ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 286 of 288
« First < 186236276282283284285286 287288 >
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 01:17 PM 03-24-2024

Wife and I watched last night, and have always been fans of Sofia Coppola. Solid.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:39 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by Enid Borden:
We haven't been to see any new movies lately besides Oppenheimer. Can anyone recommend something that isn't a woke dumpster fire?
Going to see Godzilla x Kong in about an hour.

I doubt religion, preferences, and politics are in that one anywhere.

But if Kong skirts up or 'Zilla paints his nails I'll let you know...
[Reply]
BWillie 02:43 PM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Going to see Godzilla x Kong in about an hour.

I doubt religion, preferences, and politics are in that one anywhere.

But if Kong skirts up or 'Zilla paints his nails I'll let you know...
Godzilla vs Kong is everything that is wrong with the world today.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:15 PM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Godzilla vs Kong is everything that is wrong with the world today.
Did you like the Lion King, Frozen, 80's action movies, 90's Japanese Godzilla movies, Voltron, He-Man, Flash Gordon, and all the Disney princess movies?

If so, and penis envy mushrooms don't intimidate you, grab some 'cause this is your movie.

I'm a huge Godzilla fan and I don't know if I like the 2nd half of this movie or not. I can't decide if it went full good Nick Cage or full bad Nick Cage in the last 1/3rd.

Seriously. I see what they were trying to do but I don't think they stuck the landing. The first 2/3rds is like an homage to 80's kid/teen movies and saturday cartoons but the last 1/3rd is just Stephen King and too much cocaine. WAY too much cocaine...
[Reply]
BWillie 04:26 PM 03-29-2024
Did you like the Lion King, Frozen, 80's action movies, 90's Japanese Godzilla movies, Voltron, He-Man, Flash Gordon, and all the Disney princess movies?

If so, and penis envy mushrooms don't intimidate you, grab some 'cause this is your movie.

I'm a huge Godzilla fan and I don't know if I like the 2nd half of this movie or not. I can't decide if it went full good Nick Cage or full bad Nick Cage in the last 1/3rd.

Seriously. I see what they were trying to do but I don't think they stuck the landing. The first 2/3rds is like an homage to 80's kid/teen movies and saturday cartoons but the last 1/3rd is just Stephen King and too much cocaine. WAY too much cocaine...
Fictional beasts in a non-fantastical world do not interest me. It makes no sense. It appears in reviews people like it but they like these super hero movies, too so I take them with a grain of salt.

The entire thing should be fantasy or no fantasy at 'tall
[Reply]
Rausch 04:59 PM 03-29-2024

The entire thing should be fantasy or no fantasy at 'tall
Oh, it's full fantasy. Everyone gets this movie is supposed to be way over the top except our lead character. Tyree Henry and Stephens realize they're making some odd combo of Godzilla and Flash Gordon and they ham it up. It's the most 80's supporting characters ever. Rebecca Hall was told she was making a Goonies movie - a little silly at times and for kids but full of heart. It's not.

The best description I can give is that the guys that made Kung Fury were given a Monsterverse movie. It's THAT fucking over the top. This movie doesn't have Hitler. That's really the only difference...
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:43 PM 03-29-2024
Did a search and nothing came up for a terrific movie, "Mending the Line" on Netflix. Perry Mayfield from "in he Dark" and Brian Cox from "Succession" do a great job IMO.

[Reply]
BWillie 10:08 PM 03-29-2024
Oh, it's full fantasy. Everyone gets this movie is supposed to be way over the top except our lead character. Tyree Henry and Stephens realize they're making some odd combo of Godzilla and Flash Gordon and they ham it up. It's the most 80's supporting characters ever. Rebecca Hall was told she was making a Goonies movie - a little silly at times and for kids but full of heart. It's not.

The best description I can give is that the guys that made Kung Fury were given a Monsterverse movie. It's THAT fucking over the top. This movie doesn't have Hitler. That's really the only difference...
I'll watch it when it is free and I'll hate myself if I like it
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:06 PM 03-30-2024
Ricky Stanicky on Amazon. Not gonna blow your socks off. Its just a goofy comedy but def worth a watch. Some really funny parts and its free.

Zach Efron, John Cena, some other ppl u might know in it.
Efron seemed like he was mailing it in, but Cena has absolutely no shame and it leads to hilarious moments. The karaoke compilation was fantastic. Someone described him as a jacked Chris Farley in that he's down for almost any type of physical comedy, and I think there's truth to that. He also has a matter of fact delivery that lends itself to outlandish statements.

You're a raging alcoholic. How'd you get so ripped?

Roids. Shitton of roids.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 07:09 PM 03-30-2024
Cena was funny in Blockers too, even though the movie wasn't great.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:33 PM 03-30-2024
Originally Posted by BigRichard:

Not sure how much it matches up with the old show but I am still in.
Kinda looks like a "FUN" one! Will watch.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:37 PM 03-30-2024
Do not know how old you fellas are but, The Omen movies were awesome!
So they are doing a new one, The First Omen which looks cool as hell! 666

"This is for you":-)

Damien look at me, it's all for you!

[Reply]
Rausch 08:29 AM 03-31-2024
I'll watch it when it is free and I'll hate myself if I like it
I think you actually will like at least the first 1/2. It kinda' pulls it off. I was impressed.

Then the last 1/3rd or so became Kung Fury. I think the meme-tastic orgy of nonsense will make the internet label it try-hard and it'll backfire.

Who knows though - this is clearly aimed at the 14 and under age group - not the 35+ age group that grew up on Godzilla.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 11:11 AM 03-31-2024
Watched Anatomy of a Fall. French film. Courtroom drama with replays of family interaction. It was nominated for several oscars. I'm surprised the young boy wasn't nominated or something. He was very good.

Outside of that, it wasn't that exciting. More of a "film" than a hollywood hit. I thought the lead actress was strong too.
[Reply]
Ceej 05:52 PM 04-01-2024
Most certainly late to the party, but Iron Claw was incredible.
[Reply]
Page 286 of 288
« First < 186236276282283284285286 287288 >
Up