ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 1207
« First < 27677374757677 78798081871271775771077 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:00 AM 01-03-2016
Originally Posted by :
INGREDIENTS

SAUCE
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
Kosher salt and pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
Pinch red pepper flakes
1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil

CHICKEN
2 (6- to 8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed, halved horizontally, and pounded 1/2 inch thick
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 ounces whole-milk mozzarella cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
2 ounces fontina cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
1 large egg
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 1/2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (3/4 cup)
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup torn fresh basil

INSTRUCTIONS

1. FOR THE SAUCE: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in medium saucepan over medium heat until just shimmering. Add garlic, ¾ teaspoon salt, oregano, and pepper flakes; cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes and sugar; increase heat to high and bring to simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes. Off heat, stir in basil and remaining 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and keep warm.

2. FOR THE CHICKEN: Sprinkle each side of each cutlet with 1/8 teaspoon salt and let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes. Combine mozzarella and fontina in bowl; set aside.

3. Adjust oven rack 4 inches from broiler element and heat broiler. Whisk egg and flour together in shallow dish or pie plate until smooth. Combine Parmesan, panko, garlic powder, oregano, and pepper in second shallow dish or pie plate. Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Working with 1 cutlet at a time, dredge cutlet in egg mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Coat all sides in Parmesan mixture, pressing gently so crumbs adhere. Transfer cutlet to large plate and repeat with remaining cutlets.

4. Heat oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Carefully place 2 cutlets in skillet and cook without moving them until bottoms are crispy and deep golden brown, 1½ to 2 minutes. Using tongs, carefully flip cutlets and cook on second side until deep golden brown, 1½ to 2 minutes. Transfer cutlets to paper towel–lined plate and repeat with remaining cutlets.

5. Place cutlets on rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle cheese mixture evenly over cutlets, covering as much surface area as possible. Broil until cheese is melted and beginning to brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer chicken to serving platter and top each cutlet with 2 tablespoons sauce. Sprinkle with basil and serve immediately, passing remaining sauce separately.
[Reply]
Donger 10:36 AM 01-03-2016
Originally Posted by Buzz:
I found the digital camera and some batteries so my pics should be better.

I made the dough last night and cooked a little bit ago.
That looks wonderful. Go **** yourself.

:-)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:31 AM 01-03-2016
A repost from my Instant Pot thread. These are pressure cooker ribs. I know. Don't judge me.

Ready for a few minutes under the broiler.

And done...

[Reply]
Buzz 01-03-2016, 10:33 PM
This message has been deleted by Buzz. Reason: .
Buzz 09:05 PM 01-06-2016
Suck'n on a big ole chili dog with nachos.
Attached: 000_0002.jpg (150.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:55 PM 01-07-2016
Original dinner plans were a bust, so more pizza.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:06 PM 01-07-2016
Pizza fans - you should give the kettlepizza a shot (apologies if already recommended)

It's an insert for a 22'' Weber that you can get extremely hot and make legitimate coal fired oven style pizza:

Oven in action:

See the leopard spotting on the crust?

Here's the top - not 'authentic' but a conventional style pizza done with a badass crust:

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:08 PM 01-07-2016
And if you're interested in doing some legwork on the kettlepizza, splurge and get the whole set with the baking steel and the tombstone insert. It makes all the difference in the world. My floor temp is at about 700 degrees with the ceiling temp being at about 900 when I put the pizza in. They take about 2-3 minutes/pie and with that kind of heat you get a spring in your dough that you just can't get without intense heat.

It's the only way to get that truly airy crust that makes NY style pies and Neapolitan style pies so excellent.

Learn to make/toss your own dough and experiment with sauces (though always using San Marzano tomatoes). It's really worthwhile.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:18 PM 01-07-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Pizza fans - you should give the kettlepizza a shot (apologies if already recommended)

It's an insert for a 22'' Weber that you can get extremely hot and make legitimate coal fired oven style pizza:

Oven in action:

See the leopard spotting on the crust?

Here's the top - not 'authentic' but a conventional style pizza done with a badass crust:

And if you're interested in doing some legwork on the kettlepizza, splurge and get the whole set with the baking steel and the tombstone insert. It makes all the difference in the world. My floor temp is at about 700 degrees with the ceiling temp being at about 900 when I put the pizza in. They take about 2-3 minutes/pie and with that kind of heat you get a spring in your dough that you just can't get without intense heat.

It's the only way to get that truly airy crust that makes NY style pies and Neapolitan style pies so excellent.

Learn to make/toss your own dough and experiment with sauces (though always using San Marzano tomatoes). It's really worthwhile.
These are your pics and you have one? I've been wanting one for quite a while.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:19 PM 01-07-2016
Additionally, if you like stir fry, I highly recommend getting the Weber 'gourmet barbecue system' grate and the Wok insert. The grate is about twice as thick as the standard grate (to stand up to the weight) and has a hole in the middle that allows you to drop the Wok right in. You can use coal baskets turned around and placed in the center for very precise, focused heat.

