ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 117 of 153
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:09 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
What was she posting? Certainly posting on social media isn’t an issue alone. It’s what she’s posting. Are you seriously trying to pretend that it has nothing to do with her political views?

I understand that she wouldn’t stop when they asked and she’s an idiot for that. It’s not the point. Where does the pressure come from to fire her in the first place?
It's not my responsibility to recap her social media posts.

If you have a problem with UTA and Disney's decision to fire her, take it up with them.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:10 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It's not my responsibility to recap her social media posts.

If you have a problem with UTA and Disney's decision to fire her, take it up with them.
:-)

Now you’re playing stupid to avoid proving my point. There’s been mounting pressure to fire her for a while because of her political views/posts. This isn’t remotely random or out of nowhere, and you could see it coming from a mile away if you’ve been paying attention. It was just a matter of time.

Have a good night Mr. Hollywood!
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:17 PM 02-11-2021
You can’t possibly believe this :-)

News flash:

Those other clients are pretty much part of the mob. They’re all part of the same woke cult.
Dont bite the hand that feeds. Thats my philosophy.....
[Reply]
staylor26 07:21 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Dont bite the hand that feeds. Thats my philosophy.....
I totally agree. That’s on her. I’m not defending her.

The issue I have is this is yet another example of the double standard. Pedro Pascal literally did the same thing (Nazi Germany comparison) while also spreading misinformation, but since he’s on the Left it’s totally fine.

My issue is only with the clear double standard that is on display every single day. It’s not right, and it’s something reasonable people should be able to agree on.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:22 PM 02-11-2021
As a personal comment and not something that's been necessarily shared with me, I'll never understand why people put their careers in jeopardy over social media.

I mean, most of us who aren't related to actors, directors, producers, composers, et al, have to scratch, fight and kick just to even get noticed, let alone, make it to the "Top of the Mountain" of the entertainment industry.

I've mentioned that I had an offer to score a series for Disney a few years back and holy shit, if Disney asked me to stop posting on social media or lose my job, I would cancel my social media accounts immediately, which is something that I did back in 2017 anyway, as I saw the corrosive effects on other people in the industry.

God Bless her and all but for the life of me, I just don't get it.
You’re operating from a position of logic.

I had a job in which I was pretty disenfranchised, and frankly, pretty angry. Then along comes this cunt that drove pretty much everybody in the office crazy. She would go off and do infuriating shit and I needed a release. The gal in the cube next to mine and I emailed some pretty horrible shit about that cunt. It was stupid. IT archives everything, they could have hit all the filters. It was dumb but I needed to say something to somebody.

I can see her being driven crazy by people in Hollywood and need to get something out. What she did was intergalactically stupid. What I did was a considerable degree less stupid but on some level I did the same shit.

Or she might just not want to do it anymore and took a blowtorch to it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:23 PM 02-11-2021
:-)

Now you’re playing stupid to avoid proving my point. There’s been mounting pressure to fire her for a while because of her political views/posts. This isn’t remotely random or out of nowhere, and you could see it coming from a mile away if you’ve been paying attention. It was just a matter of time.

Have a good night Mr. Hollywood!
And Staylor continues to ruin yet another thread with his political horseshit and sad attempts at insults.

Kudos.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:29 PM 02-11-2021
And Staylor continues to ruin yet another thread with his political horseshit and sad attempts at insults.

Kudos.
I’ve never once brought up politics in a thread that has nothing to do with politics. This discussion was happening before I even came into the thread.

This story is political no matter how in denial you are that it’s not.

Also, I wasn’t trying to “insult” you. I just think it’s hilarious how you react to anybody that dares to question you in this section.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:41 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
You’re operating from a position of logic.
And experience, which she should have as well. Let's put it this way: When my agent gives me advice, I take it, because I want to continue to have a career until the day I die.

I had a job in which I was pretty disenfranchised, and frankly, pretty angry. Then along comes this cunt that drove pretty much everybody in the office crazy. She would go off and do infuriating shit and I needed a release. The gal in the cube next to mine and I emailed some pretty horrible shit about that cunt. It was stupid. IT archives everything, they could have hit all the filters. It was dumb but I needed to say something to somebody.
Yeah but the difference is $50k a year (?) versus tens of millions of dollars for decades, let alone, a place in Star Wars history as a legend.

We all deal with a certain amount of horseshit in our jobs and I am certainly no exception. There have been times when I've wanted to quit a gig because the Music Supervisor or Director is a flaming asshat but it's a very small town and news travels fast, so I put my head down, shut my mouth and plow through it.

