ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>Amazon Sidewalk rollout "BEWARE"
srvy 08:05 AM 06-03-2021
If you own Amazon Alexa devices you have until June 8 to opt-out or you will automatically be included to share a bit of your internet with neighbors. The link below explains it and gives instructions on how to disable and what devices are included. I have no dog in the fight. As far as I know, Amazon hasn't shared much info on this with their customers.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021...ith-neighbors/
[Reply]
Rausch 04:34 PM 06-06-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
At one point my wife had the Siri thing activated on her phone. It triggered on something in a conversation (not the word "Siri"), and then a bit later it triggered on something on TV (again, not the word "Siri"). I took the phone, deactivated the app and told her to never use it again. That seriously creeped me out.
I tapped out at cell phones. They could track your movements on those before they were even "smart." I wasn't willing to make the privacy/convenience trade off.

Besides, I've read my own posts. Most of the thoughts people decide to share immediately aren't worth sharing...
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:08 AM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
I received an email last year and disabled it then. I just looked and the email is from 11/24 and states they'll be turning on Sidewalk "later this year" which only leaves a few weeks so I shut it off immediately. It must have been delayed for some reason. It would have been nice of them to resend the email I suppose.

It's not effective if everyone turns it off so I'm not real surprised they didn't resend.
I never got an email to begin with. :-)
[Reply]
vailpass 10:24 AM 06-07-2021
Received a notice from Google for security updates. One was an option to disable Alexa. I don’t remember ever turning that one on. But I shut off access.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:40 AM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Received a notice from Google for security updates. One was an option to disable Alexa. I don’t remember ever turning that one on. But I shut off access.
Google is rolling out a bunch of new security updates that they announced after Apple released iOS 14.5. There's a lot of pressure in the industry right now regarding privacy.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up