ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>LNBS: This will end up one of our best WR groups in some time.
BossChief 11:03 PM 06-02-2023
Next to Tyreek, Toney might be the most talented WR we’ve had in a very long time. He’s up there with anyone. If he can stay healthy, he has a chance to have close to 1300 receiving yards and maybe as many as 15 touchdowns. Hopefully our training staff has been able to help with his durability.

Rice is going to end up an upgrade to Juju by game 10.

Skyy Moore flashed the ability to get open almost instantly and outside of punt returns has very dependable hands. I think he ends with 750 or so yards and 5-7 TDs.

MVS is one of the fastest players in the game and teams are going to be putting more focus on the shorter passing game to stop Kelce, Moore and Rice underneath from killing them and that’s going to open up some opportunities for big deep strikes to MVS.

Justyn Ross has been getting a lot of praise, so far. Who knows what kind of impact he could have after having a year with the playbook and his foot testing out very strong this summer. He could get opportunities to shine if one of the top guys goes out for a few games and he shows he can be exactly where they want him yo be.

Richie James is a dependable and underrated player. I actually like his playing style quite a bit and think he’s a good fit here.

Watson had a few decent impact games last year and helped us win some big games. His big play in the playoffs was a great way to start with some energy.

John Ross is very very fast, so there’s that.

This group will also be aided by teams spending resources on defense to stopping Kelce and that’s going to open up tons of single coverages for these guys. Let’s not forget who’s getting them the ball, either.

I honestly think Pat is going to have a 5k 50td season again.

If the group is/stays healthy, he might get close to breaking both records of

5477 passing yards
55 passing TDs
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:42 PM 06-03-2023
Toney must prove to stay on the field before you predict he does anything. So far those odds aren't good.
[Reply]
SAGA45 02:56 PM 06-03-2023
Love the talent and upside at the position! But it will definitely be a season where the key guys are rarely healthy at the same time and rotate on/off the inactive list.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:05 PM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
You cant list both the Ross's and then claim this will be one of the best. This doesnt even come close to 2018s group
They're just lottery tickets, 6th/7th/8th in line.

That 2018 group wasn't anything special past Hill and Watkins (And Watkins was dinged a lot that year, too).

With the number of guys the Chiefs are throwing at the position who have upside, it's kind of fun. More guys with upside you have, the better the odds someone ends up being better than expected.
[Reply]
-King- 03:05 PM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
What you're saying is logical but keep in mind that Andy Reid and staff had enough faith in Moore to put him back at punt returns late in the season. And he didn't have any more issues that I recall.
He didn't have any punt returns from week 12 on until the Bengals game.
[Reply]
Bump 03:23 PM 06-03-2023
if you don't think all of our receivers are going to get 1,000+ yards each and 10 TDs each then there is something wrong with you!
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:41 PM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
We've scored plenty of TDs without returning the ball.

And yeah, we understand Toubs philosophy, but don't agree with it.

You're acting like Patrick Mahomes couldn't have led the offense to the touchdowns we had in those games if not for the big returns when we all know that the offense can start at the 1 inch line and score with ease if they really wanted to.

I know saying no punt returns is unrealistic, but preferring a sure handed player back there makes all the sense in the world when you have Patrick Mahomes coming out on the drive.
It’s not just Toub’s philosophy. It’s Andy’s; first and foremost. In fact; have a look around: it’s also Spags’ philosophy.

It’s the Chiefs philosophy.

So hate it all you want. They’re going to return kicks and punts anyway; because that’s who they are. It’s who the Chiefs are.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:51 PM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
It’s not just Toub’s philosophy. It’s Andy’s; first and foremost. In fact; have a look around: it’s also Spags’ philosophy.

It’s the Chiefs philosophy.

So hate it all you want. They’re going to return kicks and punts anyway; because that’s who they are. It’s who the Chiefs are.
They just need to understand the situation more. When you are up 10+ in the 3rd quarter or 7+ in the 4th there is no reason to field a punt. Not even to try to fair catch it. Don't even put anyone back there.

If you are down 10+ in the 2nd half, by all means be aggressive but also you want to consider the fact that we have the best player ever behind center. What is the most efficient way to score a TD? Getting lucky from some return or giving Patrick Mahomes the ball? Mahomes can't score touchdowns if we get unlucky and bobble some punts and don't get the ball.
[Reply]
Iconic 04:03 PM 06-03-2023
huge true fan take operating on a lot of ifs.

current wr room is basically a bucket full of potential with a question mark slapped on it. could be great, could just as easily be a middling unit if moore, rice and company land flat.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:06 PM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
They just need to understand the situation more. When you are up 10+ in the 3rd quarter or 7+ in the 4th there is no reason to field a punt. Not even to try to fair catch it. Don't even put anyone back there.

If you are down 10+ in the 2nd half, by all means be aggressive but also you want to consider the fact that we have the best player ever behind center. What is the most efficient way to score a TD? Getting lucky from some return or giving Patrick Mahomes the ball? Mahomes can't score touchdowns if we get unlucky and bobble some punts and don't get the ball.

Honestly I’m pretty sure they know that in specific situations just fair catch it. The Chiefs are pretty good at situational football
[Reply]
BossChief 04:09 PM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
You cant list both the Ross's and then claim this will be one of the best. This doesnt even come close to 2018s group
Tyreek … Toney
Watkins … Rice
Conley … Skyy
Benjamin … MVS
Robinson … James
Dieter …. Watson
Kemp … Ross

What we lose from Tyreek to Toney, we gain back with interest through the rest of the group imo.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:19 PM 06-03-2023
At this point it's all question marks
[Reply]
BossChief 04:20 PM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by Iconic:
huge true fan take operating on a lot of ifs.

current wr room is basically a bucket full of potential with a question mark slapped on it. could be great, could just as easily be a middling unit if moore, rice and company land flat.
Well…the best GM and HC in the NFL are taking that gamble, so I’m comfortable with how I see it.

I’m not banking on Toney playing 17 games or Skyy Moore playing like Wes Welker…I’m banking on the force multiplier we have at QB, OL and TE being able to make the most out of the talent we have from top to bottom in the WR group.

Andy is the best ever at getting favorable matchups for his skill position guys snd he has the luxury of every type of weapon at his disposal to attack opposing defenses with pinpoint accuracy.

He can get defenders that lack agility matched with Skyy and Toney for big plays…he can get MVS isolated on a safety in man coverage that doesn’t have good deep speed…he can get Rice matched up on a smaller nickel corner that Rice can break a tackle and create a big play for.

This group is very raw in terms of NFL experience, but they have the talent, QB and premier coaching to bring out their potential. The improvements on the OL should help give Pat more time to find the open man, too.

If that’s being a true fan, thumbs up ��
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:14 PM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
I dont see how you can be so high on Skyy Moore. He looks like he's nothing special. Anyway, its year 2, and most players make a vast improvement then. So we'll see....
He got open quite a bit. In that second Chargers game, Pat got him the ball in critical moments. He's going to be good.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 05:32 PM 06-03-2023
1995 group is my favorite

Willie Davis
Lake Dawson
Webster Slaughter
Danan Hughes
Tamarick Vanover
[Reply]
BWillie 09:22 PM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Honestly I’m pretty sure they know that in specific situations just fair catch it. The Chiefs are pretty good at situational football
I think they are below average at it. They just have such talented personnel and the best QB in the world that they can get away with it.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up