ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 287
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:03 AM 04-08-2014
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
It is. You think I'd beat my dick to just any ol' vids?!? Forget about it!

Yeah, the gushing, spurting blood splatter was definitely comical, as was the use of slow-mo at times.

Spoiler!

I did think it was pretty funny when she mentioned something about Themistocles "stroking his cock to the sight of real warriors" or something or other. Reminded me of Batiatus in Spartacus :-) "Great Zeus's cock!" "The Gods have finally seen fit to remove cock from ass!" :-) :-)
Jupiter's Cock dude. Get that shit right.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:34 AM 04-08-2014
Shit, they were Roman. You're right.
[Reply]
Ceej 09:16 AM 04-11-2014
Man, Out of the Furnace was intense.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:31 AM 04-13-2014
I watched the Book of Eli. It was something. Not what I expected, but I guess it wasn't bad. Not the normal Denzel character I guess.
[Reply]
NewChief 07:49 AM 04-13-2014
Originally Posted by Fish:
It was kinda fun. I didn't think it was as good of a story as the first though. The amount of blood and splatter was almost comical though. That and the whole "Woman leading an army in the Middle Ages" thing...

But your spoiler... heh.. yeah.......
I mean... I don't think we're going for historical accuracy. Xerxes gets transformed from a regular dude to some freaky pierced androgynous skinny giant by submerging himself in water or some shit.

The source material IS a comic book after all.

Anyway, I watched it last night as well, and it was pretty fun.
[Reply]
-King- 08:57 AM 04-14-2014
Delivery Man surprisingly wasn't bad. Still don't really like Vince Vaughn.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Ceej 10:08 AM 04-14-2014
Originally Posted by -King-:
Delivery Man surprisingly wasn't bad. Still don't really like Vince Vaughn.
Posted via Mobile Device
The movie wasn't bad.

Vaughn isn't lead actor quality.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:35 PM 04-15-2014
Grand Budapest Hotel. Holy shit. Proof that practical effects still have awesome relevance in this CGI drunk world.

Loved the 4:3 aspect ratio for the part in the 30s.

Whole thing was fucking hilarious. LOL at the cat.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:49 AM 04-21-2014
I thought Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones was pretty damn enjoyable. I really liked the way they came full circle at the end.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:01 AM 04-21-2014
Apparently transcendence is a pile of shit. Sounds like I'll be stealing it.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:03 AM 04-21-2014
Originally Posted by Douche Baggins:
Apparently transcendence is a pile of shit. Sounds like I'll be stealing it.
For me, Transcendence is the perfect "AT FIRST I WAS LIKE.....then I was like...." build up to a movie. Fantastic cast, interesting story - no reason it shouldn't do bad or not interest me, but it just doesn't.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:51 PM 05-02-2014
For those of you in that 35-50 demo, or any demo really, its a great story/morality tale... check out "Auto Focus" on Starz premium, its the story of Bob Crane of Hogans Hero's fame... I was a HUGE Hogans fan growing up, so this one caught my attention.

"Auto Focus on Starz huh, prolly just another piece of shit movie they've dug up for me and my extra money I pay"... then I looked at what the movie was about.

Greg Kinnear as Bob, Willem Dafoe as Charlie the video tech wizard... what could go wrong?

Super sweet guy starting out, not a Hollywood sleaze in the least, happily married with kids, a religious man... but even in his innocent days he had a fetish for girly mags, and that fetish only grows with time as his self fueling addicition/fame cycle went.

Then "Heroes" came along, opening all kinds of new doors, doors he shoudlnt have opened, but couldnt resist... it was his one vice.

He wasnt into drugs, wasnt a drunk... but he got drawn into a very sordid world of "sex, lies and videotape"... great, Great movie, Kinnear has all of the guy next door charm he needed and Dafoe is, well, perfect, as Charlie.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:05 PM 05-02-2014
Originally Posted by scott free:
For those of you in that 35-50 demo, or any demo really, its a great story/morality tale... check out "Auto Focus" on Starz premium, its the story of Bob Crane of Hogans Hero's fame... I was a HUGE Hogans fan growing up, so this one caught my attention.

"Auto Focus on Starz huh, prolly just another piece of shit movie they've dug up for me and my extra money I pay"... then I looked at what the movie was about.

Greg Kinnear as Bob, Willem Dafoe as Charlie the video tech wizard... what could go wrong?

Super sweet guy starting out, not a Hollywood sleaze in the least, happily married with kids, a religious man... but even in his innocent days he had a fetish for girly mags, and that fetish only grows with time as his self fueling addicition/fame cycle went.

Then "Heroes" came along, opening all kinds of new doors, doors he shoudlnt have opened, but couldnt resist... it was his one vice.

He wasnt into drugs, wasnt a drunk... but he got drawn into a very sordid world of "sex, lies and videotape"... great, Great movie, Kinnear has all of the guy next door charm he needed and Dafoe is, well, perfect, as Charlie.

Not an unknown movie in the least. IIRC, it got some Oscar noms back in the day.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:09 PM 05-02-2014
Yea, I remember watching Auto Focus like 10 years ago on cable. it was decent. Crane was kind of a creeper though.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:11 PM 05-02-2014
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Not an unknown movie in the least. IIRC, it got some Oscar noms back in the day.
It got Oscar nods? I wouldnt have guessed that, I just thought it was one of those great stories that good actors want to take on in spite of knowing it was never going to be a big hit.

I'm glad this movie got due recognition, not a huge hit to my knowledge, but its a damn good story... no big splosions or icy Cruise/Willis stares, just an engaging story well told.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 287
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Up