ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 16
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Media Center>New Star Wars TV & Film Repository
DaneMcCloud 10:50 AM 03-08-2018
There are so many new Star Wars projects that are being announced that I figured it was time to start a thread. I'll update accordingly.

---

Today, it was announced that Jon Favreau will Executive Produce and Write a new Star Wars Live Action series set for Disney's new Streaming Service.

http://www.starwars.com/news/jon-fav...ar-wars-series

March 8, 2018

JON FAVREAU TO EXECUTIVE PRODUCE AND WRITE LIVE-ACTION STAR WARS SERIES. THE DIRECTOR OF IRON MAN AND THE JUNGLE BOOK WILL HELM THE SERIES FOR DISNEY’S NEW DIRECT-TO-CONSUMER PLATFORM.

Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau has signed on to executive produce and write a live-action Star Wars series for Disney’s new direct-to-consumer platform. Favreau is no stranger to the Star Wars galaxy having played roles in both the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series and in the upcoming Solo: A Star Wars Story.

“I couldn’t be more excited about Jon coming on board to produce and write for the new direct-to-consumer platform,” says Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. “Jon brings the perfect mix of producing and writing talent, combined with a fluency in the Star Wars universe. This series will allow Jon the chance to work with a diverse group of writers and directors and give Lucasfilm the opportunity to build a robust talent base.”

Favreau is thrilled to be returning to the Star Wars galaxy: “If you told me at 11 years old that I would be getting to tell stories in the Star Wars universe, I wouldn’t have believed you. I can’t wait to embark upon this exciting adventure.”

Disney’s collaborations with Favreau extend back a decade, when he helped launch the Marvel Cinematic Universe as director of Iron Man and Iron Man 2 and as an executive producer of the Iron Man and Avengers films for Marvel Studios. For Disney, he directed and produced the massively successful The Jungle Book, which won an Academy Award for its groundbreaking visual effects. He is currently in production on Disney’s highly anticipated reimagining of The Lion King, set for release in 2019.

The untitled Star Wars live-action series does not yet have a release date.

----

http://www.starwars.com/news/game-of...tar-wars-films

ILMS // FEBRUARY 6, 2018

GAME OF THRONES CREATORS DAVID BENIOFF AND D.B. WEISS TO WRITE AND PRODUCE A NEW SERIES OF STAR WARS FILMS


David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are going from Winterfell to a galaxy far, far away.

It was announced today that Benioff and Weiss, creators of the smash-hit, Emmy Award-winning television series Game of Thrones, will write and produce a new series of Star Wars films.

These new films will be separate from both the episodic Skywalker saga and the recently-announced trilogy being developed by Rian Johnson, writer-director of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

“David and Dan are some of the best storytellers working today,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “Their command of complex characters, depth of story and richness of mythology will break new ground and boldly push Star Wars in ways I find incredibly exciting.”

“In the summer of 1977 we traveled to a galaxy far, far away, and we’ve been dreaming of it ever since,” Benioff and Weiss said in a joint statement. “We are honored by the opportunity, a little terrified by the responsibility, and so excited to get started as soon as the final season of Game of Thrones is complete.”

No release dates have been set for the new films, and there have (thankfully) been no sightings of White Walkers around Lucasfilm.

-----
http://www.starwars.com/news/rian-jo...r-wars-trilogy

LUCASFILM // NOVEMBER 9, 2017

RIAN JOHNSON, WRITER-DIRECTOR OF STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, TO CREATE ALL-NEW STAR WARS TRILOGY

For director Rian Johnson, Star Wars: The Last Jedi was just the beginning of his journey in a galaxy far, far away.

Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Johnson will create a brand-new Star Wars trilogy, the first of which he is also set to write and direct, with longtime collaborator Ram Bergman onboard to produce.

As writer-director of The Last Jedi, Johnson conceived and realized a powerful film of which Lucasfilm and Disney are immensely proud. In shepherding this new trilogy, which is separate from the episodic Skywalker saga, Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored.

“We all loved working with Rian on The Last Jedi,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “He’s a creative force, and watching him craft The Last Jedi from start to finish was one of the great joys of my career. Rian will do amazing things with the blank canvas of this new trilogy.”

“We had the time of our lives collaborating with Lucasfilm and Disney on The Last Jedi,” Johnson and Bergman said in a joint statement. “Star Wars is the greatest modern mythology and we feel very lucky to have contributed to it. We can’t wait to continue with this new series of films.”

Johnson’s upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi arrives in U.S. theaters on Dec. 15, 2017.

No release dates have been set for the new films, and no porgs were available for comment.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:59 PM 05-06-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
So, I watched the first 30 mins with my son, never had watched the Clone Wars, and seeing this play out from their perspective was immensely enjoyable. Dare I say this might be the best "Star Wars" thing I have seen since Episode 7.
Episode 7??

Have you missed Star Wars: Rebels, Season 7 of The Clone Wars, Rogue One and two seasons of The Mandalorian?

All of those titles, including The Bad Batch premiere, are far better than Episode 7.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:01 PM 05-06-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Episode 7??