My worst day working in the entertainment business is a million times better than working in a warehouse or doing AP/AR for a small business in which the owner was a complete and utter cheating asshole (on his wife, too) or blech, selling guitars at the Hollywood Guitar Center.

She was on top of the world, man. A Star Wars series in which she was to be a central character?

Does it really get any better than that?

I can see her being driven crazy by people in Hollywood and need to get something out. What she did was intergalactically stupid. What I did was a considerable degree less stupid but on some level I did the same shit.

Or she might just not want to do it anymore and took a blowtorch to it.
There are things that drive me crazy at times as well but it doesn't have anything to do with social media or American politics. Now, Entertainment Business Politics are a different subject altogether but I wouldn't quit or leave millions on the table for that, either.

You're right, this was an intergalactically stupid decision on her part. Before today, I thought the dumbest decision by an actor this millennia was Terrence Howard's decision to demand a raise from Marvel to appear in Iron Man 2, which is why he was replaced by Don Cheadle. Cheadle's not only appeared in nearly a dozen Marvel films as Rhodie, he's also getting his own Disney+ series.

But IMO, we have a new champion.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:50 PM 02-11-2021
The fact most celebrities haven't adopted a policy of don't ask, don't tell when it comes to their politics/religious beliefs is baffling to me.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:19 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
The fact most celebrities haven't adopted a policy of don't ask, don't tell when it comes to their politics/religious beliefs is baffling to me.
On it's face, I could not agree more with this take

Why tempt fate and risk your Golden Ticket, as Sure-Oz said?

The problem is that she shouldn't have to be silent... Hollywood orthodoxy sure as hell doesn't hold it's tongue for fear of offending anyone

Hollywood becomes less relevant to my life by the day, candyass elitists not worth supporting
[Reply]
eDave 08:20 PM 02-11-2021
You're no better than staylor. You guys are obsessed with politics and allow it to permeate every facet of your life.

But hey, thanks for fucking up a great thread about a great Star Wars TV show.
It's mental. Didn't Tom Cruise screw himself with his inability to shut the fuck up about Scientology?
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:25 PM 02-11-2021
And experience, which she should have as well. Let's put it this way: When my agent gives me advice, I take it, because I want to continue to have a career until the day I die.

Yeah but the difference is $50k a year (?) versus tens of millions of dollars for decades, let alone, a place in Star Wars history as a legend.

We all deal with a certain amount of horseshit in our jobs and I am certainly no exception. There have been times when I've wanted to quit a gig because the Music Supervisor or Director is a flaming asshat but it's a very small town and news travels fast, so I put my head down, shut my mouth and plow through it.

My worst day working in the entertainment business is a million times better than working in a warehouse or doing AP/AR for a small business in which the owner was a complete and utter cheating asshole (on his wife, too) or blech, selling guitars at the Hollywood Guitar Center.

She was on top of the world, man. A Star Wars series in which she was to be a central character?

Does it really get any better than that?

There are things that drive me crazy at times as well but it doesn't have anything to do with social media or American politics. Now, Entertainment Business Politics are a different subject altogether but I wouldn't quit or leave millions on the table for that, either.

You're right, this was an intergalactically stupid decision on her part. Before today, I thought the dumbest decision by an actor this millennia was Terrence Howard's decision to demand a raise from Marvel to appear in Iron Man 2, which is why he was replaced by Don Cheadle. Cheadle's not only appeared in nearly a dozen Marvel films as Rhodie, he's also getting his own Disney+ series.

But IMO, we have a new champion.
I can’t disagree with anything you said, but sometimes people do dumb shit because they’re pissed. I’m guessing this is one of those times.

The other thing to note is I was 24 and fairly unrefined. She’s in her upper 30s and I’m sure has seen a lot more stuff than I did at 24.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:26 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
It's mental. Didn't Tom Cruise screw himself with his inability to shut the fuck up about Scientology?
The irony.

You guaranteed have more posts in the DC than I do, and you are apparently on medication as well.

Fucking weirdo loser.
[Reply]
notorious 09:43 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Ooooof.

I know he's fake, CGI, but I still cringed.
[Reply]
eDave 11:01 PM 02-11-2021
The irony.

You guaranteed have more posts in the DC than I do, and you are apparently on medication as well.

Fucking weirdo loser.
^ Marla Hooch
[Reply]
Page 117 of 153
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127 > Last »
Up