ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Media Center>HBO Max
RunKC 09:21 AM 10-31-2019
Anyone see this yesterday? I’m excited for their lineup.

HBO vault
DC comics
Warner Bros vault
Adult Swim
Studio Ghibli-complete anime vault
Looney Tunes/Cartoon Network/Hanna Barbera vault
New HBO originals

They also paid half a billion for South Park :-)

Netflix is gonna have to work harder to keep up
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:10 AM 12-23-2020
Now they are showing ‘More American Graffiti’ in all its original aspect ratios. There are like 4 different ones, each representing the time period. Pretty cool. I’ve never seen this movie in its original form. And it’s one of those movies I had forgotten even existed.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:24 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Thatís good to know. Iíve never explored the DC outside of the main WB feature films since probably Michael Keatonís Batman.
Doom Patrol is fucking amazing.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:33 AM 06-09-2021
https://thetechtack.com/hbo-max-has-...sted-for-days/

Noticed this the other day while watching Conjuring 3. I couldn’t rewind or FF

Come on HBO. This is amateur hour....
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:45 AM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Now they are showing ĎMore American Graffitií in all its original aspect ratios. There are like 4 different ones, each representing the time period. Pretty cool. Iíve never seen this movie in its original form. And itís one of those movies I had forgotten even existed.
That's a decent movie to revisit, thanks for the mention.

My memory of it is hazy. I think I just saw it once as a VHS rental in college.

Only recollections was it was more avant garde in its cinematography than the original, wasn't quite as good, and spent a good deal of time on the drag race dude going professional.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:38 AM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
That's a decent movie to revisit, thanks for the mention.

My memory of it is hazy. I think I just saw it once as a VHS rental in college.

Only recollections was it was more avant garde in its cinematography than the original, wasn't quite as good, and spent a good deal of time on the drag race dude going professional.
I remember not liking it much as a kid. But after re watching it a few months back it was pretty good. Itís very avant garde. It jumps around different time periods and uses different film stocks and aspect ratios.

It spends equal amounts of time with Milner drag racing, Toad in Vietnam, Debbie in the hippie scene and Steve and Laurie conservative values vs anti-war protesters scene.

Itís worth a watch.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:45 AM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I remember not liking it much as a kid. But after re watching it a few months back it was pretty good. Itís very avant garde. It jumps around different time periods and uses different film stocks and aspect ratios.

It spends equal amounts of time with Milner drag racing, Toad in Vietnam, Debbie in the hippie scene and Steve and Laurie conservative values vs anti-war protesters scene.

Itís worth a watch.
I should clarify, when I say not as good as the original, I view the original as a bona fide classic.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:48 AM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I should clarify, when I say not as good as the original, I view the original as a bona fide classic.
Yep. Same. Itís definitely not as good as the original, but itís not bad. At least they tried to be different
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:17 AM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
https://thetechtack.com/hbo-max-has-...sted-for-days/

Noticed this the other day while watching Conjuring 3. I couldnít rewind or FF

Come on HBO. This is amateur hour....
Don't use Apple crap and you won't have to deal with it.

No issues on any of my devices.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:10 PM 06-09-2021
HBO claims that the issues with Apple TV have been fixed.

Their entire rollout has been complete shit from Day 1.
[Reply]
Miles 06:44 PM 06-09-2021
Over a year later and the only 4K content is their one WB movie at a time and Justice League. I’ve actually liked the service overall but seriously how are they so far behind standard tech this far from rollout.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:13 PM 06-09-2021
Netflix overall content is ‘just ok’. But their app and interface is miles better than anyone else’s. It runs so smooth.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Up