ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Media Center>The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon
Rasputin 11:34 PM 04-03-2013
http://www.kansascity.com/2013/04/03...l?storylink=fb

NEW YORK — NBC on Wednesday announced its long-rumored switch in late night, replacing incumbent Jay Leno at "The Tonight Show" with Jimmy Fallon and moving the iconic franchise back to New York.

I think this is great never curred for Leno. David Letterman will always be my favorite but I think Jimmy Fallon is pretty good late night host. Big upgrade over Leno imo.

Am surprised if this is not Q lol.
[Reply]
NewChief 10:05 AM 04-04-2013
I don't get all the Fallon hate. I don't watch his show regularly, but the bits I see are really good (History of Rap and other musical bits).
[Reply]
Thig Lyfe 10:13 AM 04-04-2013
NOW they keep the show in NYC. That's what could have saved Conan, I think.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 10:55 AM 04-04-2013
Jimmy Fallon always seems like he is reading a tele-prompter ... badly.
[Reply]
jspchief 11:06 AM 04-04-2013
Johnny Carson
[Reply]
cardken2 05:08 AM 04-05-2013
Arsino Hall returns in Syndication this Fall. Seth Myers is rumored to take Fallons spot, when he makes the switch to "Tonight." And Letterman contract is up 2015, Jon Stewart is being talked about as his replacement, he is in the Viacom stable already. Interesting "change" in the Late Night landscape ahead.
[Reply]
007 05:10 AM 04-05-2013
Originally Posted by cardken2:
Arsino Hall returns in Syndication this Fall. Seth Myers is rumored to take Fallons spot, when he makes the switch to "Tonight." And Letterman contract is up 2015, Jon Stewart is being talked about as his replacement, he is in the Viacom stable already. Interesting "change" in the Late Night landscape ahead.
Stewart will take Lettermans slot instead of Fergesun?
[Reply]
Frazod 09:33 AM 04-05-2013
I actually watched bits of Fallon, Leno and Ferguson last night. It just amazes me that anybody likes any of them other than Ferguson.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 09:39 AM 04-05-2013
Originally Posted by cardken2:
looks like to me they are trying to reduce the cost of the host

Leno and Letterman probably get paid big time
[Reply]
Fish 09:53 AM 04-05-2013
Louis C.K. got screwed.....
[Reply]
MahiMike 10:03 AM 04-05-2013
At least Jimmy Fallon has some talent. Only late night host that can sing and play guitar. His musical spoofs are hilarious.

That being said, I like Conan better. The one that doesn't get mentioned is Craig Ferguson. What they do on a low budget is outstanding. And his gay skeleton sidekick is better than anyone on late night.

Letterman used to be my favorite until he turned into a grumpy old man. Leno always had the best monologues but he's a dick for ruining Conan's life.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:23 AM 04-05-2013
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
At least Jimmy Fallon has some talent. Only late night host that can sing and play guitar. His musical spoofs are hilarious.

That being said, I like Conan better. The one that doesn't get mentioned is Craig Ferguson. What they do on a low budget is outstanding. And his gay skeleton sidekick is better than anyone on late night.

Letterman used to be my favorite until he turned into a grumpy old man. Leno always had the best monologues but he's a dick for ruining Conan's life.
How many millions did Conan get paid by NBC? Fuck, I wish Leno would ruin my life. :-)
[Reply]
Omaha 10:28 AM 04-05-2013
Leno has always been a schmuck. Letterman was great, but he's gotten stuck in his old man schtick. I think Fallon's show is the best of the bunch.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:29 AM 04-05-2013
I hated Fallon on SNL, but I actually think he's an excellent late night host. Never thought I'd like him that much.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:30 AM 04-05-2013
Originally Posted by Omaha:
Leno has always been a schmuck. Letterman was great, but he's gotten stuck in his old man schtick. I think Fallon's show is the best of the bunch.
Give that bitch a cheeseburger.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:46 AM 05-20-2021
I read it just got renewed for five years.

I'm kind of addicted to tracking late night talk show ratings, and I've never known why. Just tracked it since Letterman/Leno and never stopped. Fallon takes over for Leno, changes the format of the Tonight Show to whatever it is he's doing now, and he ends up obliterating Letterman.

Colbert takes over and Colbert -- at least in terms of traditional ratings -- has been absolutely smacking down Jimmy Fallon for years. And Fallon's traditional ratings are now so low, he regularly loses to Kimmel, and now Greg freaking Gutfeld on Fox freaking News is seeing higher ratings than The Tonight Show -- it's nutso.

But I can't figure out if this show is popular or not. In terms of traditional ratings, this is probably the nadir of the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, but he still has the most YouTube subscriptions (I think he more than triples Colbert there), and the show has the biggest following of all the late night talkshows on all the key social media networks.

I don't know how much that's worth, to be honest. Does it compensate for the traditional ratings? Does it more than compensate?

Whatever it's doing, it's working for NBC, because he just got extended five years. I seriously thought he was on the verge of getting canned due to the shellacking he's taken over the past half decade.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up