Have you missed Star Wars: Rebels, Season 7 of The Clone Wars, Rogue One and two seasons of The Mandalorian?

All of those titles, including The Bad Batch premiere, are far better than Episode 7.
He's right you know meme


The season finale of Mandalorian Season 2 could be argued to being the best thing Star Wars has ever done.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:11 AM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Episode 7??

Have you missed Star Wars: Rebels, Season 7 of The Clone Wars, Rogue One and two seasons of The Mandalorian?

All of those titles, including The Bad Batch premiere, are far better than Episode 7.
Haven't watched rebels, or clone wars.

Didn't love Rogue One (it was fine but forgettable for me).

Mandalorian is good, but it has traversed far too much in the "Mando shows up to some random planet, runs into someone they know, they get out of a jam, and you get 3 mins of plot advancement at the end" trope for me to place it into my upper tier.

I'm just a sucker for the "what was happening to these people during X event" kind of stories. Always entertaining when well done.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05-07-2021, 10:16 AM
This message has been deleted by DaneMcCloud.
DaneMcCloud 11:39 AM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I'm just a sucker for the "what was happening to these people during X event" kind of stories. Always entertaining when well done.
If so, then you need to watch all 7 seasons of The Clone Wars and all four seasons of Star Wars Rebels.

Not only does the Clone Wars series completely kick ass, we see Anakin and Obi Wan's brotherly type of relationship up close and personal, as well as a deep dive into the Clone Wars, the clones themselves and the return of Darth Maul, while learning a bit more about The Force itself.

We also get to know Anakin's Padawan, Ahsoka Tano, and her role in the entire saga. I can't imagine watching Episode 5 of The Mandalorian Season 2 and not understanding why Ahsoka's presence was so incredible and such an integral part of the overall Star Wars story. Her upcoming series will be very important to the overall story and she's a fan favorite (and personally one of my All Time favorite SW characters).

Star Wars Rebels is also integral to the overall story, as characters from The Clone Wars series make appearances, followed by appearances in Rogue One. The first season is a little more "kid friendly" than the subsequent three seasons but it definitely gets much darker in Season 2, which carries forward into the fourth season and its two-part finale (which is also integral to The Mandalorian).

Both animated series are Canon and IMO, required viewing, especially with "Andor", the Rogue One Prequel series set to release in 2022 along with the Ahsoka series. It won't be the least bit surprising when the Obi Wan series ties back into all of these other properties as well because finally, Star Wars is an interconnected universe and to understand what's fully going on, you'll need to see both animated series (and from the looks of it and they way they're tying in Omega to the cloners in The Mandalorian, The Bad Batch is going to be integral, too).
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:05 PM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
If so, then you need to watch all 7 seasons of The Clone Wars and all four seasons of Star Wars Rebels.

Not only does the Clone Wars series completely kick ass, we see Anakin and Obi Wan's brotherly type of relationship up close and personal, as well as a deep dive into the Clone Wars, the clones themselves and the return of Darth Maul, while learning a bit more about The Force itself.

We also get to know Anakin's Padawan, Ahsoka Tano, and her role in the entire saga. I can't imagine watching Episode 5 of The Mandalorian Season 2 and not understanding why Ahsoka's presence was so incredible and such an integral part of the overall Star Wars story. Her upcoming series will be very important to the overall story and she's a fan favorite (and personally one of my All Time favorite SW characters).

Star Wars Rebels is also integral to the overall story, as characters from The Clone Wars series make appearances, followed by appearances in Rogue One. The first season is a little more "kid friendly" than the subsequent three seasons but it definitely gets much darker in Season 2, which carries forward into the fourth season and its two-part finale (which is also integral to The Mandalorian).

Both animated series are Canon and IMO, required viewing, especially with "Andor", the Rogue One Prequel series set to release in 2022 along with the Ahsoka series. It won't be the least bit surprising when the Obi Wan series ties back into all of these other properties as well because finally, Star Wars is an interconnected universe and to understand what's fully going on, you'll need to see both animated series (and from the looks of it and they way they're tying in Omega to the cloners in The Mandalorian, The Bad Batch is going to be integral, too).
Hell yeah dude. My 3 year old boy is loving Bad Batch, so I anm down for more of this content. Appreciate the summary. Between watching Adventure Time with my daughter and now this, it's not so bad being subjected to watching these shows with my kids.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:03 PM 05-20-2021

#StarWars: RANGERS OF THE NEW REPUBLIC is reportedly no longer in active development at Lucasfilm... Details: https://t.co/vtZwJYxHOi pic.twitter.com/v6AVDPJIUM

— Star Wars - The Direct (@StarWars_Direct) May 21, 2021

[Reply]
Buehler445 11:16 PM 05-20-2021
:-)

Could have been something. Fucking cancel culture.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:29 AM 05-21-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
:-)

Could have been something. Fucking cancel culture.
Dude, her firing had absolutely nothing to do with "Cancel Culture" or Twitter or anything related to Social Media.