Again, heat you can't get inside the house plus you don't have to worry about oil smelling up the joint. You get that think rocket hot, shoot some vegetable oil in the bottom of it, everyone makes their own plates and you dump them in one at a time. I shit you not, it makes some of the best 'japanese steakhouse' style food I've ever had. I can make better fried rice at home than anyplace I've ever been. If you like Thai food, it's nails at that as well.

There's some really cool shit you can do with a Weber these days.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:21 PM 01-07-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
These are your pics and you have one? I've been wanting one for quite a while.

Yup, that was my birthday present. Love it. I took it to Arrowhead for the Bears tailgate and it got a ton of attention and worked like a champ. The upgraded tombstone just handles so much heat and that baking steel on top creates so much thermal mass that you get very little temperature drop throughout the cook. It's just a very well engineered product after some trial and error by those guys.

I got my Wok insert for Christmas an used it over New Years. I was shocked by how well it worked.

I also recommend the performer series Webers. Those side-tables will spoil you quickly.

(Looks at the grand total for all this shit...thinks that maybe I should've just ordered more takeout...)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:26 PM 01-07-2016
Yup, that was my birthday present. Love it. I took it to Arrowhead for the Bears tailgate and it got a ton of attention and worked like a champ. The upgraded tombstone just handles so much heat and that baking steel on top creates so much thermal mass that you get very little temperature drop throughout the cook. It's just a very well engineered product after some trial and error by those guys.

I got my Wok insert for Christmas an used it over New Years. I was shocked by how well it worked.

I also recommend the performer series Webers. Those side-tables will spoil you quickly.

(Looks at the grand total for all this shit...thinks that maybe I should've just ordered more takeout...)
I've had one of those Pizza Kettles on my wish lists since they came out with them. Really want one, but you're the first I've seen that actually has one.

I have one of those grates, but use the cast iron crosshatch most of the time. Will look for the wok. Not sure I want to fire up the grill for stir fry though, since I can put a wok on my big gas burner in the oven and do a perfectly reasonable job.

And I totally agree on the Performer Series Webers (Platinum, I think - comes with a little propane charcoal starter, which fucking rules). We bought ours a couple years ago, and it amazeballs.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:27 PM 01-07-2016
Made Gnocchi last night....not bad. I'd never tried it before and didn't have a potato ricer so I ran the potatoes through a hard cheese grater (the wheel style). I probably used a little too much flour, but nothing terrible. I put in about as much egg as it took to make it all stick together.

After a quick boil, I fried them off in butter and served them with pesto and pork steaks. Pretty good stuff and not all that difficult to make (would be really easy if you did have the ricer).
New technique - make Gnocchi with Ricotta instead of potatoes.

Look up a recipe or two (not hard to find; 8 ounces of drained Ricotta to about 5 ounces of flour seems the norm; egg/yolk as needed for the right consistency) and thank me later. Holy shit it was easy and spectacular.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 06:29 PM 01-07-2016
Had to go cheap tonight and make a couple grilled cheeses.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:30 PM 01-07-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I've had one of those Pizza Kettles on my wish lists since they came out with them. Really want one, but you're the first I've seen that actually has one.

I have one of those grates, but use the cast iron crosshatch most of the time. Will look for the wok. Not sure I want to fire up the grill for stir fry though, since I can put a wok on my big gas burner in the oven and do a perfectly reasonable job.

And I totally agree on the Performer Series Webers (Platinum, I think - comes with a little propane charcoal starter, which fucking rules). We bought ours a couple years ago, and it amazeballs.
Yeah, I didn't spend the extra $100 on the charcoal starter, I just use the side-burner on my gas grill for the same purpose.

I may need to start paring down. I have 2 22'' Webers (performer and standard), 2 18'' jumbo joes, a smokey joe, a 22'' smokey mountain and a 3-burner gas grill. It's fucking ridiculous at this point but I can't convince myself that I may not need ALL of them some day.

If you have a gas stove, you can probably do fine with the indoor stir fry (I have induction). It doesn't get you around the smokey mess you make in your kitchen, though.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:31 PM 01-07-2016
Yeah, I didn't spend the extra $100 on the charcoal starter, I just use the side-burner on my gas grill for the same purpose.

I may need to start paring down. I have 2 22'' Webers (performer and standard), 2 18'' jumbo joes, a smokey joe, a 22'' smokey mountain and a 3-burner gas grill. It's ****ing ridiculous at this point but I can't convince myself that I may not need ALL of them some day.

If you have a gas stove, you can probably do fine with the indoor stir fry (I have induction). It doesn't get you around the smokey mess you make in your kitchen, though.
True, but such is the price we pay for good food indoors. :-)
[Reply]
Page 77 of 1207
« First < 27677374757677 78798081871271775771077 > Last »
Up