ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Media Center>Conan on TBS
teedubya 09:46 PM 11-08-2010
Series starts in 14 minutes. Should be interesting. :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 11:26 AM 11-10-2010
Originally Posted by googlegoogle:
All the latenight guys are identical in style. (desks? necessary?)

We need a Benny Hill type comedian. Sexy show with good skits.
Identical? C'mon dude. There are similarities of course, but Leno and Craig Ferguson (for example) don't even seem like they're in the same genre.
[Reply]
Sofa King 11:50 AM 11-10-2010
Originally Posted by googlegoogle:
All the latenight guys are identical in style. (desks? necessary?)

We need a Benny Hill type comedian. Sexy show with good skits.

I'd watch a Dean Martin type show in a heartbeat.
[Reply]
Jenson71 01:00 PM 11-10-2010
Something has got to be said for Mr. Tom Hanks. The guy is classy, funny, clean, and overwhelming gracious enough to do the types of gags he does.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:02 PM 11-10-2010
Tom Hanks knows he is on Bonus time after LadyKillers.
[Reply]
blazzin311 05:49 PM 11-10-2010
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Identical? C'mon dude. There are similarities of course, but Leno and Craig Ferguson (for example) don't even seem like they're in the same genre.
Kinda what I was gonna point out. I mean Ferguson is about as unconventional as it gets when it comes to late night talk show hosts. Dude's a riot, which is why he's my favorite. Conan's new show though so far so good through two episodes anyways.

Originally Posted by Jenson71:
Something has got to be said for Mr. Tom Hanks. The guy is classy, funny, clean, and overwhelming gracious enough to do the types of gags he does.
Agreed. Hanks is definitely one of a kind.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:29 PM 11-10-2010
Originally Posted by blazzin311:
Kinda what I was gonna point out. I mean Ferguson is about as unconventional as it gets when it comes to late night talk show hosts. Dude's a riot, which is why he's my favorite. Conan's new show though so far so good through two episodes anyways.
Yeah, I had never even watched Craig until Conan got the shaft back in January, but now that I've gotten used to him, it's almost hard to go back to a more "traditional" format. I still love Conan, but it seems so...scripted...once you get used to Craig basically just making it up the whole time.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:37 PM 11-10-2010
if you are a craig fergenson fan I recommend his podcast on the webapage "the nerdist" pretty funny.
[Reply]
blazzin311 10:41 PM 11-10-2010
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Yeah, I had never even watched Craig until Conan got the shaft back in January, but now that I've gotten used to him, it's almost hard to go back to a more "traditional" format. I still love Conan, but it seems so...scripted...once you get used to Craig basically just making it up the whole time.
Bingo....I think you nailed it with that comment. Of the late night talk shows I used to watch exclusively Conan up until 3 years ago or so I had a buddy of mine advise me that Craig Ferguson is what I should be watching. Ever since that point on (being the first episode of Craig's that I viewed) he's the only one I've really watched since. I can't stand Leno or Letterman. To be honest ever since I started watching Craig's show I haven't even seen any of Conan's shows until this new one started up a couple of nights ago. I just figured at least for the first week of Conan's new show it's got to be pretty good...but Craig's still my favorite. Everything he does on the show just seems so improvised and in the moment rather than just reading a bunch of scripted jokes from a teleprompter or something along those lines.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:42 PM 11-10-2010
that GWB driving scene was funny as hell.
[Reply]
Nixhex 12:05 AM 11-11-2010

[Reply]
morphius 01:11 PM 11-11-2010
Well, Conans rating already took a nice dive, he is already behind Leno, Letterman and even Nightline in the ratings.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:21 PM 11-11-2010
Originally Posted by morphius:
Well, Conans rating already took a nice dive, he is already behind Leno, Letterman and even Nightline in the ratings.
I don't think anyone expected him to keep up with network TV in the ratings. He's still well above average for cable, though he's got to level off in a hurry or things will start looking pretty bad.
[Reply]
kcxiv 03:31 PM 11-11-2010
all they give a **** about is the key demo's and he's beating the others in the key demo's.

The total viewers dont matter. its the 18-49 range that they care about. That was down 25 percent on his second day which beats the others.

tvbythenumbers and their charts got me a bit confused. lol, even so for a TBS basic cable, show is doing pretty damned good. We have to remember, Conan is still getting paid a shitload by NBC. lol
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 12:45 AM 11-12-2010
julie bowen with an upskirt dang she was flashing some panty
[Reply]
Thig Lyfe 12:54 AM 11-12-2010
I'm glad Jon Dore is finally getting some recognition stateside. I chanced upon his Canadian TV show on IFC a while back and it is truly hilarious. He ought to be the next big star.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up