ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 38
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Things I think it's time for:
Chris Meck 04:15 PM 09-25-2022
1. You can't trot Ammendola out again. You just can't. It'd be mutiny. I don't care what you do, you have to cut him and sign someone else. I'd go for two every time and have Reid kick off before I did that again.

2. Justin Watson needs way more snaps. Yes, he could've caught that one ball today, but he's big, he's fast, hes a physical match-up problem, and he usually catches the ball. He was inches away from another big TD today. Play him.

3. It's time to get Pacheco more touches. The midget squad isn't getting it done. It's not all their fault, but at least Pacheco is big and strong enough to maybe break some tackles.

4. It's time to bench Wylie. Wanegho can't be worse, and might have upside. Just do it, for accountability's sake if nothing else.

5. I think it's time to force feed more snaps to Moore. I don't want him returning punts anymore. Put Hardman there, you know what Hardman is, and he's not a route running WR. At least he might break a PR.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:20 AM 09-26-2022
Wylie is a much smaller problem than OBJ right now, IMO.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:22 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Nobody's being unduly critical of Skyy Moore. He's simply not performing at the level many expected of him, including you.
Can we at least get him on the field? Can we at least start there?

Right now he can't even get on the field so we can actually evaluate him.

Why the fuck not?
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:23 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Wylie is a much smaller problem than OBJ right now, IMO.
OBJ was awful last game. IDK WTF happened.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:25 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This. Quit telling me all this great shit he can do. Get on the field and do it. There isn't a person in the world that thinks MVS or Justin Watson are these supreme talents that you just can't displace.

Ya'll acting like he's got the Bengals' trio in front of him or something.

If Skyy Moore is all that and a bag of chips, then direct me at who i should be angry at then.
You should probably be mad at the guy who started Jeremy Maclin as a rookie ahead of Jason Avant (who I'm more and more convinced was JJSS before JJSS) and the previous year's starter in Reggie Brown.

Just as I said with the RB stuff - if Reid has the horses, he plays those guys. Except for OL; I think sometimes with OL he values continuity over everything. But with skill position guys, if you can play, he has you on the field.

There's SOMETHING missing with Moore right now. And those who suggest that may be the case aren't being unreasonable. Especially not when they simultaneously say "but hey, kid has some physical tools that the vets on this roster don't appear to have so maybe get him some run out there..."

The fact that I hear more from Mahomes about Justin Watson than I do Skyy Moore means something. I'm not 100% sure WHAT just yet, but there's something to that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:26 AM 09-26-2022

Why the fuck not?
Why do you hate Skyy Moore, Detox?
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:26 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I've yet to figure that out either, it's annoying as fuck. Rookie WR's have far more success in the NFL than they ever use to...yet here we get to hear about how it takes forever to learn the system.
Rookie CB's? Fuck it we'll start two of them!

Rookie Safety! Hell yeah.

Rookie C? You know it!

Rookie G? Play that mofo.

Rookie RB? Hand that foo' the rock.

Rookie DE? Chase that QB, big boy.

Rookie LB? Take Hitchens' job and don't look back.

But a rookie WR? "Oh we gotta redshirt those guys. The system is just sooooo haaaaard"

GMAFB dudes, you really think that's what's happening? That the Chiefs are willing to start a rookie at every position BUT WR? Really? Sheeesh.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:26 AM 09-26-2022
OBJ was awful last game. IDK WTF happened.
Everyone has figured out if you run speed at him, he will look like asshole.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:29 AM 09-26-2022

Why the **** not?
Bc he dropped that punt. That put him in the doghouse for that game IMO.

They also played on a short week last week.

I agree though. Get him on the field.

And judging by Hardman’s bad play that won’t take long
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:30 AM 09-26-2022
Everyone has figured out if you run speed at him, he will look like asshole.
It was obvious enough yesterday that it damn near looked schematic.

But I wonder again if that's not another outgrowth of how mismatched this roster and the RPO are.

Because RPO looks do have you starting with a bit of a run set before getting back. You have to be prepared for the possibility of a run and kick-stepping back at the snap won't let you do that.

This team needs to scrap the RPO in the worst way based on its present roster. The RBs don't have the speed for the OZ concepts that arise from it. The WRs don't have the chemistry or get-off to take advantage of it and the OTs don't have the athleticism to recover from it when Mahomes pulls the ball.

This ISN'T the 2019 roster anymore. It's time to stop pretending that it is.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:31 AM 09-26-2022
This team, as shitty as it is to say, Needs to just active Ronald Jones, use the FB and multiple TE's and just fire off the fucking ball and run it up the ass. Use PA to create space for Pat.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:33 AM 09-26-2022
This team, as shitty as it is to say, Needs to just active Ronald Jones, use the FB and multiple TE's and just fire off the fucking ball and run it up the ass. Use PA to create space for Pat.
Yup.

This is the most conventional group we've had since Hill was drafted.

We have to react accordingly. Trying to force your system on a mismatched roster is a recipe for disaster.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:34 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Y

Just as I said with the RB stuff - if Reid has the horses, he plays those guys.
Yes. Fucking yes. The list of examples is a looooong one. Reid isn't some dude who doesn't play rookies. If the guy can play, he plays them! We have examples of this every single year. Every year, dudes.

But because Tyreek Hill, who was a converted RB in college, took a season to marinate (and was still targeted 83 times his rookie year btw, because Reid played him) Chiefs fans have convinced themselves that "WR's take a year because it's sooo hard".

It's....bullshit.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:35 AM 09-26-2022
Yes. Fucking yes. The list of examples is a looooong one. Reid isn't some dude who doesn't play rookies. If the guy can play, he plays them! We have examples of this every single year. Every year, dudes.

But because Tyreek Hill, who was a converted RB in college, took a season to marinate (and was still targeted 83 times his rookie year btw, because Reid played him) Chiefs fans have convinced themselves that "WR's take a year because it's sooo hard".

It's....bullshit.
We haven't been good at drafting playmakers, it is what it is.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:36 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Bc he dropped that punt. That put him in the doghouse for that game IMO.
That's a lame excuse. Not buying it. They're not going to remove him from a game plan over a dropped punt.

They simply never intended on using him much more than a few breather snaps.

They're not gonna draw up routes for the dude and then not run them over a muff.
[Reply]
Best22 10:36 AM 09-26-2022
They traded down and drafted Skyy when they had better options on the table. They probably shoulda just taken the bigger, faster talents, i'd say.

Same can be applied to the DK/Hardman situation. By all accounts, DK would've been the perfect fit for Mahomes. This was something that felt OBVIOUS leading up to the draft. How the **** does that not happen?

They and the fans have this mindset that Mahomes will just make it all work. Everyone will be great!
Nothing about DK was obvious, except for the fact he looked great shirtless

He lasted till the end of the 2nd round for reasons. DK being an elite receiver was a big surprise. Dude didn’t do much at Ole Miss. Hardman and DK both had pros and cons as prospects.

Obviously Veach was wrong but it wasn’t some obvious miss at the time. No front office in the NFL saw them as 1st rounders, which is why both were available in the 2nd
[Reply]
Page 12 of 38
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up