ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Age of Empires 4
Sofa King 02:39 PM 06-02-2021
Anyone ever play these? Loved the first two. The third one was shit. There's still a rather large following for players streaming AOE2. TheViper is one I like to watch. Daut is pretty funny as well. Spent a lot of hours watching and playing AOE2. It's a great game and they're still adding to it. Just started playing AOE Definitive Edition again on PC steam.

This one looks to be good. Will hopefully be out at the end of the year.

https://www.ageofempires.com/games/age-of-empires-iv/

[Reply]
ModSocks 03:04 PM 06-02-2021
I was hooked on the first two. Never played the 3rd.
[Reply]
Sofa King 03:05 PM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I was hooked on the first two. Never played the 3rd.
You didn't miss much IMO. AOE2 has continued to be the standard for this series. Looking forward to the 4th. Looks good.
[Reply]
Rausch 06-02-2021, 04:32 PM
This message has been deleted by Rausch. Reason: I'm a dumbass...
morphius 08:16 AM 06-03-2021
We would stay after work back in the day to play the first two. Was a blast.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:58 PM 06-03-2021
I was a 'Rise of Nations' player. Played countless hours of it. I know it's similar, but I loved it so much I never made the switch.
[Reply]
Sofa King 07:47 AM 10-14-2021
October 28th release date. Looking forward to this.
[Reply]
stanleychief 10:10 AM 10-14-2021
I must have missed the announcement. I love it when you find out a game you are interested in, has a release date is just around the corner. I spent many hours playing AOE2. The graphics look awesome for AOE4. Should be a hit if they haven't destroyed gameplay.
[Reply]
Sofa King 10:48 AM 10-14-2021
It’s hard to believe that my two favorite franchises from 20 years ago now released games within a month of each other, 20 years later with one being a remaster.
[Reply]
stanleychief 12:57 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
It’s hard to believe that my two favorite franchises from 20 years ago now released games within a month of each other, 20 years later with one being a remaster.
Same here. I used to have LAN parties where a lot of time was spent on Diablo 2, Starcraft and AOE2.

Command and Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath is another favorite of mine in the RTS world. C&C 4 was an abomination though. I'm not sure why these franchises felt the need to screw around with working formulas. It felt like they were shirting focus to fewer units / more strategy. Some of the most fun battles though involved huge armies!
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:52 PM 10-14-2021
I never really got into the AOE series but the state of rts games is bleak right now. This one looks interesting and i'll be following it.
[Reply]
Up