzX

— Collider (@Collider) June 14, 2022

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:57 AM 06-14-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
It fits, she's always looked a bit like the Joker.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:03 AM 06-14-2022
The Joker as a musical? Seems like a weird choice.

GaGa was really good in the Bradly Cooper movie. Way above my expectations. So maybe they can pull it off. Most musicals these days fail so they must have some good songs ready to go?
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:27 PM 06-14-2022
WTF? FUCK YOU!

A MUSICAL???

Kick rocks with that shit.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:29 PM 06-14-2022
I'm not buying the musical shit.

That would be fucking terrible.

But Lady Gaga is a damn good actress, and she would probably kill that role (even if she's not Margot Robbie).
[Reply]
lcarus 07:29 PM 06-14-2022
Making the Joker sequel a musical starring Lady Gaga as Harley Quinn is the most idiotic idea I've heard of in a long long time.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:07 PM 06-14-2022
This movie didn’t need a sequel whatsoever, so I’m glad they are doing something different with it if they had to do anything at all.

Phoenix did all the songs in that Johnny Cash biopic a few decades ago as I recall, I have no doubt he can pull it off.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:34 PM 06-14-2022
Musicals are a waste if time
[Reply]
Fish 10:12 PM 06-14-2022
No way that gets a greenlight as a musical...
[Reply]
Page 18 of 19
« First < 81415161718 19 >
Up