ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 20
< 12 345612 > Last »
Media Center>Amazon Prime Video
Pitt Gorilla 03:10 PM 04-10-2018
Not sure this deserves it's own thread, but damn, there is a lot of outstanding content on Amazon. I've had it for years and never really gave it a shot. The HBO and Funny or Die catalogues alone make it worth the while. The originals are simply value added. I've been watching:

Curb Your Enthusiasm
Eastbound and Down
Zach Morris is Trash

Things in my queue:

Man in the High Castle
The Tick
Sneaky Pete
Jack Ryan

Would like to re-watch:

Sopranos
Between Two Ferns
Justified
Parks and Rec

Anything you'd recommend from Prime Video? I feel like a kid in a candy shop (without the requisite time to actually enjoy all the candy...)
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 01:07 PM 04-11-2018
It's basically free. I mean everyone already has Amazon Prime, right? Which is worth it for the free 2 day shipping on everything all by itself. I don't even go to the store anymore. I need toilet paper? Soap? An electric skillet? It's on my porch in two days.

Oh, you wanna give me a video streaming service too? I'm in. How about music streaming and downloads? Done.

Yeah, I use the crap out of it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:13 PM 04-11-2018
So can you watch HBOs stuff without an hbo subscription? I don’t think you can with starz content.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:44 PM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
So can you watch HBOs stuff without an hbo subscription? I don’t think you can with starz content.
You can watch older HBO stuff, but not the newer shows. Honestly, I'm really good with that.
[Reply]
underEJ 04:29 PM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
It's basically free. I mean everyone already has Amazon Prime, right? Which is worth it for the free 2 day shipping on everything all by itself. I don't even go to the store anymore. I need toilet paper? Soap? An electric skillet? It's on my porch in two days.

Oh, you wanna give me a video streaming service too? I'm in. How about music streaming and downloads? Done.

Yeah, I use the crap out of it.
So true. I know there is a potato masher and air filters on my porch waiting for me today!

Haven't watched season two of Sneaky Pete yet, but enjoyed S1. I also enjoyed Patriot, and Bosch.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:23 PM 04-12-2018
I like season 2 of sneaky pete even more than season 1.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:03 PM 04-12-2018
I’m a prime member for the $100 a year postage. It’s really a threadbare service that most check out because it’s free with prime. Their originals are okay. I expect that to change now that they decided to spend $1 BILLION to bring LOTR to the small screen.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:19 PM 04-12-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I’m a prime member for the $100 a year postage. It’s really a threadbare service that most check out because it’s free with prime. Their originals are okay. I expect that to change now that they decided to spend $1 BILLION to bring LOTR to the small screen.
With the HBO catalogue alone, it's clearly not threadbare.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:56 PM 04-12-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
With the HBO catalogue alone, it's clearly not threadbare.
you get HBO for free with Prime? I thought Showtime/HBO channels cost money?

And anyway, it wouldn’t be their original content. Which my threadbare comment was referencing.
[Reply]
kcxiv 06:42 PM 04-12-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
you get HBO for free with Prime? I thought Showtime/HBO channels cost money?

And anyway, it wouldn’t be their original content. Which my threadbare comment was referencing.
no, but you get the older showtime and HBO tv shows. Wire, Sopranos, Entourage ect ect.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:10 AM 04-16-2018
Goddamn do I love Bosch. I’ve posted it in another thread but I can’t think of a single Titus Welliver character other than Bosch that I’ve liked. I’m not all about police procedurals. It’s the only one I watch. So on paper I shouldn’t like this noise but I can’t get enough!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:21 AM 04-16-2018
No Jimmy O'Phelan for you?
[Reply]
crashcourse 10:31 AM 04-17-2018
the americans season 1-5 is on prime
[Reply]
dred 09:21 PM 04-17-2018
Check out "Lexx"

It is the most low budget, psychotic, space series I have ever seen.

Can't stop watching it.
[Reply]
Miles 09:50 PM 04-17-2018
Two others are The Night Manager and Last Kingdom.
[Reply]
Miles 09:53 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by dred:
Check out "Lexx"

It is the most low budget, psychotic, space series I have ever seen.

Can't stop watching it.
I remember that one from back when there were the original several movie lenght episodes on cinemax and occasionally wonder if its held up over time
[Reply]
Page 2 of 20
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up