ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Media Center>Conan on TBS
teedubya 09:46 PM 11-08-2010
Series starts in 14 minutes. Should be interesting. :-)
[Reply]
cardken 02:08 AM 11-12-2010
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
julie bowen with an upskirt dang she was flashing some panty
Yeah, hell of a pair of legs, she and Maria Bello are two "would you" thread worthy candidates.
[Reply]
Jawshco 01:05 PM 11-12-2010
Last night, with what was probably Conan's least star guest driven episode of the new series, was probably the funniest episode I've seen in awhile. Maybe the funniest since his old shows. His monologue with Kayne talking on the bottom left had me rolling the entire time. That was genius! And "Ghost" Andy during the local news round up was hilarious.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:13 PM 11-12-2010
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
We have to remember, Conan is still getting paid a shitload by NBC. lol
No, he's not.

The buyout happened six months ago. It included his yearly salary and the salary of his staffers.

He's on a new contract with TBS.
[Reply]
kcxiv 01:21 PM 11-12-2010
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
No, he's not.

The buyout happened six months ago. It included his yearly salary and the salary of his staffers.

He's on a new contract with TBS.
ooh, i didnt know they gave him a lump some, i figured it would be over a few years. its alot of money.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:43 AM 11-13-2010
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
ooh, i didnt know they gave him a lump some, i figured it would be over a few years. its alot of money.
NBC was contractually obligated to pay him as soon as they decided to fire him.

He received a $32 million dollar severance check and $12 million went to his staffers.

I think it would absolutely suck to move from New York to Los Angeles based on the premise that you'd have a job for years (if not decades) and be out of a job in 6 months. At least those people were compensated.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:50 AM 11-13-2010
I think it would absolutely suck to move from New York to Los Angeles based on the premise that you'd have a job for years (if not decades) and be out of a job in 6 months. At least those people were compensated.
True.

BTW, is his new show back in NY or still in LA ?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:54 PM 11-13-2010
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
True.

BTW, is his new show back in NY or still in LA ?
It's filmed in Burbank on the Warner lot.
[Reply]
Silock 01:08 PM 11-13-2010
Originally Posted by SportsRacer:
I'm glad Jon Dore is finally getting some recognition stateside. I chanced upon his Canadian TV show on IFC a while back and it is truly hilarious. He ought to be the next big star.
Maybe it was just that set, but I thought he sucked ass.
[Reply]
JD10367 01:51 PM 11-13-2010
Conan was pretty low-key in his first week, but that's to be expected. Shaking the rust off, new network, trying to figure out what he can and can't do. Also, it should not be overlooked that this is his production company, and he's not getting paid a boatload by TBS, and I think that was reflected in the dearth of scripted expensive out-of-studio bits. In his first month on "The Tonight Show", he was roaming the neighborhood, harassing tram visitors, carrying a giant statue into the theater, etc.,. He doesn't have that kind of cash any more, probably.

I do agree that Ferguson is insane. I've liked him ever since he played the boss on "The Drew Carey Show". Ferguson truly plays around like a guy who wandered onto the set, got handed a hosting gig, and figures he might as well have fun until someone figures out he shouldn't be doing it, LOL.

Kimmel's another guy who's pretty decent, and slightly less annoying than he used to be.

Fallon's just too wishy-washy, but he's had some great bits.

I'd rank them:

1.) Ferguson
2.) Conan
3.) Kimmel
4.) Fallon
---big dropoff--
5.) Letterman
689.) Leno
[Reply]
KcMizzou 04:21 PM 11-13-2010
Ferguson's far and away my favorite. I was just watching him and Donald Glover on youtube last night. Great stuff.

Seems Craig's quite familiar with Don's mother.
[Reply]
Thig Lyfe 05:34 PM 11-13-2010
Originally Posted by Silock:
Maybe it was just that set, but I thought he sucked ass.
You suck ass.
[Reply]
Silock 06:00 PM 11-13-2010
Originally Posted by SportsRacer:
You suck ass.
No, YOU suck ass. That comeback was better than his whole set.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 08:32 PM 11-13-2010
NBC was contractually obligated to pay him as soon as they decided to fire him.

He received a $32 million dollar severance check and $12 million went to his staffers.

I read something that said the staffer compensation averaged something like, 60k each. That's not a ton of money for that kind of move, and then job loss IMHO.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:35 PM 11-13-2010
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
I read something that said the staffer compensation averaged something like, 60k each. That's not a ton of money for that kind of move, and then job loss IMHO.
Depends on what they were making in the first place.
[Reply]
teedubya 11:11 PM 11-13-2010
60k isn't SHIT in L.A.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up