ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Media Center>The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon
Rasputin 11:34 PM 04-03-2013
http://www.kansascity.com/2013/04/03...l?storylink=fb

NEW YORK — NBC on Wednesday announced its long-rumored switch in late night, replacing incumbent Jay Leno at "The Tonight Show" with Jimmy Fallon and moving the iconic franchise back to New York.

I think this is great never curred for Leno. David Letterman will always be my favorite but I think Jimmy Fallon is pretty good late night host. Big upgrade over Leno imo.

Am surprised if this is not Q lol.
[Reply]
Sofa King 12:42 PM 05-20-2021
I don't know a single person that watches these shows, or at least watches them live. They're so political and unimportant.
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:02 PM 05-20-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
I don't know a single person that watches these shows, or at least watches them live. They're so political and unimportant.
Complaining that Jimmy Fallon's show is political is like complaining that trees are too loud.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 01:02 PM 05-20-2021
I heard an interview with James Corden a few years ago where they said the only thing they tracked was internet downloads. They didn’t care at all about the traditional Nielsen ratings.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:58 PM 05-20-2021
I said eight years ago that the last late night talk show host I actually enjoyed watching was Craig Ferguson, and that still goes. What an utter wasteland of politard idiocy. I guess O'Brien is okay (or at least was - haven't watched his show in forever) but beyond that it's just levels of douchery. Fallon is probably the least offensive - it seems like he does the spiteful political crap because he either has to or feels like he has to in order to sate his audience, not because he wants to. The rest.... fuck. Kimmel, Meyers and Colbert are walking piles of shit, especially Colbert. He's got to be one of the most loathsome human beings that ever lived.

Compared to Johnny Carson, they're not just swimming in his shoes; they're microbes swimming in the ocean.
[Reply]
GayFrogs 06:51 PM 05-21-2021
It hurts how much conan went downhill. He switched to a low-energy format a couple years ago where he sits on a chair (no desk), and talks to a guest. It feels more like dick cavett than conan and it doesn't suit him well. Apparently he goes off the air next month :-)

Please let me go back in time to NBC conan and old-school daily show
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:12 PM 05-21-2021
Originally Posted by GayFrogs:
It hurts how much conan went downhill. He switched to a low-energy format a couple years ago where he sits on a chair (no desk), and talks to a guest. It feels more like dick cavett than conan and it doesn't suit him well. Apparently he goes off the air next month :-)

Please let me go back in time to NBC conan and old-school daily show
I like his podcast way better than the Conan TBS version.
[Reply]
Mennonite 08:58 AM 05-22-2021
old-school daily show

This made me google Craig Kilborn and now I'm sad.
[Reply]
GayFrogs 10:40 AM 05-22-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I like his podcast way better than the Conan TBS version.
I totally forgot about his podcast.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:41 PM 05-22-2021
I totally forgot about his podcast.
His is my favorite “interview” type podcast. He’s always got a few off the cuff remarks that are funny as hell. It’s generic but still fun.

Definitely not a probing serious life story interview like the one that Mark Maron does well.
[Reply]
cabletech94 05:58 PM 05-22-2021
JUMANJIIII!
Originally Posted by Mennonite:

[Reply]
AustinChief 06:26 PM 05-22-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I said eight years ago that the last late night talk show host I actually enjoyed watching was Craig Ferguson, and that still goes. What an utter wasteland of politard idiocy. I guess O'Brien is okay (or at least was - haven't watched his show in forever) but beyond that it's just levels of douchery. Fallon is probably the least offensive - it seems like he does the spiteful political crap because he either has to or feels like he has to in order to sate his audience, not because he wants to. The rest.... fuck. Kimmel, Meyers and Colbert are walking piles of shit, especially Colbert. He's got to be one of the most loathsome human beings that ever lived.

Compared to Johnny Carson, they're not just swimming in his shoes; they're microbes swimming in the ocean.
Absolute truth. The entire post.
[Reply]
AustinChief 06:31 PM 05-22-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Complaining that Jimmy Fallon's show is political is like complaining that trees are too loud.
It's funny. I hear comments like this from what I call "the oblivious left." They honestly don't see how overwhelmingly slanted and political all media is at this point in history. You can point it out step by step and they will disagree until it becomes obvious that they have no leg to stand on then they generally will shrug their shoulders and forget the entire conversation and go back to being oblivious.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:19 PM 05-22-2021
Colbert is an extension of CBS news. He has more politics than entertainment.

He is not even close to being funny.

The big problem is people believe he is the news and everything he says is true.

All of the shows suck. If you want to see humor, watch Carson on MeTV.
Or dick cavett on Antenna TV
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:31 PM 05-22-2021
5 questions with Kathy Ireland was the apex of Comedy Central.

- describe yourself in 3 words

- ahh, errr, ummmm. . .

- THAT IS CORRECT!!!
[Reply]
Frazod 11:55 PM 05-22-2021
Sounds like he just got sick of Hollywood bullshit and quit. Probably made enough money to live comfortably for the rest of his life. Hopefully that's what he's doing.

Didn't realize he was from Kansas City.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up