ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 1203
« First < 142021222324 2526272834741245241024 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:03 PM 10-19-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
You're acting like I called your baby ugly.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:04 PM 10-19-2015
Originally Posted by listopencil:
This is totally unrelated, but I was at the grocery store today and swung by the deli because I hadn't had lunch yet. They had what was listed as "lemon capellini pasta" in their salad section. I was going to ignore it until I recalled your comment in another thread about using lemon juice in the same way that I use vinegar. So I tried it...holy shit, it was delicious. It had capers, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, chunks of Roma tomato and a handful different spices that worked well together. I think this is the first time I have ever had any kind of savory dish with citrus that I enjoyed. I bought two pounds of it and consumed it immediately.
Awesome!

On another note, 2 POUNDS OF PASTA? Did you explode after?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:07 PM 10-19-2015
This is totally unrelated, but I was at the grocery store today and swung by the deli because I hadn't had lunch yet. They had what was listed as "lemon capellini pasta" in their salad section. I was going to ignore it until I recalled your comment in another thread about using lemon juice in the same way that I use vinegar. So I tried it...holy shit, it was delicious. It had capers, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, chunks of Roma tomato and a handful different spices that worked well together. I think this is the first time I have ever had any kind of savory dish with citrus that I enjoyed. I bought two pounds of it and consumed it immediately.
I'll say it again, Chicken Francaise.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:08 PM 10-19-2015

Yeah, OK, I'm going to try making some. I'm sold.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:09 PM 10-19-2015
Do you have a particular version you like? Never made it and can Google one myself, but would be open to a recommendation if you have one.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:10 PM 10-19-2015
Looks basically like a pan fried chicken breast with lemony gravy?
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:10 PM 10-19-2015
After 24 hours of KC bar food, beer, and screaming at Alex Rios, I think I'm coming down with a cold. Tonkotsu ramen takeout for me tonight.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:10 PM 10-19-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Awesome!

On another note, 2 POUNDS OF PASTA? Did you explode after?
It is sitting in my gut right now.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:13 PM 10-19-2015
Looks basically like a pan fried chicken breast with lemony gravy?
Yeah, but if you get the sauce right, the mix of lemon, butter and white wine will make you look at pankoed chicken breast in a whole new light.

It's possibly my favorite Italian dish at present. There's a restaurant here that makes an excellent version, so good they named it after their restaurant, Chicken a Pietro.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:13 PM 10-19-2015
It is sitting in my gut right now.
I'll bet. :-)

I'm still fat, but I've done a much better job at portion control since my stint in the hospital last year. Once in a blue moon I'll forget that I can't eat as much as I used to, and will regret it for hours.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:14 PM 10-19-2015
Yeah, but if you get the sauce right, the mix of lemon, butter and white wine will make you look at pankoed chicken breast in a whole new light.

It's possibly my favorite Italian dish at present. There's a restaurant here that makes an excellent version, so good they named it after their restaurant, Chicken a Pietro.
No doubt. Simple sauces can really elevate just about anything.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:17 PM 10-19-2015
I'll bet. :-)

I'm still fat, but I've done a much better job at portion control since my stint in the hospital last year. Once in a blue moon I'll forget that I can't eat as much as I used to, and will regret it for hours.
I am in pretty good shape, I switched to a more physical position at work so I get plenty of exercise. I only have about 5 pounds of fat on me and I am 200-205.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:20 PM 10-19-2015
Wife mentioned cooking homemade chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes w/ gravy, etc. ...which sounds good to me, just hope I have room after lunch which was 2 Chipotle burritos. :-)
[Reply]
Fire Me Wife! 01:47 PM 10-19-2015

I see a dinner in our future. Maybe tomorrow FMB?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:56 PM 10-19-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Wife!:
I see a dinner in our future. Maybe tomorrow FMB?
I can vouch for Paesana, if you're going to jarred sauce.

[Reply]
Page 24 of 1203
« First < 142021222324 2526272834741245241024 > Last »
Up