Her firing was akin to Mel Gibson's disappearance in Hollywood after making Anti-Semitic remarks caught on tape.

Studio heads and talent agents tolerate all kinds of nonsense, from drugs to alcohol to property destruction and sexual harassments to people just being miserable assholes.

But the one thing you cannot do in Hollywood is equate anything to the Holocaust or the suffering of Jewish people. Bob Iger is Jewish, as is Jeremy Zimmer. They're not going to tolerate that for one second, which is why she was ultimately fired.

I can understand why people outside of Hollywood can't wrap their heads around that concept but everyone in town with half a brain knows better than to insult the Jewish community in any way, shape or form without serious repercussions to their career. It's the highest form of disrespect in this business and flat out dumb to even broach that line.

------
That said, I'm kind of happy this is no longer in development. The Mandalorian is at a crossroads in its storytelling and no one knows what The Book of Boba Fett holds. We just saw Luke in The Mando, the Rogue One Prequel and Obi Wan will launch in 2022 with new movies by Kevin Feige, Taika Waititti and Patty Jenkins, not to mention more series in development (Ahsoka, The High Republic and so on).

I don't want Star Wars just for the sake of Star Wars. It's already a bit too watered down as is, IMO.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:05 AM 05-21-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Dude, her firing had absolutely nothing to do with "Cancel Culture" or Twitter or anything related to Social Media.

Her firing was akin to Mel Gibson's disappearance in Hollywood after making Anti-Semitic remarks caught on tape.

Studio heads and talent agents tolerate all kinds of nonsense, from drugs to alcohol to property destruction and sexual harassments to people just being miserable assholes.

But the one thing you cannot do in Hollywood is equate anything to the Holocaust or the suffering of Jewish people. Bob Iger is Jewish, as is Jeremy Zimmer. They're not going to tolerate that for one second, which is why she was ultimately fired.

I can understand why people outside of Hollywood can't wrap their heads around that concept but everyone in town with half a brain knows better than to insult the Jewish community in any way, shape or form without serious repercussions to their career. It's the highest form of disrespect in this business and flat out dumb to even broach that line.

------
That said, I'm kind of happy this is no longer in development. The Mandalorian is at a crossroads in its storytelling and no one knows what The Book of Boba Fett holds. We just saw Luke in The Mando, the Rogue One Prequel and Obi Wan will launch in 2022 with new movies by Kevin Feige, Taika Waititti and Patty Jenkins, not to mention more series in development (Ahsoka, The High Republic and so on).

I don't want Star Wars just for the sake of Star Wars. It's already a bit too watered down as is, IMO.
Fair point.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:14 PM 05-21-2021
I think I read a day or two ago that Filoni is now head creative director for Lucasfilm
[Reply]
Bowser 01:52 PM 05-21-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I think I read a day or two ago that Filoni is now head creative director for Lucasfilm
As he should be, really
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:35 PM 05-21-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I think I read a day or two ago that Filoni is now head creative director for Lucasfilm
Originally Posted by Bowser:
As he should be, really
He was promoted early last summer to Executive Creative Director but for some reason, the "news" just got out to the public in the past couple of days.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:42 PM 05-21-2021
My concern with all of these new Star Wars TV series is that they're trying too hard to compete with Marvel in terms of volume and I'm just not sure there are many stories left to tell.

I watched the sequel trilogy this week while on the treadmill and while I don't absolutely love it, it makes more sense now with The Mandalorian, Bad Batch and the Marvel Darth Vader comics. The story behind Palpatine's clones is shaping up on The Bad Batch and The Mando while the comics have already shown Palpatine's contingency plan, with the Sith beginning to create the Final Order Fleet just shortly after he declared himself Emperor.

It just feels to me that if they're going to move forward with Star Wars, the next movies and TV series should be set in a completely different era, whether that's the past or the future. To me, it's just getting to the point where I don't need absolutely everything filled in and explained anymore. We know how the Empire began and ended, we know how the First Order began and ended, and we the know the fate of Han, Luke, Leia, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padme and Palpatine.

How much more do we need to know? What interesting stories are left to tell at this point? It just feels to me as if it's time to move on to another era.
[Reply]
eDave 08:27 AM 05-27-2021
J.J. Abrams acknowledges it probably would have been better if they had approached the Star Wars sequel trilogy with a plan.

https://collider.com/jj-abrams-star-...plan-comments/
[Reply]
Bowser 09:44 AM 05-27-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
J.J. Abrams acknowledges it probably would have been better if they had approached the Star Wars sequel trilogy with a plan.

https://collider.com/jj-abrams-star-...plan-comments/
Originally Posted by :
Abrams – co-writing the script with Lawrence Kasdan after Michael Arndt wrote the initial drafts – pulled it off, not only providing a satisfying conclusion to Han Solo’s arc, but also making the world fall in love with Rey, Finn, Poe, BB-8, etc.



And in all honesty, it was Kathleen Kennedy's vision and insistence that ruined the Disney trilogy. It was a monetary win and Disney made money on it, sure, but there's just no getting around what KK was doing with the Star Wars universe.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 16
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up