ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Who would you take outside of OT/WR at 32?
staylor26 02:15 PM 04-17-2024
No need to name guys that won't be there.

My list is pretty short:

Jer'Zhan Newton
Nate Wiggins

I'd be tempted by Kool-Aid and DeJean, but ultimately, I'd still probably go OT/WR.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:59 AM 04-18-2024
PFN has pushed Newton to us everytime I've run one of their mocks in the last two days. If I don't take him at 32 he's often there at 64. I assume its a glitch now.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:19 AM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Mims
Guyton
Thomas
Morgan
Mitchell
Newton
Kingsley
Worthy
All the rest of those guys

And if we're looking at Morgan or Mitchell on the board with Newton there, I may not be able to make that decision until the second I turn the card in. Maybe not even then - would just throw three cards upside down on the ground and pick one of 'em...

Thomas is the last guy I'd DEFINITELY pick...I think.
Is Kingsley playing LT? Bc if you can get a decent young LT at 32 you’d figure that’s at the top of the board for us
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:01 AM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Is Kingsley playing LT? Bc if you can get a decent young LT at 32 you’d figure that’s at the top of the board for us
I don't think there's anything that prevents him from playing LT, no. The measurables and athleticism are there.

To put it simply - I don't think he's any more/less likely to succeed at LT than he is at RT. If he's an NFL player, he can be that player at LT.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:02 AM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
If we're not taking WR or OT with our 1st pick, then we have to be looking at the next highest needs. Wouldn't those needs be CB, DL, IOL, & TE?
So....everything but safety and QB?

Casting a bit of a net there, no?
[Reply]
RedinTexas 09:23 AM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So....everything but safety and QB?

Casting a bit of a net there, no?
Yep, a bit wide, but you missed LB and RB. I didn't include that. Or kicker. Or punter. Or long snapper. One of these days I'll do an in depth analysis of all the long snappers available. I know everyone wants to see that one.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:14 PM 04-18-2024
Hypothetical Barton and Murphy II are there when we pick. Barton's the bigger need arguably, Murphys the likely bigger difference maker I think you'd want on a cheap contract.
[Reply]
Balto 01:42 PM 04-18-2024
I'd trade out or look at one of the IOL guys like Barton(damn if he wasn't a T-Rex he would be a LT) or Jackson Powers-Johnson.

All three IOL spots could be changing soon.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up