ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 187 of 333
« First < 87137177183184185186187 188189190191197237287 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:16 PM 06-29-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
None of them are on pace to have one of the 5 worst years in the history of baseball are they?
No but shows free agency is just a farce. You jacking off to the Padres and they haven't done anything for all that talent they got. Prison Bitch's drive bys from Fangraphs about free agents all the time.

The key to baseball is building a farm system and keeping your own star players. Braves and Cardinals have been that model. Royals did that right with Salvy but haven't produced anyone else. Then fill the holes with a FA or trade.

Royals with a new stadium would be in the middle of the pack salary wise easily. That is where Denver, St. Louis and Minneapolis is. Have no doubt the Royals would be as well.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:33 PM 06-29-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
No but shows free agency is just a farce. You jacking off to the Padres and they haven't done anything for all that talent they got. Prison Bitch's drive bys from Fangraphs about free agents all the time.

The key to baseball is building a farm system and keeping your own star players. Braves and Cardinals have been that model. Royals did that right with Salvy but haven't produced anyone else. Then fill the holes with a FA or trade.

Royals with a new stadium would be in the middle of the pack salary wise easily. That is where Denver, St. Louis and Minneapolis is. Have no doubt the Royals would be as well.
The Royals suck at developing players and proceeded to keep all those guys...how long has Lonnie Goldberg been here now?

The point is no you aren't going to build a championship team in FA but you should be looking for valuable pieces that can fit in to what you are doing and the Royals don't even do that. They can spend money they choose not to.
[Reply]
penguinz 12:40 PM 06-29-2023
Interview sounded like a con man.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:51 PM 06-29-2023
The Royals suck at developing players and proceeded to keep all those guys...how long has Lonnie Goldberg been here now?

The point is no you aren't going to build a championship team in FA but you should be looking for valuable pieces that can fit in to what you are doing and the Royals don't even do that. They can spend money they choose not to.
Who in FA would you have went after?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:51 PM 06-29-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Interview sounded like a con man.
No shit. Bit surprised he doesn't employ a PR team to help with these sorts of things. He couldn't have made himself look much worse today unless he was actively trying.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:58 PM 06-29-2023
Who in FA would you have went after?
I was fine with Chapman, they should have went after Bauer too...

As far as guy that were going to legit get paid.

Dansby Swanson, if that would have happened who knows but that would have been my 1st place to look. Chris Bassitt would have been my other big name to look at.

For more minor moves.

Brandon Drury
Sean Manaea
Nathan Eovaldi
Andrew Heaney
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:21 PM 06-29-2023
I was fine with Chapman, they should have went after Bauer too...

As far as guy that were going to legit get paid.

Dansby Swanson, if that would have happened who knows but that would have been my 1st place to look. Chris Bassitt would have been my other big name to look at.

For more minor moves.

Brandon Drury
Sean Manaea
Nathan Eovaldi
Andrew Heaney
Bauer should have kicked the tires on for sure. But you can also know why they didnt.
Swanson meh. Not with Witt and Garcia.
Drury I could see at third, even though the Angels have used him at first.
I liked Manaea and Heaney.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:23 PM 06-29-2023
Bauer should have kicked the tires on for sure. But you can also know why they didnt.
Swanson meh. Not with Witt and Garcia.
Drury I could see at third, even though the Angels have used him at first.
I liked Manaea and Heaney.
Not saying they needed all those guys but they needed 3 starters out of FA.

I also was not remotely sold on Witt as a SS coming into this year.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:07 PM 06-29-2023

Well they did get 3 starting pitchers in FA. Turns out they sucked or got hurt.
[Reply]
poolboy 02:12 PM 06-29-2023
Brandon Drury would have been a nice get
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:23 PM 06-29-2023

This year was always a "find out" year for me. I'm fine with being largely inactive in FA.

They needed to find out if more effective and modern coaching could fix Lynch and Bubic and Keller and Singer. Unfortunately, that grade is pretty incomplete with the injuries to Bubic and Keller. Lynch has shown some promise.

I wasn't sold on Witt at SS, either, but again, they needed to see what they had with him. What we have seen so far is that he can play a roughly average SS. That's an improvement from last season, but for me, with Garcia showing such good defensive ability, I'd be talking to Witt about 3B or CF long-term.

From an offensive profile standpoint, I'm interested to see if Witt can keep it rolling. His peripheral numbers have improved (Strikeout rate down, walk rate up, hard-hit rate up, exit velocity up, line drive rate up, ground-ball rate down).
[Reply]
Mecca 02:25 PM 06-29-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
This year was always a "find out" year for me. I'm fine with being largely inactive in FA.

They needed to find out if more effective and modern coaching could fix Lynch and Bubic and Keller and Singer. Unfortunately, that grade is pretty incomplete with the injuries to Bubic and Keller. Lynch has shown some promise.

I wasn't sold on Witt at SS, either, but again, they needed to see what they had with him. What we have seen so far is that he can play a roughly average SS. That's an improvement from last season, but for me, with Garcia showing such good defensive ability, I'd be talking to Witt about 3B or CF long-term.

From an offensive profile standpoint, I'm interested to see if Witt can keep it rolling. His peripheral numbers have improved (Strikeout rate down, walk rate up, hard-hit rate up, exit velocity up, line drive rate up, ground-ball rate down).
It's still not acceptable to be pacing for one of the 5 worst seasons of all time.

If you were going to publicly ask for a new downtown stadium you as an owner need to look like you give a fuck and he doesn't.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:46 PM 06-29-2023
Stealing home that's a new way to lose.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:46 PM 06-29-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So is Garcia good? Because I've seen him a couple times now and I think he might actually be good.

He's a throwback player; solid bat to ball skills and that standard pull power only sort of thing where he's only going to really blast it if you put it in his wheelhouse. But he uses his legs well and seems to have a plan on the bases.

He might actually be pretty damn good. Seems to have a 2b profile offensively but if you can put enough power around him (the Royals certainly haven't) he can be a REALLY nice complementary player even at 3b.

That's a solid little player.
I take back anything nice I said about Garcia.

He's been a sack of rubber dogshit since I made this post.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:48 PM 06-29-2023
That straight steal of home from Jose was some 2013-2015 Royals aggressiveness.
[Reply]
Page 187 of 333
« First < 87137177183184185186187 188189190191197237287 > Last »
Up