ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 383 of 386
« First < 283333373379380381382383 384385386 >
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Frazod 08:10 PM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Two of the most intriguing characters from the beginning, Varys and Littlefinger, both got terrible, pointless endings
Gotta disagree on Littlefinger. Loved his ending; that was one of the few bright spots of Season 8. That fucker definitely got what was coming to him.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:19 PM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Gotta disagree on Littlefinger. Loved his ending; that was one of the few bright spots of Season 8. That ****er definitely got what was coming to him.
Yeah. I will say that a “kings without clothing” ending always felt right for Littlefinger. I think questioning why he spent a season being Regina George to Sansa is fair (especially without a promise to be married). But that death was fine.

Varys, the master of whisperers, asking Jon “HEY DUDE WANNA COMMIT TREASON” and then having Tyrion turn him in, only to have Tyrion in the same episode ask Jaime “HEY BRO WANNA COMMIT TREASON” was one of those rushed storytelling decisions that could have been handled in such a better way had they had 10 episodes.

Season 6 had issues for sure, but 10 episodes made the Hodor reveal, Battle of the Bastards, and Winds of Winter land beautifully.
[Reply]
lcarus 08:27 PM 04-18-2021
Gotta disagree on Littlefinger. Loved his ending; that was one of the few bright spots of Season 8. That fucker definitely got what was coming to him.
I thought there was more in store for Littlefinger from the beginning and they cut him short because, like everything else, they were racing to the end.

Same thing with Varys, but his ending was way worse.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:45 PM 04-18-2021
At least Littlefinger had a resolution.

Didn't anybody wonder what happened to the Freys? I mean, the northern army would have had to pass through the Twins on the way to King's Landing.

Jon: Hey, the Twins are deserted.

Dany: So what? Let's move on.

Arya: Giggles quietly, but nobody asks her why.

:-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:24 PM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
The Holy Roman Empire dissolved into a bunch of petty squabbling kingdoms and city states because the Emperor was not strong enough to force them to work together.
Well, Bran actually is powerful enough. He would know of any brewing rebellions before they even formed.

This isn't Sweet Robin we're talking about here, it's the most powerful warg/greenseer of his generation who also comes from an old, influential House.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:31 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Yeah. I will say that a “kings without clothing” ending always felt right for Littlefinger. I think questioning why he spent a season being Regina George to Sansa is fair (especially without a promise to be married). But that death was fine.

Varys, the master of whisperers, asking Jon “HEY DUDE WANNA COMMIT TREASON” and then having Tyrion turn him in, only to have Tyrion in the same episode ask Jaime “HEY BRO WANNA COMMIT TREASON” was one of those rushed storytelling decisions that could have been handled in such a better way had they had 10 episodes.

Season 6 had issues for sure, but 10 episodes made the Hodor reveal, Battle of the Bastards, and Winds of Winter land beautifully.
Yep. Jorah Mormont’s ending was another punt. Not to mention the pussification of Bron. I blame it all on GRRM letting D&B run out of source material thus forcing them to show their black-hole scale suckitude.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:59 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Yep. Jorah Mormont’s ending was another punt. Not to mention the pussification of Bron. I blame it all on GRRM letting D&B run out of source material thus forcing them to show their black-hole scale suckitude.
The whole Winterfell battle was fairly ridiculous. No human who ever lived would have the constitution to stand up to hordes of zombies that never weaken or tire for hours without relief. Every last one of them would have died.

Makes about as much sense as the Night King keeping giant chains lying around; you know, just in case he has to have his minions pull a dead dragon out of a frozen lake.

Fuck Season 8.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:40 PM 04-19-2021
:-) I don't want to keep defending it, but it's possible that the Night King can see the future. If so, he'd have known he'd need chains at that point.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:42 PM 04-19-2021
All I've gathered from this thread being bumped is that there are a ton of us out there with unresolved issues towards Game of Thrones, specifically the last season. :-)
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:43 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
:-) I don't want to keep defending it, but it's possible that the Night King can see the future. If so, he'd have known he'd need chains at that point.
A reveal like that in S8 could have justified the chains, him waiting behind the wall until he was gifted a Dragon... all of it. Damn I just really want to know what the spiral meant, too.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:15 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
So he foresaw the need for giant dragon chains, but not Arya. :-)
[Reply]
vailpass 08:39 PM 04-19-2021
:-)
[Reply]
Bowser 05:47 PM 05-28-2021

[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:58 PM 02-05-2022
What the Night King couldn’t do…… Winterfell finally burns to the ground

The Games of Thrones set in Moneyglass has been set alight this evening. https://t.co/5VP7t4kvaD

— Love Ballymena (@LoveBallymena) February 1, 2022

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:12 PM 02-05-2022
A blast from the past.

So the red witch in the early episodes who was using blood magic. She could see the future but it didn't turn out like she thought it was going to.

Isn't that how it usually goes?

I remember at the end of GoT that there were a lot story lines that I could have suggested endings that I would have liked a lot better.

And the last few episodes didn't need to be one expensive CGI battle after another. They had a hooked audience. They could have finished out some plot lines fairly cheaply with more episodes shot indoors.

For instance, after all her training, trial, and tribulations. Couldn't Ayra have made it to the Red Landing and assassinated somebody? Cerci maybe?
[Reply]
Page 383 of 386
« First < 283333373379380381382383 384385386 >
Up