ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Media Center>Conan on TBS
teedubya 09:46 PM 11-08-2010
Series starts in 14 minutes. Should be interesting. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:36 PM 11-14-2010
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
I read something that said the staffer compensation averaged something like, 60k each. That's not a ton of money for that kind of move, and then job loss IMHO.
Basically 10k per month per staffer until his new show started.

I'm sure that all 200 staffers that moved from New York to Los Angeles had a move allowance.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:38 PM 11-14-2010
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Depends on what they were making in the first place.
I'm sure they're all making $100k plus.

No one is going to pack up and move across country for less in this industry and many are union workers, guaranteeing their salaries.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:45 AM 11-17-2010
Anyone watch Conan tonight? Anyone think Harrison Ford acts like he really doesnt want to be a guest on the show?? He was really non responsive and short with answers...i looked at some old youtube interviews wheres hes on conan and he pretty much acts the same.
[Reply]
CHENZ A! 10:26 AM 11-17-2010
Rosario Dawson looked smoking hot. Also seemed intelligent, and witty. I got a semi.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:41 AM 11-17-2010
I still think the 1 hour late night format is dead.

The Daily Show does it right.

first 8 minutes - monologue. Commercials. Next 8 minutes - bit (be it Stewart or one of his 'correspondants'). Commercials. Last 5 or 6 minutes - 'guest star'.

You don't get tired of it at any point and you end up wanting to see the next day. It's also so short that Stewart can do a really good job with the material he has.

Does anyone really care about the 2nd half hour of most of these shows? And as often as not, even if you do care, the 2nd half is painfully tedious schlock.

People have too many options anymore to dedicate an hour to Letterman, Leno or Conan.

Then again, I guess the networks have too much money and identity wrapped up in Leno or Letterman to scale them back. That said, as those guys retire, I think the networks would be better served to reformat the shows into 1/2 hour segments.
[Reply]
Silock 06:00 PM 11-17-2010
Ford looked like he was on ecstasy or something.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:11 PM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Basically 10k per month per staffer until his new show started.

I'm sure that all 200 staffers that moved from New York to Los Angeles had a move allowance.
THat's what I really respect about Conan.

Unless I'm getting this wrong, as I understand it, he really pushed NBC hard on making sure his staff got benefits. And I'm pretty sure his travelling tour was largely a way of keeping his staff working and paid as they waited for the dark period to be lifted.

Because I agree--people can say all they want about Conan getting paid (therefore not getting screwed), but his staff are working stiffs like most of us and NBC bent them over hard.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:14 PM 11-17-2010
I like that Conan is interacting with the crowd, Andy's funny again, and they're back to improvising. I also think his interviews have been hilarious so far. His interviews with Tom Hanks and Michael Cera in particular were amazing. I remember when Kimmel laid into Leno--Leno couldn't respond because his entire show is scripted. I appreciate that Conan's allowed to be spontaneous again.

What bothers me is that he's not good at monologues and yet since doing the Tonight Show, they seem to be getting longer and longer. And the skits in between aren't the random goofy shit he did on Late Night--interviews with Saddam, Triumph, the year 2000, etc.... They're sort of ho-hum.

I want him to do less monologue and a lot more of the goofy shit he did on Late Night. I really, really hope that he figures this out soon.
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:05 AM 11-18-2010
Question.

Why do they say at the top of the show, they say "today's episode..."

Is it just me, or does this episode never happen? Am I crazy?
[Reply]
Huffmeister 08:58 AM 11-18-2010
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
first 8 minutes - monologue. Commercials. Next 8 minutes - bit (be it Stewart or one of his 'correspondants'). Commercials. Last 5 or 6 minutes - 'guest star'.
I completely agree. I rarely even watch the first guest. The most entertaining parts for me are the monologue and the first bit. If I like the first guest, I'll watch, but otherwise I'll stop it and watch something else.

Kimmel's show has made a formatting change where they don't do the first bit between the monologue and the guest. He just does the monologue, goes to commercial, and comes back with his first guest. I used to really enjoy his show, but with no bit before the guest, I hardly watch the show at all anymore.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:49 PM 11-18-2010
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Question.

Why do they say at the top of the show, they say "today's episode..."

Is it just me, or does this episode never happen? Am I crazy?
Help.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:14 AM 11-19-2010
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Help.
I don't think I understand your question.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:10 PM 05-21-2013
Did anyone see the Alice Eve segment tonight? Those titties of hers were hypnotizing.
[Reply]
KChiefer 10:20 PM 05-21-2013
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Did anyone see the Alice Eve segment tonight? Those titties of hers were hypnotizing.
Thanks for the heads up. A while back I saw on the program guide that Kate Upton was to be on the show, but when I watched the ep, Tig Notaro was a guest and there was no Kate. I wondered if Kate canceled, the program info was messed up or it was some cruel joke by Tig.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:21 PM 05-22-2013

[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up